What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to work today. Doesn't sound so exiting but it's my first time back riding since fall of "14". When I stored her for the winter I never expected I would be going in for Brain surgery in March of "15" at which time I thought I'd be back on in a month. Missed all of "15" since I was recovering Then couldn't wait to get back this year when I found out I needed Prostate surgery which happed in April But I picked her up last week from my Brother in Law's where I keep her in the winter and this weekend I flushed the brake lines with some fresh juice, got her inspected and cleaned up and got to ride in today. Woo! Hoo! Pappy's back!

It was 95F yesterday, so I thought "What a great day for a ride!" I suited up and had a fantastic ride. The hot temps made the roads very hot, which in turn made my tires stick like glue. This bike is definitely a SPORT tourer. Loving my FJR.

Pulled the oil filter mounting stud/bushing off to bring to my lathe buddy. Turned about 2mm off the front face of the hex part to allow greater oil filter clearance. Hopefully this will let me use my favorite filters: PL14610 and Bosch 3300.

Took about 3 minutes for the rework. Nice to have friends with lathes.

Dropped her at a stoplight. I am a certifiable moron.

Realized a hip zipper wasn't closed on my riding suit. Decided to zip it up at a stoplight. I was second in line on Linden Avenue at Spring Street -- the entrance to northbound I-75/85 -- which is a rather steep downhill grade. I know better than to park facing downhill, but my mind wasn't thinking like that: I was stepping off quickly to zip up; I wasn't parking!

Bike rolls downhill, side stand folds up, and I -- already dismounted -- didn't realize quickly enough to keep her upright. She went down slowly on her left side. Guy in the car in front jumped out immediately, and helped lift. He was back in his car, and I was remounted and in gear when the light turned green.

Waves all around and plenty of "OK" hand signals, then I jetted into the HOV lane and set the cruise control to 70 mph. Off to GDOT in Gainesville to deliver a CD full of CADD files.

No damage. Mirror folded in like it should, and folded right back out. Left hardcase and mirror were already scuffed from previous moronic events, and I can't tell if any scratches are new. No damage to the moron, either.

<edited as per hppants>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped her at a stoplight. I am a certifiable moron.
Realized a hip zipper wasn't closed on my riding suit. Decided to zip it up at a stoplight. I was second in line on Linden Avenue at Spring Street -- the entrance to northbound I-75/85 -- which is a rather steep downhill grade. I know better than to park facing downhill, but my mind wasn't thinking like that: I was stepping off quickly to zip up; I wasn't parking!

Bike rolls downhill, side stand folds up, and I -- already dismounted -- didn't realize quickly enough to keep her upright. She went down slowly on her left side. Guy in the car in front jumped out immediately, and helped lift. He was back in his car, and I was remounted and in gear when the light turned green.

Waves all around and plenty of "OK" hand signals, then I jetted into the HOV lane and set the cruise control to 70 mph. Off to GDOT in Gainesville to deliver a CD full of CADD files.

No damage. Mirror folded in like it should, and folded right back out. Left hardcase and mirror were already scuffed from previous moronic events, and I can't tell if any scratches are new. No damage to the moron, either.
Aw man, sorry about that. I wish I could say that I've never done anything like that, but I dropped mine with my better half on back. Her head bounced off the curb. At least you can feel good about never having done that!

After changing the rear ABS sensor, and it's flange, (due to ABS issue abs-issue ), I have clean the bike,
dsc_0915.jpg

and put new fjr stickers on side case

dsc_0916.jpg

Picked up a set of Cortech HDX3 short cuff gloves from New Enough. It's just too hot for the gauntlets now.

With all color choices available in my size, of course I picked red....

I installed a new Givi 4L tanklock tank bag that I received as a birthday gift. Darn thing honks the horn at full left lock, due to Heli-Bar bridge. I may have to come up with something to move it slightly back. It's a neat little bag. Not real big but it seems like it will work nicely for stuff I'll want to access easily, instead of keeping it in the topcase.

Burns1