What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed a fuse panel from wiremybike. The block has 3 switched and one unswitched circuits - enough for the couple things I may want to add like LED driving lights! This is a complete kit like easternbeaver's kit, but cheaper and one more circuit. One other difference is unlike the easternbeaver product, one must ground all the accessory wires. To do this, I got a little 4-position grounding bar from a local hardware store and will see if it will be a nice clean install. If others are interested, let me know and I can post some pics.
Always interested in stuff like this.

One day I may actually do something about neatening up my FJR wiring. It really is an embarrassment for someone in the industry.

Luckily my "handiwork" doesn't show.

Put on some new Carbon Fiber and Red tuning fork tank emblems I found on Amazon.
Like these?

514c-wD5kVL._SX300_.jpg

Oh my...

Picture1.png

Installed a fuse panel from wiremybike. The block has 3 switched and one unswitched circuits - enough for the couple things I may want to add like LED driving lights! This is a complete kit like easternbeaver's kit, but cheaper and one more circuit. One other difference is unlike the easternbeaver product, one must ground all the accessory wires. To do this, I got a little 4-position grounding bar from a local hardware store and will see if it will be a nice clean install. If others are interested, let me know and I can post some pics.
Always interested in stuff like this.

One day I may actually do something about neatening up my FJR wiring. It really is an embarrassment for someone in the industry.

Luckily my "handiwork" doesn't show.

Put on some new Carbon Fiber and Red tuning fork tank emblems I found on Amazon.
Like these?

514c-wD5kVL._SX300_.jpg

Oh my...

Picture1.png
Yeah those are them, I see you don't approve........I couldn't care less, I LIKE EM!! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

They look great on my Black FJR.......they would look good on a Red one too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah those are them, I see you don't approve........I couldn't care less, I LIKE EM!! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif
No, Fred's "Oh my!", was just a gasp of excitement as he gazed on those well-built shirtless men.

So, the "Oh my!" was really a comment of appreciation.

wink.png

Hey hey, to each his own... right? Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
wink.png

One has to wonder why it takes four of those shirtless men to raise that one colorful flag.

Maybe they just like "setting the pole" together?

Hey hey, to each his own... right? Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
wink.png

One has to wonder why it takes four of those shirtless men to raise that one colorful flag.

Maybe they just like "setting the pole" together?
There were like 6 or 7 Marines that did it originally on IWO JIMA.

No, Fred's "Oh my!", was just a gasp of excitement as he gazed on those well-built shirtless men.

So, the "Oh my!" was really a comment of appreciation.

biggrin.png
biggrin.png

There were like 6 or 7 Marines that did it originally on IWO JIMA.
5 Marines and a Navy Corpsman, actually. That was the second flag to be raised on Mt Suribachi. Certainly different circumstances surrounded by enemy Japanese soldiers.

I pushed it out of the way yesterday as I fished out Ginger (my TDM850) and took her out for a little spin....it was a beautiful day in the 40's.

Went to the dealer to get some info in my Y.E.S. contract. It's 13 months old now, and I thought I would get something from Yamaha. So they printed some paper cards for me. Thought Yamaha would send a credit card type of carry-with-you proof. Oh well.

Came home, and my 17yr old daughter wanted to go for a ride. So we went to lunch, drove around the phosphate mine areas (curvy roads w/ no traffic), chit-chatted while riding, went to a county park that has boardwalks through swampland, and stopped by to see her Granny. When we got home she said " that was sooo much fun! Thanks Daddy, I love you.".

Needless to say, I am one happy man right now. She has no idea I will remember that ride, and what she said, 'til the day I die. :) :)

Installed Motovation frame sliders and installed a grounding block to go with the fuse block I installed under the driver seat a week ago. Now if my FJR tips I should not have extensive damage to the tupperware and when I get my LED driving lights (and other future yet undetermined electrical goodies) it will be a snap to wire them up without having to access the battery area.

Today I actually got off work before dark and my recently ordered heated glove liners were waiting for me.

So in the interest of testing I went for a ride. I selected the warm n safe liners because reviewers claimed they only heated in the fingers and weren't very warm.

As I have hippo hands and heated grips, I only need a little heat in the fingers. They were just right. In fact I didn't have to turn on the grips.

I had hopes of doing something. After getting the floor all swept up I moved it from one side of the garage to the other. That something never occured. Now I have to go move it back to the other side again. Then put mama's car back to bed for the night.

Maybe tomorrow,

Dave

I have some PIAA 400/500 horns to install. The garage is dry and insulated, but it's pretty chilly out there, so the box is sitting on the seat for now.

Ordered up :

1. a set of LR4's with dimmer

2. wynpro PAIR kit

3 wynpro BigFoot

4. wynpro light mount

For my '05