What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the air pressure - was ok

Created and loaded up a route for tomorrow's ride in south-central Indiana with 2 other riders (1 with a '13 FJR, other has a GSXR600)

Looked at her longingly in the garage, waiting in anticipation to ride in the mid 40's - 50 degree temps.

Laid out my riding gear.

Can you tell I'm very eager to go out riding!?

10858421_10152950077744628_5361981096601131171_n.jpg

Took my 19yo daughter, just back from her first semester at college, on a nice little ride. She's a keeper as a pillion, did not protest at all as I ratcheted things up. First extended ride with her...nice inaugural two-up ride on the 13.

Sunny and mid to upper 60s is awfully comfy. Sorry about posting that, but after living in the Midwest for decades, I am just groovin this riding weather. Griff and 0Face, you ought to try it...

Took my 19yo daughter, just back from her first semester at college, on a nice little ride. She's a keeper as a pillion, did not protest at all as I ratcheted things up. First extended ride with her...nice inaugural two-up ride on the 13.Sunny and mid to upper 60s is awfully comfy. Sorry about posting that, but after living in the Midwest for decades, I am just groovin this riding weather. Griff and 0Face, you ought to try it...
Grad to hear that you were able to enjoy the day with your daughter Mark. Lucky bastard.
Took my 19yo daughter, just back from her first semester at college, on a nice little ride. She's a keeper as a pillion, did not protest at all as I ratcheted things up. First extended ride with her...nice inaugural two-up ride on the 13.Sunny and mid to upper 60s is awfully comfy. Sorry about posting that, but after living in the Midwest for decades, I am just groovin this riding weather. Griff and 0Face, you ought to try it...
Grad to hear that you were able to enjoy the day with your daughter Mark. Lucky bastard.

Good for you, Mark.

I rode mine today...not the area of nice curvy roads that we wanted since it was drizzling and would have had to slow down too much, but a different area that was still good. Temp right at 50 abd pretty comfy with just quilted jacket and pant liners installed.

. Griff and 0Face, you ought to try it...
Weather up here is still hangin in. No salt on the roads YET. Finally got 600 miles on Ginger and changed oil and final drive. 50 degrees tomorrow too, maybe more ridingin
punk.gif
But that snow and salt isn't too far away.
finger.gif

Friday night, installed the Rifle screen I bought on the Forum ages ago and never got around to putting on. Early days for a review but looks ok IMHO.

On Saturday, rode over to my pal LKLD where we pulled the pumpkins off both bikes to check the spline lube situation. Kinda relieved to see a minimal amount of lube there and no bad corrosion.

Slapped on some more Moly to both ends (not too much though), and Rob changed his diff oil.

Unfortunately the open bottle of lube got knocked over un noticed and lubed his garage floor somewhat, (bummer), but, still has a couple of changes worth left.

Did a TBS on mine (unauthorised version), and found slight adjustments needed after approx 9,500 miles. Dropped No. 2 take off cap into the bowels when trying to replace it, but luckily have some spares.

Ran out of time so didn't get around to Rob's. We'll get that done next time.

A good, rewarding day spent with a great buddy.

Scraped FROST off her seat last night around midnight before climbing on for 45 minutes! (Parked outside at the office.)

It was traumatic.

Scraped FROST off her seat last night around midnight before climbing on for 45 minutes! (Parked outside at the office.)
It was traumatic.
Pretty impressive cold for the northern suburbs of Hotlanta. Time to look into a heated seat? (If only they had AC seats.)

Took a worn out front tire off and put a half worn out tire on. I'll see if I can finish that one off this week.
Hey Phil, I've got a partially used T30 GT in the garage, if you'd like it, it's yours.
I think Phil is just practicing up to set the world speed record for changing tires. I got a couple of take offs that Phil could use to sharpen his skills over the winter
smile.png

It was traumatic.
Pretty impressive cold for the northern suburbs of Hotlanta. Time to look into a heated seat? (If only they had AC seats.)

You know, Professor, I'm (pig-headedly) opposed to heated gear on general principles. I mean, it's the Southland for heaven's sake. But the Big Money Rally may entice me into the frozen tundra of Kentucky and Virginia, so ........ I'm thinking about it. Use those grip heaters religiously below 50F.

Last edited by a moderator: