USofA '06 FJR has shipped!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So everyone...they really are coming and my thanks to the fellows at North End Cycle in Elkhart, IN for getting her (and the bags) here in MARCH per the agreement on Sept 28, 2005! 
At first, it was hard to understand how the first FJR reported in the USA was being delivered to Indiana. But since you report you ordered on day 1 of the POO (heh), I guess it seems Yamaha are doing what they said they'd do with respect to the first come, first served aspect of the PDP program. Congratulations on your delivery.

There are other people (like myself and Tony @ Texarkana) who ordered on day 1 and haven't received their bikes yet, so no this doesn't make sense. We don't even know if ours have shipped yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are other people (like myself and Tony @ Texarkana) who ordered on day 1 and haven't received their bikes yet, so no this doesn't make sense. We don't even know if ours have shipped yet.
First come first served does not necessarily imply first come first served all at the same time.

That said, it would be nice to know if there has really only been 1 delivery in the USA, or have there been others.

You will make yourselves crazy if you attempt to apply logic or deductive reasoning to the process. That's why so many of us enjoy picking on the waiters. We've been one at some time and realize there is no way to understand how the process works. Realizing the utter frustration, we try using negative humor to diffuse a situation that cannot be explained.

[SIZE=8pt]Waiting really really really really really sucks. Especially when others are riding their new bike home and ordered it 3 weeks after you did.[/SIZE]

Soon... I should be getting an email from Tony.

Soon... I should get all that financing and insurance stuff in line.

Soon... I should be touching my FJR.

Soon... I be feeling the swoosh of the wind and the lean in the curves.

Soon...

But trust me, it won't be soon enough.

Bunsen

My dealer called Saturday & said he would have mine ready to pickup Wednesday, can't wait. :D

Soon... I should be getting an email from Tony.
Soon... I should get all that financing and insurance stuff in line.

Soon... I should be touching my FJR.

Soon... I be feeling the swoosh of the wind and the lean in the curves.

Soon...

But trust me, it won't be soon enough.

Bunsen
+1

I think I can feel the "waves" of sympathy now...but I'm still waiting....for the durn rain to clear out so I can ride the new '06 FJR more. Simply not fair...right???! May be outta here tomorrow but as I have a late meeting...still no riding. Do I hear a tear???! Oh sigh...waiting does bite, especially when the bike is in ones hot lil hands, but the weather won't cooperate.....WHAAAAAA! DFO :(

Mine's comin!!! Confirmed shipped and I will take delivery Friday. Watch out boys!! :hyper:

Just got the call from my dealer & the bike was delivered today, they are putting it together now. I'm going to pick it up tonight if the tornado's don't get here first.

vin# is 000295.

Just got the call from my dealer & the bike was delivered today, they are putting it together now. I'm going to pick it up tonight if the tornado's don't get here first.vin# is 000295.
Comgrats man! your wait is ovah!! :clap:

I haven't been waiting as long as some, but just as anxious, and my hubby is probably climbing the walls hoping it comes soon. Gave a call to the dealer, and since I was #2 on their list, I will see it next week! Now just wish my old bike would sell so I'm not forced to park the car outside but will if I need to.

Look at it this way...your VINs are lower...mine is 00344.....and the weather is still cold, damp and windy....WHAAA! DFO <_<

Just got the call from my dealer & the bike was delivered today, they are putting it together now. I'm going to pick it up tonight if the tornado's don't get here first.vin# is 000295.
Comgrats man! your wait is ovah!! :clap:
Woohoo! Bring you camera!

Last edited by a moderator:
no fair.... my dealer here in Arkansas still just shows a delivery in April... grrr...
Your still not doing too bad.

I had to spell FJR for my dealer!

They don't know nothing bout nothing, and aren't inclined to find out. My only source of info is this site.

And I thank you for that! :)

Yesterday I emailed my dealer to tell him that some FJR-A's are being delivered here in the USA and asked if he has heard anything about mine.

The dealer just called me this morning and told me that they just got off the phone with Yamaha and they would not give them a shipping date for the 8 FJR-A's that are destined for the dealership; Columbia Motorsports (Connecticut).

He recommended that I call the Yamaha Customer Service number and tell them how unhappy I was and maybe I will get some type of gift certificate or something from them. All I really want is my bike. The dealer told me that it usually takes about three weeks to get bikes once they get a shipping notice. Since there is no shipping notice yet it is looking more likely that I will receive my bike in May. :mad: :fuk:

Here is the Yamaha Customer Service number for anybody who needs it.

1-800-962-7926 :argue:

I sent an e-mail to my dealer and he replied:

Yamaha has just informed us that deliveries are about 3 weeks behind the original schedule. That means bikes that were scheduled for March are going to begin shipping around April 10th. This will put the first bikes here pretty late in April.They point out that the original dates were estimated ship dates but apoligize for any inconvienience.

This sux, my bike was scheduled for April.

Mike

Latest posts