What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I put the charger on Jackie-O tonight after I picked up about ten bales of hay for the ponies. It was a burn day so I burned all the mistletoe that I cut down from the front tree and then I disconnected the charger from Jackie-O. She should have a good charge to start tomorrow when I go to work. Dang battery is at least seven years old. She needs help from time to time.

New project started.....

Peel off the factory tires - wheels off to paint..... then New PR4's going on....

IMG_20150224_102046_zpsr3w9uolu.jpg

No need for surprise...

Going with a blue similar to the FZ9

Just doing the outer lip leaving the spokes and center black

Right.. I don't trust the bike alone on the ATV Jack... Bike is a touch wiggly on it, but holds the weight no problem..

Was worried if I pulled a wheel it'd go south on me with the weight distribution change...

After a considerable amount of mental debate (concerning the pros/cons of various mounting options), finally decided to go with the Kappa kr346 rack to hold my Givi top case.

With absolutely no mental debate, got my wife set up with her own new helmet, jacket, pants, boots.

@pista - Where did you find any info at all on the Kappa rack?

Google only turns up a lot of pictures of what look to be a Givi SR rack. Is it just a direct clone or rebranding of the Givi?

If so, that would seem to be a great option, especially if it is cheaper than the Givi.

@pista - Where did you find any info at all on the Kappa rack?
Google only turns up a lot of pictures of what look to be a Givi SR rack. Is it just a direct clone or rebranding of the Givi?

If so, that would seem to be a great option, especially if it is cheaper than the Givi.
Fred, they are identical.

I found a seller on e-bay that had a brand new Kappa kr346 and Givi sr346 listed with the Givi being about $30 more.

He confirmed that the racks were the exact same part.

I asked if he would substitute the Monokey base for a Monolock one and he did so at no extra charge. That part (M5M) is also identical to the Givi base but has a Kappa logo in the circle detail on both sides instead of Givi.

The brand new rack/baseplate combo was $136 shipped to my door. Everything was still shrink wrapped and the hardware in the original sealed bags.

That baseplate is the reason it didn't make sense to buy one of the used Givi sr346 racks that have been for sale recently. I needed that M5M Monolock base which is around $60, effectively negating any savings by going used.

BTW, Kappa stuff is here : www.kappamoto.com

Even some of the pictures there show Givi branding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruising the internet to find more toys for the Feejer while she hibernates in the garage. It's been a long winter!

Dave

Yesterday completed lube of the relay arm and reassembled.

Drive shaft and universal on today's schedule, along with pulling the front wheel to accompany the rear for new rubber.

I enjoy wrenching on this bike more than any previous bike I've owned or worked on
moil.gif

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................I rode Jackie-O to work again. I changed gears about thirty times on the way. I'll get a better count of gear changes on the way home and keep y'all updated.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................I rode Jackie-O to work again. I changed gears about thirty times on the way. I'll get a better count of gear changes on the way home and keep y'all updated.
smile.png
Makes me wish I could ride...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ride in second gear...it saves from having to do the dreaded gear shift.

I just ride in second gear...it saves from having to do the dreaded gear shift.
These things have gears?
unsure.png