Western FJR Riders Roundup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well money talks and bs walks,take me off the list, weddings fri sat and sun. have a great time everyone,ride safe and take pics.
Mi Hermano Guillermo, we're going to miss you; you always liven up a FJR Forum Event, Old Michael is REALLY going to miss you! jes' sayin' and nuff said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where'd the damn t-shirt link go?

Looks like we should order some logo'd sheep skins....

Thanks for not pointing out its in the next frickin thread.
uhoh.gif

Sometimes my own stupidity is amazing...

Doug asked I post up a few rides south of Hwy 88. I just threw these together so please don't crash into the farmhouse 100' off the main road if the GPS directs you that way.
uhoh.gif

All these rides and a few gas/food stops can be downloaded in this GPX file.

Little Dog Ride.

This one takes you south to Monitor Pass down to Sonora Pass then up to Ebbetts Pass and back through Virginia City 364 miles and the perfect sample platter. GPX download link.

i-2xsh3Vs-L.jpg

Big Dog Ride.

Not quite the Big Dogs of NAFO past but still a good chunk of prime real estate. This could take longer than the the 553 miles would indicate with weekend traffic. Fast run down 395 with a little diversion on the way down over Monitor Pass to Hwy 120 Tioga Pass through Tuolumne Meadows up Hwy 49 to Hwy 108 over Sonora Pass and back up Hwy 395. GPX download link.

i-hrnnWwF-L.jpg

ADV Lite.

Paved all the way but no painted lines on a few of these less traveled paths. Watch for wildlife, rock fall and BMW GS's. A good way to see the majority of Lake Tahoe. GPX download link.

i-CDSrJ3w-L.jpg

Have fun!

Some of us are going to see a lot of that this week end. Could you do some maybe north and west of Sparks??? Please!!

I'mnot smart enough to post the map here yet, but please put up the Sparks to Quincy to Laporte to Brownsville to Grass Valley Nevada City and back over "Old Donner Pass" to Truckee then Slab to Sparks. There isn't a prettier or more challenging ride in the area.

Option two, on the return is to take CA 20 west to Marysville then 70 north to Oroville and come back up the Feather River Canyon to Quincy.then to Sparks.

I remember that road in the late 60's long before Laporte to Quincy was paved!

It was quite an accomplishment to make that trip in a 2wd vehicle. Some real narrow, rocky,steep sections with sheer drops of hundreds of feet into the Feather river.

It's almost a highway now between Laporte and Quincy

I remember that road in the late 60's long before Laporte to Quincy was paved! It was quite an accomplishment to make that trip in a 2wd vehicle. Some real narrow, rocky,steep sections with sheer drops of hundreds of feet into the Feather river. It's almost a highway now between Laporte and Quincy
Right you are John. Used to ride it on the KLR in the gravel. Rode it a couple weeks back on my KTM 990 supermoto- Yahoo!!!!!

Check out my first post I have some of the routes you mention posted there.

...please put up the ...Quincy to Laporte ... There isn't a more challenging ride in the area. ...
Tell me about it! :D
La Porte road got me too! Unfortunate high side after hitting a patch of sand under power, but luckily did not end up in a tree like someone else I heard about.....

Bugnatr and others, per our conversation at GOTC in Sonora, I'll not make this event. I checked my calendar and have that weekend booked for another event that's a 15 year tradition.
Sorry, but life priorities.....

FJR Riders Western Roundup Attendance List as of 6/10/14: If you are going and are not on this list please inform me on this FJR Forum thread or [email protected] or 480-440-4666 and I will add your name. If you are packing your Significant Other on your bike, please let me know and I will list their name behind yours.

Brodie
airboss
Marty - 0face
Larry and Connie from Oregon
festar from OZ
dcarver
SacramentoMike
puppychow
Rick and Karen
Mr. and Mrs. Highlander
Bokerfork
wluvbikn - Phil & Charlene
bigjohnsd
FJRONAMISSION
TheZsdad
Slappy and Mrs. Slappy
Ijiggle and Ms Ijiggle
FarWestFast Eddie
Old Michael and Lovely Laura
JerryZ
Dr. Bob Flanders
James
03silverbullet
pegscraper and MsNASCAR
Dashbaw
gfran - Gary and Cindy
Hudson
Petey
Cibrd0wn and Wife
Al and Sheila
Jack and Gayle.(Herbike on the Wing forum)
Silver Penguin (Miss Jilly Beans) and Tractor Driver (Andy H.)
Ann on her Street Triple
ULEWZ
Jorstin
Back Door Bob
Longrider - Bruce
Gordie T.
Gregory
Bugnatr and Gayle
BeemerDonS and Miss Donna and Son Seth
FJRay and Patti
escapefjrtist and Mrs. Gorgeous George
ahchiu - Marcus