What bike complements an FJR the most?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very brand loyal, as you can see by my signature!

My 2006 YZ450F is a good choice. But you have to take the "alternate" routes to work!

:D

This is going to be my second bike:

w_soFLSTF_sse_dom_C01.jpg

There still is something about American Iron that no foreign bike can touch.

Thanks. Yeah, I love that little thing. It'll handle some distance but really loves the twisties.

Currently my other licensed bike is my modified '04 1200R Sportster now that I've sold my '05 Suzook DR-Z400SM and '74 BMW R75/6. Of course there still are the other 14 UNlicensed bikes ranging from a Honda Cub 50 with 256 miles to a '75 GL1000(#00875).

My Sporty makes quite a contrast to my FJR: loud, not very fast, so-so brakes (gr8 by H-D "standards" tho...LOL!) but thanks to a Corbin Gunfighter fairly comfortable and definately more grins per mile than any of the other 76 bikes I've had. The FJR is definately gaining there tho! The Sporty and the FJR certainly make for a radically contrasting pair of bikes to ride. DFO :blink:

A naked bike is a great way to go. Less bulky, less heavy, less useful. But damn good fun. :D

my choice:

ef532e68.jpg

I sold two of my bikes in the last year and only have the FJR left but my garage won't be complete until I have:

An FJR

A GSXR 1000 or R1 (For fun morning rides up the Angeles Crest)

A Road Glide (For my wife to ride on the back of)

And to look at and ride every once in a while:

A dual sport

A 71 Bonnie

An Indian Scout

A Crocker

500 GP bike

A side hack... I like the looks of the Urals

An old BMW

A 1915-1919 American made road bike

A Black Shadow

A 79 CBX

An 81 CBX

AND.... what ever else catches my eye!

:D Hey I can dream! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd add a dual-sport to the stable for a second bike. Then I could explore all the nice trails in my neck of the woods as well. A sport bike is a tempting mistress but I think I'd leave it behind more often than not with the FJR available.
+1 My Suzuki DRZ400 does triple duty, street, track (in Super Motard configuration) and dirt. Who knew 40 hp could be so much fun!

FriscoJim,

The FZ6 is a great ride. We bought one to compliment the FJR and for my wife to ride. It would make a great light tourer if outfitted with bags.

Thom