What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you asking me for, there is no housing shortage around here.
cold.gif
I got a little cold last night, so I guess it's time to swap out the shorty shield for the barn door
coolsmiley02.gif

The wife and I did some christmas light peeping last night.....got this one just before it got too dark to see the bike:
Christmas light peeping on motorcycle? WTF do I live in ND for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a worn out front tire off and put a half worn out tire on. I'll see if I can finish that one off this week.
Hey Phil, I've got a partially used T30 GT in the garage, if you'd like it, it's yours.
Seriously? If you don't want it, I'll take it. I'm on track for 23k miles this year and next year looks even better...going out west for a few weeks. Tires alone is going to make me get a second job.

Took a worn out front tire off and put a half worn out tire on. I'll see if I can finish that one off this week.
Hey Phil, I've got a partially used T30 GT in the garage, if you'd like it, it's yours.
I think Phil is just practicing up to set the world speed record for changing tires. I got a couple of take offs that Phil could use to sharpen his skills over the winter :)
You should see my tire change operation. It includes steps such as: 1. clean off work bench so two-step ladder fits on top, 2.retrieve heavy steel tire change equipment through hatch in garage ceiling while standing on shaky wooden ladder on top of work bench, 3.bolt stuff to garage floor...all while imagining the Benny Hill music in the background.

Seriously? If you don't want it, I'll take it. I'm on track for 23k miles this year and next year looks even better...going out west for a few weeks. Tires alone is going to make me get a second job.
It's your's whenever you'd like to pick it up. If you'd like, I can probably get a picture of it. Should have less than 4k miles on it.

Gee, can't you use some of those take off tires from the jet you fly
tonguesmiley.gif

Gee, can't you use some of those take off tires from the jet you fly
tonguesmiley.gif
Might want to be careful using takeoffs from the jet. Flat Spots!

Spent some time getting my heated grips installed tonight. I bought them from a forum member last year and I am finally getting around to being able to use them. I wired them into my fuse block so I won't kill the battery like I have done in the past with my heated seat. Tomorrow and Friday will be a good test on the way to work. In the past when it gets below 30 degrees the winter gloves don't cut it and my fingers get awful cold.

One question I do have is how water proof are these things. The manufacturer is Oxford and they are just wrap around the grips with Velcro. They are easy to unclip and take off in 10 seconds if need be. The paper work says the switch is waterproof but nothing about the heated wraps. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Dave

.... The manufacturer is Oxford ... The paper work says the switch is waterproof but nothing about the heated wraps...
Oxford is an English company, they sell loads of stuff to English riders for use in English weather. I don't think you need worry.

.... The manufacturer is Oxford ... The paper work says the switch is waterproof but nothing about the heated wraps...
Oxford is an English company, they sell loads of stuff to English riders for use in English weather. I don't think you need worry.
Light rain today so they are getting tested. I had to shut them off a couple of times on the way in. They do put out quite a bit of heat. No controller so it is either on or off situation. Tomorrow I will try them with my winter gloves that are thicker.

Dave

I bought one of Oxford's bike covers on a whim while on a recent trip back to England and am really impressed with the fit and quality.

The XL size fits great even with the Givi 46 and Rifle screen fitted.

Just finished a month-long (waiting for parts and info and such) maintenance period on my 2008.

FZ1 Mirrors (big thumbs up)

Cyclops H4 replacement LED headlight bulbs (meh, probably will remove them when something better comes along)

Koso volt meter (big thumbs up - anyone want to buy a datel round panel mount 12v meter?)

New hyperpro fork springs and oil (big thumbs up)

dealer replaced fork seals and bushings (Ouch$)

bled rear brake (P.O. forgot the front right caliper bleeder needed to be done)

found and disconnected the windshield retract connector (used it for 12v feed to volt meter)

neaten up cabling from previous oxford grip heaters install

Very happy with the results. Should take me through the winter and I'll plan for new tires in the spring. Possibly do something with the rear shock (Gen 3 or aftermarket).

--Kevin

I bought one of Oxford's bike covers on a whim while on a recent trip back to England and am really impressed with the fit and quality.The XL size fits great even with the Givi 46 and Rifle screen fitted.
Good to know. How small does it pack up to?
Around 8 x 6 x 2 in a zippered case. Extremely light and soft, easily stuffed into any available space

I bought one of Oxford's bike covers on a whim while on a recent trip back to England and am really impressed with the fit and quality.The XL size fits great even with the Givi 46 and Rifle screen fitted.
Good to know. How small does it pack up to?
Around 8 x 6 x 2 in a zippered case. Extremely light and soft, easily stuffed into any available space.
It's the Aquatex model but not the 'with top box' size.

Hey Steve, 333 posts, that means you're half evil!
smile.png
He's probably fully evil considering posts in half the forum don't count. Like here.

Ooooo! Look at my post count! 2666!

Last edited by a moderator:
Washed the salt and crud off the bike from the last ride...as I was drying the bike, ice was forming on the cold metal and windshield.

So I took it out and warmed it up. The first curve the tires slipped and reminded me to take it easy. Nice to get out, but even on a Gen I I nearly froze my balls off.