What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................I rode Jackie-O to work again. I changed gears about thirty times on the way. I'll get a better count of gear changes on the way home and keep y'all updated.
smile.png
Makes me wish I could ride...
Even if you could ride, it wouldn't matter with our current weather....embrace the Ice. this is what I did:

DSC_1621%20Resized.jpg

Actually, that pic was right before the tidal wave hit....I hope the dude is okay......

Moved the battery tender cable from the FJR to the VFR.

That been the only motorcycle action around here in months.

cry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Mah Baby is up on the blocks..... and Ze Veels are off - figured I'd tackle the Plasti-Dipping and pulled off the Chin Spoiler....

Got some grey spray from the store, but its a gun metal grey, too light - got a couple of cans of Charcoal (Dark Grey) and the Metallic, Anthracite Grey inbound, well see which one matches the best for coating it....

I'll post up pics after....

Used my nice new wheel balancer. Installed the front, but have to finish cleaning up the rear area a bit more before installing the rear wheel.

Oh, and I checked for head bearing play; measured front brake pads and disc thickness. All good.

Well, today, I rode her to work, forgot to count the gear changes....left work early to get some meds and didn't count the gear changes on the way home. I know, I know....I'll get it together sooner or later...But, on a sounder note....I did hit 80,000 miles on her.....she's been good to me.

Replaced the shock as it was leaking oil, a new gen 3 shock is what I ended up with. Roads are still a bit crusty to actually ride safely, maybe if we get a couple more days in the 40's I take a chance. I NEED my fix of a ride around the long block.

Washed it.

Took off the Yamaha touring windscreen, put on the original stock screen.

Started to enter the world of diagnostics - three options with my '14 "AS", but got diverted by "more important" tasks (at least, that's what She said).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cried like a little girl when I realized my new Stealth Vertice doesn't fit in the FJR side bags. Stupid big head!

MKC_1708.JPG

Installed an Eastern Beaver fuse box and went for a short ride. Still playing with the seat height. So far I like front high and back low but need a longer ride to be sure.

Cried like a little girl when I realized my new Stealth Vertice doesn't fit in the FJR side bags. Stupid big head!
MKC_1708.JPG
I figured it out. If you barely pop the chin bar, and then wiggle it in the box, it will snugly fit... whew!