Venting About Group Buys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black mamba

You have to admit that the whole theme of this thread was provocative, and would solicit the comments that you have received.

If you knowingly pick a fight, be prepared to defend yourself.

By the way you were correct on the piece vs peace deal.

https://www.redding.com/news/2007/feb/03/speak-your-piece/

I just love a good pissing contest.

Zoltan :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Piece

Isavella1.jpg

Peace

shirt.JPG

Ummmm, I'll go with Piece for $50 Alex............

Say Radman,

I that piece (ummmm, how should I say this) local???

And if so...

Why can't you find one w/o a ring on her finger if'n your gonna tease us like that.

-bvw.

my wife told me that if i'm good today, then i will get a peace of ace. :yahoo:

There is no way of thanking WC enough for all he has done for the FJR community, and many other motorcycle sites, events, engineering of product, consultation, computer work etc. The list may go on and on and on. I challenge any of you that have a different views on things that go on this site contribute your time, energy and money to do what WC has done for many of us motorcycle enthusiast. You may not agree with his methods but one has to respect his dedication. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.

There are so many other behind the scene projects that have benefited many of us, such as the FJR ticker. Without his push we may be riding them without a fix from Yamaha. Group buys, corporate sponsors for our events not to mention his IBA involvement. His FJR tech site has help many of us want to be mechanics. Some don't contribute this much in their lifetime for themselves much less for others.

Frankly I am not a WC apologist. I don't even agree with all he says or the way he goes about it. But I truly respect a man of his dedication and perseverance. Especially when he rises above all the attacks and trashing he gets from some.

Thanks you for the right to say my piece or peace whichever.

Zoltan...

You are certainly right. Get into a contentious situation and you better be prepared to defend yourself.....no problem for me. The odd thing in this whole affair is that I was really just speaking up for the poor forum member who had his post whacked. In any event, things are cool. Glad to see that someone else, and I am sure there are many on the forum, can discern what proper word usage is all about. Have a good day.

Glad to see that someone else, and I am sure there are many on the forum, can discern what proper word usage is all about. Have a good day.
The discussion about piece/peace was beginning to confuse me. Let's see if I have this correct (having NOT read Zoltan's link).

I can speak my piece, i.e., give someone a piece of my mind (as if I have extra to give away), I can carry a piece (as in a fire arm), I can have a piece of cake or candy but that will not cause peace with my doctor when my weight balloons. Then there is, "You want a piece of this?"

I can experience peace (While trying to piece my life back together), I can hope/pray/wish for peace, I can enforce peace while carrying the afforementioned piece. Of course there are those who would take umbrage at all of this talk about peace.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

Oh wow, peace, man!

Are we done yet? :dribble: :yahoo: :rofl:

Yes, Matt, but they are juxtaposing the words to produce a politically correct phrase, as in this:

Oh wow, peace, man!
Or "...peace, peace, and there'll be no....."
If I am....there are a whole lotta (slang intentended) others sources doing it as well including published books. Do I keep adding examples?

Adding more examples of an incorrect word usage accomplishes nothing. Go to any real authorative source and you will see that it is PIECE, man, PIECE. But now I'm all about PEACE. I honestly hope you have a good day, Ignacio.

But let's not argue about who killed who. After all this is a festive occasion.
Ok, don't you guys know the rules? Threads are supposed to die of natural causes once a Monty Python reference is made... sheesh, some people.... :rolleyes:

Let's get back to pissing and moaning about Group Buys. If you guys want to continue the ENGLISH LANGUAGE debate, start a separate thread! :clapping:

Now, if you want to make peace and start debating Radman's PIECE, then I'm all for that in any thread. Or without any thread(s). Crap, I just got off topic again... :man_in_love:

Adding more examples of an incorrect word usage accomplishes nothing. Go to any real authorative source and you will see that it is PIECE, man, PIECE. But now I'm all about PEACE. I honestly hope you have a good day, Ignacio.
Ooops, you did it again! It's not authorative.

It's authorative

...unless you're going to claim Merriam-Webster dictionary isn't a qualified source.

Glass houses my friend.

Ignacio...

It's really authoritative. You can't even correct a purposely-injected incorrect spelling. You are ill-equiped to do battle under these circumstances. Now peace brother.

:jerry:

...In the FWIW department, I am of the belief that Piece and Peace are 100% interchangeable in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.