Wayne (ExtremeMarine) and Annette Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I demand to be first in line when they finally ask for help. I'm just totally devastated by this news. Wayne and Annette, my best wishes and whole hearted support on a quick recovery. I'm so sorry this had to happen after such a perfect weekend. Whatever you need, whatever you want, whatever I can do let me know and I'll get it done for you....thats a promise. Might be just about time for another 50/50.
Chris
I don't know Wayne and Annette, but 'Extreme Marine' is famous in my office. I had his 2007 EOM can dragging photo on my desktop for a while.

Sorry to hear about the spill. Both in my prayers.

Keith

I talked with Annette briefly at lunchtime. She was extremely groggy since just having her wrist operated on this morning.

She mentioned that the docs sounded fairly positive about the possibility of going home soon.

Unfortunately, the weather that way does not look good so I won't be able to go to visit this weekend. My car is on its last legs & we have a noreaster moving through... which counts the bike out as transportation to Roanoke.

Wow, I'm really sad to hear about the accident. I'll be in VA in 2 weeks and if at that time theirs anything I can do please let me know. My in-laws live just south of Roanoke and my folks are in Danville. Both are retired and willing to help if needed. Heal fast.

Me and Creta spent a good portion of the day with Wayne and Annette. They are both in good spirits and making steady progress towards recovery.

I told them of everyone's well wishes and that everyone was with them in spirit. They asked that I convey sincere thanks to everyone for all the good deeds and good tidings that have been sent their way as of late.

Has anyone spoken with / visited Wayne and Annette in the last couple of days?

Just curious if they have been released.

I talked w/ Annette this morning. Seems that she was released & they were going to set up a bed for her in Wayne's room until she found a way home... until they discovered her cracked heel that they overlooked & readmitted her. No shit man, that's what really happened.

So, as it stands right now, she is again admitted & is on the same floor as Wayne.

I intend to go see them this weekend.

She also told me that Wayne won't be going home anytime soon,

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
:assassin: Did they shake the bones and rattle the snake tail to find this. Are they going to do surgery again to fix it. Maybe someone should suggest a full body CT Scan so they do not miss anything else.

I talked w/ Annette this morning. Seems that she was released & they were going to set up a bed for her in Wayne's room until she found a way home... until they discovered her cracked heel that they overlooked & readmitted her. No shit man, that's what really happened.
So, as it stands right now, she is again admitted & is on the same floor as Wayne.

Heidi
A cracked heel?! Holy sheet... What the?! How did they miss THAT, fer cryin' out loud.

Glad she was healed up enough to be released. Briefly. Great googly-moogly...

Thanks for the update, Heidi. Positive heal-up good mojo thoughts still headed their way.

Andy

Heidi
A cracked heel?! Holy sheet... What the?! How did they miss THAT, fer cryin' out loud.

Thanks for the update, Heidi. Positive heal-up good mojo thoughts still headed their way.

Andy
Yeah man, I don't know how they missed that.

Also shared with me was the fact that she doesn't feel that she was ready to be released. I suppose the cracked heel was a blessing in disguise.

Heidi

Andy
Yeah man, I don't know how they missed that.
Oh, I dunno - Maybe they got distracted by the internal bleeding, punctured lung, etc?

Relatively minor (though certainly not trivial) injuries are often missed during the first few days, in cases of Trauma Admittance. It's a matter of stablizing the patient, then prioritizing the rehab.

Keep healing, Wayne & Annette!

Thanks Chris. I was just a little amazed since she'd been walking on it. Must not of hurt that bad?

I'll be going up this weekend. If anyone has special messages to convey or something of that sort, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap!, I forgot to mention that Wayne had his spleen worked on, yesterday. It was punctured but they didn't need to remove it. The broken back is the biggest concern with him right now.

I'll be going up this weekend. If anyone has special messages to convey or something of that sort, let me know.
Make sure you tell his doctor that they might as well replace his cam chain tensioner while he is in there.

Then ask if he knows how to get the boot marks off of his muffler? :)

Make sure you tell his doctor that they might as well replace his cam chain tensioner while he is in there.Then ask if he knows how to get the boot marks off of his muffler? :)
Holy cow Tom, that is funny!

Heidi,

Kind of an inside joke with Wayne and me, But during EOM, He and I crossed paths several times, And when he said anything to me, He said "Are you doin' good?" And i laughed and said yes.

Please pass on my humor to him asking "you Doin' Good?" :)

Heal fast guys... Your both in my prayers for a expedient recovery.

Adam

Heidi,

Kind of an inside joke with Wayne and me, But during EOM, He and I crossed paths several times, And when he said anything to me, He said "Are you doin' good?" And i laughed and said yes.

Please pass on my humor to him asking "you Doin' Good?" :)

Heal fast guys... Your both in my prayers for a expedient recovery.

Adam

Oh, I dunno - Maybe they got distracted by the internal bleeding, punctured lung, etc? Relatively minor (though certainly not trivial) injuries are often missed during the first few days, in cases of Trauma Admittance. It's a matter of stablizing the patient, then prioritizing the rehab.
Same here. Days after my crash, the x-ray girl told me my color bone was shattered. When I asked the doc about it, he said he didn't know it. Said he was too busy trying to save my life. :huh: So, indeed they do prioritize what issues to address, but what I don't quite understand is the lack of re-evaluation once a stabilized condition is met.