What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***HIJACK***

My wife suffered with sciatica for little more than a year. One idiot doctor said it was in her head! She couldn't get any relief. Couldn't sit at all, and was made bearable standing or laying down on one certain side. Because she is in sales, and uses her car to see customers, it was brutal on her. Had to go through multiple therapy sessions, gajillion pills, 3 or 4 spinal blocks, but none worked for any length of time. One spinal block lasted 24 hrs, and they're supposed to last 3 or 4 months. Most all of this was hoops she had to jump through because of insurance.

Finally, she found a doctor through a friends recommendation. A neurosurgeon with a lot of experience and 5 star customer reviews. He looked at all of her MRI's and X-rays, listened to her symptoms, and told her " you're a prime candidate for surgery.". Worried about having back surgery, but wanting her life back...she agreed to have it done.

Best decision she's made since marrying me. Within 2 months after the operation, she was back to her old self. She now rides a motorcycle. In fact, just did 325 miles yesterday on her Ninja 300...with a stock seat no less!

Sorry to hijack this thread, and hope this gives some hope.

***HIJACK OVER***

Today, wifey and I washed our bikes > thread related

https://www.prolotherapyaz.com Joe the Bull, I got to thinking more about your sciatica problem and dug through my old records. You may indeed need surgery eventually, but before you do I highly recommend you give Prolotherapy a try first. My MD was Dr. Cronin up in Scottsdale, AZ. He has an "Ask the Doctor" section on his website for questions!

How does it work?
Prolotherapy strengthens the ligament by re-building the collagen. Glucosamine sulfate is the building material ligament cells need for collagen production and repair. Glucose is the fuel the cells use to rebuild the collagen. The healing process can be expected to continue for one to four weeks following each treatment. As the tendons and ligaments grow stronger and more capable of doing their tasks, the pain is relieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added a battery tender quick connect harness. Looks like my is tucked away for awhile with the temps in single digits to below zero again.

Brought it to the dealer for its 600 mile service and to get an estimate for repairs. The service manager looked it over with me and he understands that I hope to pay for it out of my pocket rather than through the insurance company. He also understands that it will get fixed. I will not leave it ugly.

My salesman rides a 2014A. He asked me, "How do you like those Bridgestone tires? I am not liking them at all, I want to put Michelins on it ASAP."

I agreed with him.

I took the 04 out for some air. Back roads I've never been on. Got lost. Got unlost. Meandered over to US 178 ...did some fun riding over there...did it again. Took the long way home, mild temps.
I'm liking the new normal here in SC.
I envy you Mark! I have to find an inexpensive place to spend the winters down South somewhere.

Oh I forgot to add, I washed and plugged all the bikes into battery tenders for the remainder of the winter.

I also attempted to put the Ducati up on the motorcycle lift to change oil while leaving the kickstand down and dropped it on the right side.
upset.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

I took the 04 out for some air. Back roads I've never been on. Got lost. Got unlost. Meandered over to US 178 ...did some fun riding over there...did it again. Took the long way home, mild temps.I'm liking the new normal here in SC.
I envy you Mark! I have to find an inexpensive place to spend the winters down South somewhere.

Oh I forgot to add, I washed and plugged all the bikes into battery tenders for the remainder of the winter.

I also attempted to put the Ducati up on the motorcycle lift to change oil while leaving the kickstand down and dropped it on the right side. :upset: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ho Lee Cwap!

I'm crying with you. Does the Ducati hurt as much as I do?

Replaced a missing bolt in the front fender. So simple, even I managed to do it withou a trip to the Vocabulary Closet.

I like to give my business to my local independent motorcycle shop (shameless plug for SC Riders Supply), so I looked up the parts numbers for the bolt and nylon washer and took it to them to order. With PRC sales tax it came to about $7.50.

Just for amusement, I looked up the price online : about the same for the parts, but

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING!

A nice incentive to support your local wrench!

Replaced a missing bolt in the front fender. So simple, even I managed to do it withou a trip to the Vocabulary Closet.
I like to give my business to my local independent motorcycle shop (shameless plug for SC Riders Supply), so I looked up the parts numbers for the bolt and nylon washer and took it to them to order. With PRC sales tax it came to about $7.50.

Just for amusement, I looked up the price online : about the same for the parts, but

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING!

A nice incentive to support your local wrench!
Nice incentive indeed! Shipping cost is the reason I just add little things like these to orders for brake shoes or tires or whatever. I have a nice supply of windshield screws, plastic washers, plastic rivets, etc. Seems like I'm always losing something or other down in the bowels of the cowling.

I took the 04 out for some air. Back roads I've never been on. Got lost. Got unlost. Meandered over to US 178 ...did some fun riding over there...did it again. Took the long way home, mild temps.

I'm liking the new normal here in SC.

I also attempted to put the Ducati up on the motorcycle lift to change oil while leaving the kickstand down and dropped it on the right side.
upset.gif
cry.gif
:cry:
cry.gif
:cry:
Ho Lee Cwap!

I'm crying with you. Does the Ducati hurt as much as I do?
It hurts bad! Mirror, right faring, seat cowling, handle bar end cap are all dinged up. The 999 is just about 9 years old but she only has 3000 miles on it and was in show room condition. She is like a museum piece that I like to take out and ride like an like wild Italian whore.

How's your comprehensive coverage? This fall is a comprehensive claim, and paying the deductible would be a lot easier than footing the whole bill. It does not raise your rates to the extent of a collision...accidents happen.

How's your comprehensive coverage? This fall is a comprehensive claim, and paying the deductible would be a lot easier than footing the whole bill. It does not raise your rates to the extent of a collision...accidents happen.
Thanks for the Info. I have Progressive Insurance with a disappearing deductible that is at $0.00 deductible right now. I was not sure if it would be considered comp or collision and I have not called Progressive yet as I was a little scared since they just totaled my 2012 Tenere after the deer strike in September. I will have to give Progressive a call tomorrow and get my little Italian girl fixed up. I can't bear to look at her with a busted mirror and scuffed up paint. I did a quick check and the four pieces of body work sure add up and of course we have no Ducati dealer in North Dakota.

Well, Abercrombie, that sucks. Hope you get her fixed soon. If that had happened here, my wife would have yelled at me for teaching all the neighbors new cuss words!

Thanks for the Info. I have Progressive Insurance with a disappearing deductible that is at $0.00 deductible right now. I was not sure if it would be considered comp or collision and I have not called Progressive yet as I was a little scared since they just totaled my 2012 Tenere after the deer strike in September. I will have to give Progressive a call tomorrow and get my little Italian girl fixed up. I can't bear to look at her with a busted mirror and scuffed up paint. I did a quick check and the four pieces of body work sure add up and of course we have no Ducati dealer in North Dakota.
We have several duc dealers here in Ohio. Better just give me the bike Kevin...I'll take care of her.