What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still playing with the seat height. So far I like front high and back low but need a longer ride to be sure.
How does one adjust the rear seat height? Is this an undocumented feature?
unsure.png
Kind of what I was thinking.
I took it to mean "the front of the front seat high and the rear of the front seat low". Now I'm really
uhoh.gif

I took it to mean "the front of the front seat high and the rear of the front seat low". Now I'm really
uhoh.gif
That's how I took it, too. The slot for the front tab of the saddle can be adjusted High or Low; same for the back. I gots no choice...low/low.

Cried like a little girl when I realized my new Stealth Vertice doesn't fit in the FJR side bags. Stupid big head!
I figured it out. If you barely pop the chin bar, and then wiggle it in the box, it will snugly fit... whew!
I was going to suggest a side grinder or perhaps a hammer... Glad you got it. That must be a large helmet.

Still playing with the seat height. So far I like front high and back low but need a longer ride to be sure.
How does one adjust the rear seat height? Is this an undocumented feature?
unsure.png
I know you can do that with the ST1300 seat and it helps on that bike because the seat slopes forward so much. On the Honda it requires flexing the seat pan and forcing the seat to snap in. I never thought about it on the FJR. (In my most snobbish tone) I simply went with the full Custom Built option. Comfort has its price you know.

Pulled the plastics, including the front thanks to this thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/116788-gen-ii-plastic-and-cowling-removal/. Cleaned & lubed the wind shield guides- I had the squeak/shudder when lowering. Also removed the forks, disassembled and drained the oil. New goes in Tuesday. I still need to fix a broken tab by the right mirror mount, check the steering stem nut torque and check connectors/spiders. Then I can dive into the engine for the 2 yr/22k mile valve check/reshim, coolant & spark plug change and TBS.

Checked the air in the tires, adjusted properly, geared up and took off for about 2 hours of just messing around.

Basically was checking out the farkles and gear installed or bought in the winter.

New Boots, gloves, tankbag, highway pegs, windshield, mufflers, replaced bag, and a few other smaller items were put through the paces.

Went home, ungeared and then washed all the crap off the bike. Cleaned it up for Harrison at the end of the month.

Changed the oil/filter from Yamalube to Amsoil at 1000 miles. Installed Tech-Spec Tank Pads. Based on input both here and on ADVRider, I ordered a new Garmin Montana GPS and mounting cradles. I have all the RAM stuff already installed and ready for the Montana. I decided that audio will come from the phone and I don't need audio from the GPS. I also use a GPS for hiking so now have one unit for both. I decided that it really isn't a either/or decision between a phone and dedicated GPS. I can have both. The Montana will do well in the rain and when out of range. The phone is best for music vs. mp3 from GPS, for me.

Getting ready to ride to Jacksonville next week if the rain in the South isn't socked in too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I rode to work today....still forgot to see how many times I changed gears. Maybe tomorrow I will remember. But, I do have to push it out of the garage, close the garage door, get on the scoot, ride to the end of the driveway, get off, open the gate, ride her out, get off, close the gate and finally drive to work. It's busy, dude. Busy.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay, so I rode to work today. I've got a count, guys. I actually did it this time. Fifty two is the number to be counted. The number to be counted is fifty two. This is a low count as I hit every green on the way into town. It could easily be seventy. So, there you go. The cure for morning sickness is fifty two.

Since we don't know if you leave your bike in gear or if you leave it in neutral when it is parked, we are still left with questions. Also we don't know if you ever shift through 2 or 3 gears at once. I mean if you bring the bike to redline in 1st and then just shift it all the way to 5th without letting the clutch back out, does that count as one shift or four? We just don't have enough information to completely understand the situation. You must tell us more so that we can then tell you what you did wrong, how you did it wrong, why you did it wrong, and what you need to do in order to do it right.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay, so I rode to work today. I've got a count, guys. I actually did it this time. Fifty two is the number to be counted. The number to be counted is fifty two. This is a low count as I hit every green on the way into town. It could easily be seventy. So, there you go. The cure for morning sickness is fifty two.
Gained one point for the Python reference, but lost it for the general smart-assedness
tonguesmiley.gif

Got my first ride of the year in today, trying out the new Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Black Series. I have ridden behind others with Two Brothers and didn't think they were too loud but after 8 years of stock exhaust on my FJRs I wasn't quite ready for the difference. Nice tone and sound but the mind just wasn't comprehending the FJR with the slightly raunchy racket coming out the back end. I think I will grow to like them after I overcome the shock.

Got the first ride of '15. I was very pleased with the way the new Gen 3 shock worked. I tried an initial setting on 10 clicks out from lightly seated went out to a road that had given a constant rocking and the ride was almost perfectly smooth. 75 miles later with some minor tuning to the front (gold valve kit put in last year with springs) and all I can say is WOW.

Last edited by a moderator: