Tyler down in serious condition in Idaho!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought, as night falls.So you're laying in a hospital bed, heavily drugged, but still in sickening pain.

The nurses have done the shift change, the visitors have come and gone,

the lights in the hallway are dimmed,

and now it's you and the ceiling, ...and the IV, and the monitors.

You wonder if life will ever be the same, or if you'll ever be the same.

We're with you Tyler. You'll be better.

Good night kid.
Great encouragement from someone with similar "battle scars" :)

I blasted through Boise early sunday morning(06/28/09) on my ride out to Portland. I knew Tyler would be in the Wyoming area... I was hoping to read her ride report tonight. Guess it will wait a few weeks.

This just sucks :(

I'm tempted to change my return route next weekend; Montana and ND aren't moving. However, with the seriousness of the condition, I'll send my "GET WELL SOON, I really like reading your ride reports" now and follow this thread.

Not that I can do much, but whatever I can do I will. I'm riding back home next weekend (Jul 4/5); Boise can be on my way home.

Keep fighting Tyler!

One thing i have learned about you online, Is that you are a strong willed person, And i know that you will not go out without a fight!

Kick ass and take names girl!

On the Donating blood thing... I need to chack to see if i am eligible with my current meds and heart. Anyone in the know about this stuff, Shoot me a PM. Thx

On the Donating blood thing... I need to chack to see if i am eligible with my current meds and heart. Anyone in the know about this stuff, Shoot me a PM. Thx
From here:

General GuidelinesTo give blood for transfusion to another person, you must be healthy, be at least 17 years old or 16 years old if allowed by state law. You must weigh at least 110 pounds, and not have donated whole blood in the last 8 weeks (56 days) or double red cells in the last 16 weeks (112 days). "Healthy" means that you feel well and can perform normal activities. If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure, "healthy" also means that you are being treated and the condition is under control.

Other aspects of each potential donor's health history are discussed as part of the donation process before any blood is collected. Each donor receives a brief examination during which temperature, pulse, blood pressure and blood count (hemoglobin or hematocrit) are measured.

Not that I can do much, but whatever I can do I will. I'm riding back home next weekend (Jul 4/5); Boise can be on my way home.
...I think there'll be a few of us in Boise next weekend. Ride safe
Well, twistedcricket, that sounds like an excellent idea - even worth the risk of running into barb.

I'll see y'all there. I'll call ahead and tell Tyler to stock up on beer.

Just as a reminder people...
Jamie ( Tyler's sister ) says she took over 3 gallons of blood so far in her recovery. That's a big hit on the local blood supply.

It doesn't matter where you call home, the Red Cross has sent out an urgent appeal for blood donations. If you can find it within you, please schedule a donation sometime this week.

Tyler's case shows how much we all depend on the emergency medical system in this country.

nuff said.

Brodie
+1 on the Blood Donations, both my Daughters work for the Red Cross Blood Services. Their always short on supply, give any where they will move it to where it is needed.

Two kids workin at the Red cross, just call me pin cushion.

Well, twistedcricket, that sounds like an excellent idea - even worth the risk of running into barb.

Are we setting a time? Or just show up? Pencil me on the list of visitors please.

If these aren't already being read to her, I could print them out before I leave and deliver them.

I'll PM my mobile info to whoever is coordinating this effort.

The thoughts and prayers of hundreds are all for her. Mine included!

Go represent for me too........ OM... :)

B

I never had the privilege to meet you or ride with you Tyler (I could never make it down to the South Bay). I am so saddened to hear of this tragedy, but I can tell you have so many that care about you throughout the motorcycle community and beyond. We are all praying for you girl. Thank you for welcoming me to ride with your group. Hopefully someday I can meet you.

Mend Well Tyler

jen

Jaime and Shannon,
I know we are all focused on Tyler right now, but take care of yourselves, also.

I hope the hospital there is helping you out. If not, start asking what facilities they have for you.

I sat with my wife in intensive care for 10 days, sleeping in a waiting room chair, and didn't find out for a week that there was a place to take a shower.
Some wise advice indeed, for the family. Modern thinking is realizing the benefit of family presence to a critically ill patient. The family needs to be taken care of, so that they can continue to support the patient. Shower facilities are usually available and often the use of a kitchen, so visitors can save a little $$ over buying cafeteria meals all the time.

Car parking passes can be bought more economically by the week or month, than daily (if the hospital charges for parking).

The closest family member can get a Family Leave Of Absence from work, to be at the bedside.

When Tyler comes home, she may need some DME's (durable medical equipment). Insurance will typically pay the rental for a hospital bed and wheelchair but not for a shower chair, commode, handrails etc. Do check the Internet for these. We found them at a pretty good price with nominal or free shipping.

And to the person posting the updates, great job! I work in an ICU and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Jaime and Shannon,
I know we are all focused on Tyler right now, but take care of yourselves, also.

I hope the hospital there is helping you out. If not, start asking what facilities they have for you.

I sat with my wife in intensive care for 10 days, sleeping in a waiting room chair, and didn't find out for a week that there was a place to take a shower.
Some wise advice indeed, for the family. Modern thinking is realizing the benefit of family presence to a critically ill patient. The family needs to be taken care of, so that they can continue to support the patient. Shower facilities are usually available and often the use of a kitchen, so visitors can save a little $$ over buying cafeteria meals all the time.

Car parking passes can be bought more economically by the week or month, than daily (if the hospital charges for parking).

The closest family member can get a Family Leave Of Absence from work, to be at the bedside.

When Tyler comes home, she may need some DME's (durable medical equipment). Insurance will typically pay the rental for a hospital bed and wheelchair but not for a shower chair, commode, handrails etc. Do check the Internet for these. We found them at a pretty good price with nominal or free shipping.

And to the person posting the updates, great job! I work in an ICU and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
Silver Penguin ~ Thanks for bringing up the unexpected costs involved with long-term accommodative equipment for Tyler's rehab time at home.

I'm thinking that this is a perfect opportunity for those of us who would like to help Tyler and her family out in some way... like setting up a fund to help defray all or a portion of this expense. It would probably make more sense if the person organizing this effort lived close enough to Tyler's home to make delivery of the proceeds easier, but not mandatory...

If someone is willing to step up to the plate and organize this, maybe through PayPal, or whatever, please put me down for an initial donation and let me know where to send it!

Hang in there, T! We're all rooting for you.

Don

Silver Penguin ~ Thanks for bringing up the unexpected costs involved with long-term accommodative equipment for Tyler's rehab time at home.
I'm thinking that this is a perfect opportunity for those of us who would like to help Tyler and her family out in some way... like setting up a fund to help defray all or a portion of this expense. It would probably make more sense if the person organizing this effort lived close enough to Tyler's home to make delivery of the proceeds easier, but not mandatory...

If someone is willing to step up to the plate and organize this, maybe through PayPal, or whatever, please put me down for an initial donation and let me know where to send it!

Hang in there, T! We're all rooting for you.

Don
Let me find out how I can set up a separate checking account at my bank to tie-in to a PayPal account (Keep everything separate from my personal stuff. Then I could set something up. However, I'm not entirely sure how to get the disbursements to Tyler or her family. If someone else can set this up now, go for it. I would ask for patience and I'll talk with them when I visit this weekend and ask what they think would be of most help. (and to where I could send the $$)

Are members of the other forums setting something up? Should we coordinate with them or just do our own thing and have a spokesperson? (I nominate OM for that role).

This is absolutely HORRID news. I first heard about this while I was with my bud, Violione on a cycle camping trip. His wife, Scoops sent him a text giving a few details about the incident.

It definitely changed the weekend mood for me. I guess it really hit close to home since she is a fellow chick rider.

Huge, huge wishes for a full & speedy recover, Tyler.

Heidi