What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work. Tomorrow I'm going to be looking for some sweet jumps to take it off of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Lumberg posted: Rode it to work. Tomorrow I'm going to be looking for some sweet jumps to take it off of.
Rode mine to work, too. Let me know where and when tomorrow. YouTube video is guaranteed to go viral ...

I rode mine to work and then rode to Suches, Ga at TWO campground until Monday. Come on out for a ride if anyone is close. By the way, the pegs do touch the road up here.

Changed engine oil, filter and plug washer; changed shaft drive oil and both plug washers; changed spark plugs: changed air filter and checked a bunch of other stuff.

And took my time and enjoyed it.

Also conned George into a little/lot of help somewhere down the road. Conned is like "I need to do this". Georges answer is always the same, "We can do that anytime".

Nothing. George, what did you do to my FJR today?
Hopefully, it undid what Ray did to it.
...walked by it when I took my FJR for a ride this afternoon!

I'll spiff yours up next week before you get here!
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

I'm ashamed - I let the FJR sit in the garage while I read 19 riveting pages of

Upsizing Rear Tire to 190/55 (w/ pics)

Binged on NEPRT ... ugh
help.gif

Treated her to a little "dual-sport" time (She thinks she's a dirt bike).

This trail was about 15 miles through the Trail of Tears State Forest in southern Illinois. I was scouting for future camping spots. All together I spent about an hour on various fire roads and surprised some girls on horseback who didn't expect to find a 650 pound street bike out in the woods.
sleep.png

Then stumbled across a car show at a small town carnival. Here's a '48 Chevy...

And a great '70 Chevelle SS

It wouldn't be right if there weren't tractors!
no.gif

The funnel cakes were amazing but I ate them before getting a picture.
rolleyes.gif

Rode her to the farmers market early this morning. Had a sausage roll for breakfast, then took her home. Rode her again in the afternoon to the lake, where I swam for a while, then read a book. Rode her back home.

That's what I did to my lovely FJR today...

She's a keeper..

Me n' KrZy8 be in Oregon riding hard and watching the miles roll by. Oh, KrZy8 don't like rain. The CC auto turned on and set. Heehaw.

JSNS and https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Gee Adam, did you really have to post a pic of that '04 ST? I do not exactly miss my '04 ST but I still Love it. Foolish I know, but that was a fantastic motorcycle and it took me on every single dream ride I ever wished for as a child. Except for that dream ride where I took Cindy Crawford for a Pepsi...

Pop had an interesting issue with his '07 today and I cannot figure it out, nor can I understand what I did to correct it.

He said the bike died the other day when it hit the rev limiter HARD. (That makes no sense to either of us.)

It would not restart. He tried getting it to restart while it was rolling using the bike's momentum as the starter. He finally slid the back tire so badly that he almost went down. He had to pull over and it would not fire. He finally put it into Neutral and it fired instantly. This also made no sense. For several days now, the starter would not turn if the transmission was not in Neutral. The clutch had no effect on this. The kickstand switch would kill the engine if we shifted into gear with the stand down, as it should. Nothing we tried would engage the starter motor with the bike in gear.

I toggled the red kill switch, I checked the function of the sidestand switch, I unplugged the clutch lever switch, and I used a jumper wire across that plug. Nothing worked. I plugged the clutch switch back in and now everything is back to normal. Pop gave me credit for "fixing" it but I have no idea what I did or did not do to make it work. I hate that.

We diagnosed a leaking front tire using soapy water. We replaced the valve stem core in the Ariete right angle valve stem and fixed that little issue.

In other news I did add another light in his shop so that he can see the FJR better.

Gave the girl a good scrubbing and get years of grime off her. Found some other stuff that needs repair. The FJR is one hurting unit right now and needs some TLC. She will be up on the lift table for a while by the look of things.

Gave the girl a good scrubbing and get years of grime off her. Found some other stuff that needs repair. The FJR is one hurting unit right now and needs some TLC. She will be up on the lift table for a while by the look of things.
That's why you were so slow.

Time to trade,up Bill.