What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Lucille on a PGR mission in Lost Angeles. For those familiar with L.A., Compton & Inglewood. I know most of us don't live where every house has bars on the windows. Adding that to my list of things I'm thankful about. The ride home was WONDERFUL.
You're lucky the bike was still there for the ride home!

Checked and made sure the FJR was tucked away and comfortable and the battery tender hooked up and showing a full charge & maintenance mode. Forecast is for generally poor weather (lots of rain and wind) through the weekend again. I hope summer comes early this year.

The snow and ice finally cleared off the roads around here so I got to try out my new suspension. I wish I hadn't waited 57,000 miles to upgrade. What a difference!

h8q7.jpg

131 pages for a NEPRT thread? Not bad!

I fixed my forks and freaking rode it! That's an accomplishment for me lately!
biggrin.png

Replaced the grip heating system. Cycle gear had the 'deluxe' system on sale for 50% off. Only 39.99. It included complete good quality grips and a controller that looks exactly like the OEM that came on my 03. The only difference is the new one has an indicator LED. My only complaint is the molded wire 'fairing' is too wide to fit my throttle lock and hand with ease. The heat is great though.

Also installed a set of cheapo hand guards to block the wind blast from my fingers. I thing that they will come off with the big wind screen and rear fender when summer gets here.

Installed front Fenda extender and two tone horns yesterday. Nice weather today here - planning to ride som kilometers.
Which two tone horns did you install? I have Korean made knock off of the Stiebel horns and went for a ride today. At 65 mph, I hit the horn button and was able to hear then nice a loud still! When I did that with the stock horn, I could barely hear it.

Oh, I went for a 4 hour ride today in 40-48 F temps. I found out I need to adjust my grip warmers to have the Medium setting at 7 and the Low settimng at 3 or 4. I also found out cruising at 92mph causes the engine to turn at 6000 RPMs and average about 41 mpg. Running 65mph allows you to average over 47mgp.

I hopped on my feej after a late breakfast and never looked back. First I headed west thinking it would be warmer. NOT !!! So then I headed East and the temps slowly went up. After riding along the coast on new roads it was time to head back to the stable. Temps were starting to drop again so we popped into Micky D's for a coffee and a break. When I got home it was a 110 mile trip in the mid to high 40's.

Sure was nice to be on the bike again.
smile.png

Dave

Finally took advantage of some halfway decent weather. Yesterday was nicer, but it wasn't to be. The monsters I created decided they wanted to ride too, and I couldn't turn them down. So, I took the 6 year old out for an hour, came home and took the 11 year old for an hour.

By the time I dropped them off, it was starting to get cold, so I decided it would be a good time to test out my Cortech Scarab gloves. They were great, even at 45f without the grip heaters on. Nice!!

Put about 100 local miles on. Not exactly what I wanted, but I got to ride, and make my girls happy.

Slabbed a couple hundred to catch a duffel bag on sale...saved a bunch of coins.

I'm getting sick of wearing the middles out of my back tires.

So I ordered Carmine's Custom Cycles FJR CT Rear Brake Bar. A trip to the darkside is in my future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed front Fenda extender and two tone horns yesterday. Nice weather today here - planning to ride som kilometers.
Which two tone horns did you install? I have Korean made knock off of the Stiebel horns and went for a ride today. At 65 mph, I hit the horn button and was able to hear then nice a loud still! When I did that with the stock horn, I could barely hear it.

Oh, I went for a 4 hour ride today in 40-48 F temps. I found out I need to adjust my grip warmers to have the Medium setting at 7 and the Low settimng at 3 or 4. I also found out cruising at 92mph causes the engine to turn at 6000 RPMs and average about 41 mpg. Running 65mph allows you to average over 47mgp.
i installed this one - sound is very nice:

https://www.louis.eu/_200030e28de716654a6311a52ee541bd3c/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10034940

Took a little 100 mile ride at 36 degrees yesterday...got the bike full of salt. Probably wash it when I get home from work today, and put it back away. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow..