WFO Big Dog ride route

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance I could get into group two? How many miles total is this ride?
I listed you into the third group for now. You wanna lead the second group? It looks like I may be solo and, if so, I'd like to jump back into the first group as originally planned.
BE check out the official WFO site.... mileages for all rides posted there.... :)
Mike, and everyone,This isn't an official WFO sanctioned ride so it isn't listed on the website. Exskibum came up with the route and named it. The Yosemite Big Dog Ride is an official route and is described on the website. This one is shorter (383 miles) and devoid of the $10.00 per person national park entry fee. However, if you're coming out here and have never seen Yosemite, I'd highly recommend it, just watch out for critters! They abound in the park.

I'll try to pry Bob 'n Nanc and the Big Dolma away from the pool area for a spirited ride.
I was just informed recently that due to work scheduling conflict, Bob 'n Nanc will NOT be attending. They have a room at the Hilton available if anyone needs one. :(
O.K, but what about Big Dolma?

O.K, but what about Big Dolma?
As far as I know, he's still coming. Jerry Roustella (sp?) from Petaluma is coming too. Highlander, who is going in for back surgery soon will also be a show (with or without FJR). :clapping:

So, do any of these people want to be added to this ride?
Highlander should definately be a no. As far as the others, I personnally haven't been in contact with lately and some never (rarely) are on the Forum and I can't speak for them.

We may want to have a ride sign up sheet at check-in on Thursday. ;)

So, do any of these people want to be added to this ride?
Highlander should definately be a no.
Then maybe he could take over as "The Enforcer" while MadMike comes out to play. :D I'll bring him a lawn chair if he wants one.
We may want to have a ride sign up sheet at check-in on Thursday. ;)
I'll work on that. I'm just used to having more advance notice of attendees.

I'll work on that. I'm just used to having more advance notice of attendees.
There may be a number of owners coming who don't frequent the forum(s). If this keeps up, it'll look like and FJR train going up Hwy 108! :D

And, no, I'll not be handing over my duties, thenk yew berry much! The intention is to keep the FJR area open and safe to riders, owners, visitors, spectators, tourists, etc., etc., etc. At every other WFO there were always those milling about all day, I expect this one to be no different.

Besides, I ride waaaayyyy too slow fer yew guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listed you into the third group for now. You wanna lead the second group? It looks like I may be solo and, if so, I'd like to jump back into the first group as originally planned.]
I could do that, now that I have figured out how to put routes in my GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides, I ride waaaayyyy too slow fer yew guys.
Then you'd be perfect to lead the two-up group. You're not really expecting me to believe you're gonna play rent-a cop for like, 90 hours straight, are you?
I'll tell Eve she can police the parking lot while we go ride. The bike owners tip, right?

I wouldn't say that you need to open this ride up to every attendee of the gathering. it's an fjrforum.com thing.
Good point!

I'd be happy to have you both.
Cough.
Guys that ride sounds like alot of fun :clapping: :D , theres another one that gets your adrealine up and thats 120 go east to Benton Nv then you can return through a canyon road that has hot springs and comes out just south of Mamouth Lakes then back on 395. Yes the Chevron gas station there on 120&395 serves the best fish tacos you'll ever eat, but theres so many good roads to ride over the passes it hard to find a bad ride.

rogerfjrfaster

IBA #21261 1k 1500 BBG&50cc :clapping:

Guys that ride sounds like alot of fun :clapping: :D , theres another one that gets your adrealine up and thats 120 go east to Benton Nv then you can return through a canyon road that has hot springs and comes out just south of Mamouth Lakes then back on 395. Yes the Chevron gas station there on 120&395 serves the best fish tacos you'll ever eat, but theres so many good roads to ride over the passes it hard to find a bad ride.rogerfjrfaster

IBA #21261 1k 1500 BBG&50cc :clapping:
Sounds like we have a leader willing to set up another great WFO group ride. Start your own thread there, Rog....

serves the best fish tacos you'll ever eat
That just doesn't sound right. Fish and taco together just gives me the creeps.

I've been watching this thread, and I'm a little bummed that I live 2K away from all your fun! Can't wait to get out there and SAMPLE the roads.