What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed MotoLights taken from my BMW on my FJR. Yesterday I installed a set on Theresa's bike. I did take a photo of my bike with the lights on but, after reading instructions on how to post photos, decided to have a beer instead.
omg2.gif

Decided to try "plain" Rotella 15W40 instead of the synthetic which has been used since I got the bike 150000 miles ago. The T6 price has gone up a LOT over the past couple of years.

Put new NGK CR8E plugs in. Realized it had been 40,000 miles since they were changed. The electrodes were well rounded and the gap was pretty wide. Dealer didn't have stock on rear brake pads (EBC HH) so I am going to have to wait until I'm back from a planned trip before changing them. I think I'll be OK with what's there.

WRT: Rotella Synth. Same boat here. I haven't bought synth in a couple of years. Just plain old Rotella T dino oil. Bikes still running, and 5L only costs $20 on sale at Crappy Tire. If I were to go out on a big trip (5000+ miles), I'd pop in some synth just for the extended interval.

I just found 1 gallon jugs of Rotella T dino for $14 at Home Depot of all places. Perfect size. Pour it all in and add a 1/4 quart more if you've changed the filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode to work today. Doesn't sound so exiting but it's my first time back riding since fall of "14". When I stored her for the winter I never expected I would be going in for Brain surgery in March of "15" at which time I thought I'd be back on in a month. Missed all of "15" since I was recovering Then couldn't wait to get back this year when I found out I needed Prostate surgery which happed in April But I picked her up last week from my Brother in Law's where I keep her in the winter and this weekend I flushed the brake lines with some fresh juice, got her inspected and cleaned up and got to ride in today. Woo! Hoo! Pappy's back!
thumbsup.gif

Dropped her at a stoplight.
If it makes you feel any better at all... I dropped my Feej (no-speed flop) while pulling a u-turn on a hill back in '09, and a girl helped me pick it up...but the girl was darned cute :D

I rode the Feej to work today. Nothing special, but I've been riding the S10 lately, and riding the Feej felt really good (even with a blown rear shock).

I rode the filthy thing to work. Following my brother-in-law in his Tundra at 4:00 a.m. doing 75 mph I assassinated a medium sized raccoon. Barely wiggled the bars.

After work, I and The Boy finished cutting the grass and I could not stand looking at the filthy FJR any longer. I washed it while The Boy sat and watched. He thinks I did not notice how he managed to always be on the opposite side while I was rinsing so that the cool over spray would hit him. I confess that I found myself wishing I could feel as happy as he looked.

Rode early this morning while it was in 70's, it was mid-80's by the time I got home.

I love to ride, but this heat..

I worked from home today...so I sat out in the garage, "working", with the Feej sitting 4.5' to the left of me.

...then, this evening, I let the wife sit on 'er... for the first time in 9 years (almost exactly) of owning her (the Feej -- the wife has owned me for 22 years). She (the wife) is wanting to learn how to ride, but dropped out of the MSF course after dropping the little 250cc Suzuki twice within 30 minutes. This evening was about getting a feel for seat height, and going over controls, T-CLOCS, being alert, riding your own ride...and just how much friggin' fun it is to be on two wheels.

Yes, I was worried about a no-speed tip over, but the kickstand never left the ground.

Wife on Feej action... I'd say it was a bit...arousing, but I like the Feej more than the wife, so...

haha.gif

Changed the oil in the engine and final drive and spark plugs. Blew out the air filter. Confirmed I have voltage to my dead Aux LED light...dammit. Filed the tabs on my aux fuel tank cap so I don't have to pry it off anymore. Cleaned the oily mess around the final drive weep hole and installed an oil control device (foam ear plug). I'll continue to postpone this repair until after NAFO. My homemade tools for this job are unproven, so I don't want to tempt fate by getting the stupid thing apart, but not back together. I'll change the front tire and rear brakes this weekend. That should have me in good shape for next week.

Changed the oil in the engine and final drive and spark plugs. Blew out the air filter. Confirmed I have voltage to my dead Aux LED light...dammit. Filed the tabs on my aux fuel tank cap so I don't have to pry it off anymore. Cleaned the oily mess around the final drive weep hole and installed an oil control device (foam ear plug). I'll continue to postpone this repair until after NAFO. My homemade tools for this job are unproven, so I don't want to tempt fate by getting the stupid thing apart, but not back together. I'll change the front tire and rear brakes this weekend. That should have me in good shape for next week.
:lol:

All I did was review my NAFO packing list for the eighth time, and rearrange all the stuff in my duffel and cases. Again. And pore over my new Butler Colorado map. Again.

New tires. 190 Bridgestone T30 GT Evo's.

I've never owned a motorcycle that I've ridden enough to necessitate a tire change. I had a 2011 FZ6R that I owned for 3 summers, and it was traded in with less than 6,000 miles on the clock. My FJR is on her third set of tires in 20 months. Factory tires were changed at 6,000 miles, replacement Michelins (Pilot Powers, not meant to be mounted on a sport tourer) were showing cords after 5,000 miles.

I love this ride.

Rode early this morning while it was in 70's, it was mid-80's by the time I got home.
I love to ride, but this heat..
Wimp.
smile.png

Was showing 98°F when I got home from yesterday's ride. At noon. And about 100% humidity in Alabama/Tennessee.

Call me a wimp too. I will park it in that kind of heat.

But I've also ridden through snow, and the lowest temp I've ridden in was 17F. I prefer 17 to 98.

Leaving early Tues for NAFO and was pressed for time so had the Yamaha dealer mount a new T30 GT I had waiting in my garage. $95, ouch!