WFO Banquet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question has come up in another thread... if we're not standing at the door at 7:00, and we've already paid in advance, can we arrive a few minutes late and still get fed if the Big Dog ride runs a bit long? How late do you think would be too late?

The question has come up in another thread... if we're not standing at the door at 7:00, and we've already paid in advance, can we arrive a few minutes late and still get fed if the Big Dog ride runs a bit long? How late do you think would be too late?
So, my guess is an hour or so. I think I'll make a point of telling staff that we have X people on a ride and they may get their by 8 p.m. and hold a bit in reserve. I'll talk with George to try and accomodate SS folks as best as I can. Realistically though, I wouldn't expect to hold meals until 10 p.m. or something. I'm betting the banquet starts to wind down by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it too late to pay for the dinners? If not, please advise as to procedure, as I'm not familiar with PayPal. OR, PM me with info on where to send a check.

Is it too late to pay for the dinners? If not, please advise as to procedure, as I'm not familiar with PayPal. OR, PM me with info on where to send a check.
Points are given for reading comprehension on this forum.........

paste007 - Go to the very first post in this thread. There, Ignacio gives all the details. From that info, you need to PM him to request check/snail-mail payment method. And the sooner the better.

Points are given for reading comprehension on this forum.........

paste007 - Go to the very first post in this thread. There, Ignacio gives all the details. From that info, you need to PM him to request check/snail-mail payment method. And the sooner the better.
I just got back from a three week trip and as of time leaving nothing had been setteled for the banquet, I just sent my paypal for Fri&Sat.Eight days of rideing 6,000+ miles.

rogerfjrfaster

I haven't processed the checks yet, but am in the middle of catching up with youz folks that navigated the perils of PayPal. Thank you all. It's even actually taking a bit of time on some because of the different names, people paying for people, package combinations, and other minutae.

Haven't processed the checks yet, but I what I have so far is 64 people on the package plan, 3 for Friday only, and 3 for Saturday only.

Canadian folks get a subsidy of a buck or two because of some exchange rate services, but we all love Canucks so much it's worth it in enlightened table conversation alone.

What I've found most interesting is that I think I know the first name of so many more folks. Bruce, Tim, Robert, Larry, Penny, etc. Nice normal sounding names for such characters on the board ;)

Call this a bump to get your banquet fees in. Spreadsheets are being builts, they're being double-checked with registration names and, and packets will be awaiting folks at the door. What, we're 10 days out?

Reno awaits us!

Haven't processed the checks yet, but I what I have so far is 64 people on the package plan, 3 for Friday only, and 3 for Saturday only.

Out of over 300!? :blink:
Yeah, attendees better get on the stick and ante up, because if you wait to pay after the 23rd, you'll won't be able to take advantage of the price break, as Iggy fully outline in the first post in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, But i am having a hard time justifying over $40 per meal... I need to think about it a bit more though. :unsure:

Sorry, But i am having a hard time justifying over $40 per meal... I need to think about it a bit more though. :unsure:
Wait a minute... Is this the same guy (galaxyblue) who ate the slab-o-ribs, 4lbs carp (i think) with a salad and cold drink with a sissy stick for $$$$ in Arkansas??? :lol: :lol: Smitty

Wait a minute... Is this the same guy (galaxyblue) who ate the slab-o-ribs, 4lbs carp (i think) with a salad and cold drink with a sissy stick for $$$$ in Arkansas??? :lol: :lol: Smitty
Yeah, But that was only $20... :****:

Sorry, But i am having a hard time justifying over $40 per meal... I need to think about it a bit more though.
Have you ever been to a good dinner show in Vegas or Reno/Tahoe and paid under $45/$50? This is all you can eat dinner show. Let's hear it for the "Man-boobs". This is the heart and soul of the FJR folks. And you're trying to justify $$. This is the MAIN EVENT bonding/gathering of the "FJR GROUP." The door prizes should be motivation enough. There is something for everybody. :yahoo: Need I say more?

Sometimes I do too. Lord knows I worked on the cost as much and I could. I assure you there is less than $1 in margin on these costs. Don't a single soul feel they need to leave a tip unless somebody gets a blow job from staff as the 18% gratuity is already covered. In fact, I don't even have any room to comp any of the Yamaha meals or staff. Warchild's having to pay for dinner at this point.

I think The Hilton has been tough on dinner price negotiation because they've yielded so many more of those $79 rooms instead of the $149 they're getting now for the sold-out status. I just ask you to factor that into the equation here.

Another consideration.....beyond any male mammaries that make me shudder. Gaaaaaah :blink: The dinner and social hour is a signficant event to recap the day of riding. You want to miss the camaraderie down the road by catching a cheap buffet? If you do, remember there were a few folks that did that at WFO-4 and they were bummin' as they kinda got out of synch with everybody else....and suspiciously racked up a comparable bar tab.

Final consideration. That meal ticket you get will have a number stamped on it. That number gets you in the drawings for the plethora o' goodies that Warchild is amassing. Maybe he can chime in how big and how quality that pile is getting?

That meal ticket you get will have a number stamped on it. That number gets you in the drawings for the plethora o' goodies that Warchild is amassing.
And some of us have two numbers, for double the odds! :clapping: :yahoo:

Yes. The dinners are too damned expensive. Seriously.

That said, the dinners are priceless due to the comraderie shared with your FJR bretheren. This is going to be THE FJR event, and the dinners are probably the most important part of it.

So don't be a fucking cheapskate and miss out on what will be an absolutely great time because of, in the great scheme of things, a few measly dollars.

Listen to my advice. Heed my wisdom. You don't pony up for the too damned expensive dinners, and YOU WILL regret it.

Word.

I'm confused.....I thought it was "werd"? Is that some french dialect or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.