WFO Big Dog ride route

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, I have the P-Case set up with tools, ect... so it would be nice to have it. Also I'll probally decide which route I'm taking a couple days before I leave... I'm thinking of taking the long way and checking out the ET Hwy so it would be nice to not have to worry about finding fuel. But I may do a staight shot up, haven't decided yet.

Well, ok, but keep me posted on your departure plans if you want a riding partner or 3. I know that me, Roy and Carla are on the same page for departure any time, any where...

Done, but the first group is full up, so I started a third. That is, unless someone currently in the first solo group wants to drop back into the (second) two-up group. There's one spot left back there.
Hey, you got me and Ms NASCAR hooked into a group yet? I'll try to pry Bob 'n Nanc and the Big Dolma away from the pool area for a spirited ride. :yahoo:

Hey, you got me and Ms NASCAR hooked into a group yet? I'll try to pry Bob 'n Nanc and the Big Dolma away from the pool area for a spirited ride. :yahoo:
O.K, here it is again:
OK -- so here's who we have so far in the first squadron:1) exskibum

2) twowheelnut

3) tcfjr

4) Groo

5) Yamahammer

6) 650cent

7) worldbound4now

8) Bike Effects

And the second:

1) The Toecutter(s)???

2) The Bluestreeks

3) The Bugrs

4) The FastJoyRiders

5) Bearly Flying & FJRChik

6) Pegscraper & MsNascar

7) The Mike-H's

8)

Third group (solos for now)

1) Minuteman

2) GalaxyBlue

3) MNFJR05

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

The group makeups are listed in my first post of the thread. There is a full solo group of eight and a group of seven two-ups. I'm sure we can find leadership for as many groups as want to sign up. Let me rephrase:

[SIZE=18pt]Ridership is not limited to sixteen bikes! We'll make this work for as many people as want to go.[/SIZE]

Rules to follow at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added myself top the list in the third group!

Sounds like as blast!

OK -- so here's who we have so far in the first squadron:

1) exskibum

2) twowheelnut

3) tcfjr

4) Groo

5) Yamahammer

6) 650cent

7) Bearly Flying

8) worldbound4now

And the second:

1) The Toecutters

2) The Bluestreeks

3) The Bugrs

4) The FastJoyRiders

5) Rogue & FJRChik

6) Pegscraper & MsNascar

7) The Mike-H's

8)

Third group (solos for now)

1) Minuteman

2) GalaxyBlue

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

I just went and pre-rode the "Open Passes" for next weekend. Ladies and gentlemen, its hot out there. 102 in the shade when I stopped along Hwy 49 @ 2 PM.

[SIZE=14pt]Water is your friend! [/SIZE] A Camelback (or other bladder) and an extra bottle of water is a must. You will want to stay hydrated all day long. In the morning, it will be pleasant and while climbing the mountains, but the return trip will be in the afternoon heading North on Hwy 395, and it will be hot and dry (Hint: its in the high desert.).

Please plan and be prepared. Heat stroke or dehydration; its a bad thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to pry Bob 'n Nanc and the Big Dolma away from the pool area for a spirited ride.
I was just informed recently that due to work scheduling conflict, Bob 'n Nanc will NOT be attending. They have a room at the Hilton available if anyone needs one. :(

Guys, is this ride still on Friday?? If so, then I think I just lost my pilot cause of the saddle sore ride.

Guys, is this ride still on Friday?? If so, then I think I just lost my pilot cause of the saddle sore ride.
Just stick out your thumb when you get there....you'll have no problems getting a lift :D ;)
very funny :p i just don't wanna haul all my gear there and then not need it. ya kno!
That saddle sore is gay! Home in time for beddy-bye....Whatever. Ours took 22 hours, 15 minutes and we were working hard at gettin 'er dun!

Isn't there a minimum time amount per IBA guidelines? Seems like they wouldn't condone average speeds over a predetermined amount. That was one of them rhetorical questions, BTW....What do I care if someone wants to travel all the way to WFO and go run hot freeways all day.

Yes, the ride is gonna be Friday. Twist and shout! :yahoo:

I'm sure you'll find a seat, somehow. Word. But not from Groo the crawfish or Rogue the flamer. :lol:

OK, a couple of PMs later and I'm back with Bearly Flying. Please update list. Gracias!

I can't believe there was no comeback for Toe's comment on Groo or Rogue.....from anyone.... :blink:

Any chance I could get into group two? How many miles total is this ride?
Per Iggy from pg. 1 -

Computing as you were posting. Hopefully, I got it close to right. Below is the map image. According to Microsoft Streets and Trips it's 383 miles and with stock settings and no stops it's called 7 hours, 42 minutes.

I can't believe there was no comeback for Toe's comment on Groo or Rogue.....from anyone.... :blink:
I've been called worse... :lol:
Groo....that's it?....that's all?....man life sure does suck tonight....Groo has no comeback....oh crap that must mean the end of the world is near..... :blink: :eek:
Most crawfish related comeback involve "sucking fluids", and I'd rather not go there right now... :huh: :lol: