What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too happy paying for these logos again at nearly $16.00 a piece.
Where are you getting them from? Most guys have been paying about $8 each.
My good old home town dealer who I have purchased several new bikes from in the last few years. My normal parts guy who usually helps me out with a pretty good discount was busy and I got shuffled over to a new guy. I seen prices for emblems in the $8.00 range but most wanted around $6.00 shipping so I didn't think and I ordered the emblems with out asking how much. I also got a price on a set of PR4s and a set of Dunlop D606. They normally come close to the price I can buy on line but not this time. When I told him his price on the four tires was $200.00 over what I could get elsewhere I just got a blank stare. So I said see you later and ordered from Dennis Kirk. I like to buy local and keep my Yamaha store strong but I can only take so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to wait as I've figured it out already. Here's a photo of the 1st Gen Saddlebag Logo.
Saddlebag%20Logo.jpg

As you can see, the logo measures 3" long and is 1/2" wide. I just measured the one on my '14 and it is exactly the same. Part number is shown above and the street price is about $8 a pop.

Boom!
I got my chevron from the Yamaha shop. It comes with adhesive on the back, but considering one of mine fell off within the first month of ownership, I want to go with something stronger. The chevron is rubbery, and surprisingly flexible (I assumed it was just a plastic badge like the old days). I have several adhesives, from two part epoxies to gorilla glue.

Any suggestions on a good adhesive to use for this application?

I got my chevron from the Yamaha shop. It comes with adhesive on the back, but considering one of mine fell off within the first month of ownership, I want to go with something stronger. The chevron is rubbery, and surprisingly flexible...Any suggestions on a good adhesive to use for this application?
3M Plastic and Emblem adhesive.

3M-08061-ADHESIVE.jpg

Put a new rear tire on for EOM.

Had a total fail trying to change the right front bulb. Right now, the old bulb is sitting in the front assembly giving me the finger from across the clear plastic cover.

If I can't retrieve it and get it out tomorrow after work, I may use the hammer tool.
This help? (You weren't the first one!)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/164247-bulb-fell-into-headlight/?hl=++headlight+++fell
Thanks Ross! I hope I have as much good luck as the guy in that thread.
biggrin.png

checked valve clearance. 2 hours of work on a gen1 + everything in spec (one intake valve on cylinder4 a little tight >0.15mm <<<0.20mm..but in spec)

I put new weather stripping in the lid of my new to me smuggler. It was wobbly as a one legged goat and I was kind of sad. Then I realized the upper strip was missing. Now it locks up nice and tight. Yay!!

Things I'm going to do today.

Chip off the RR5 bugs.

Change the oil a bit early because we ran hard for four days and 1690 miles.

Take a good look at the tires to see what kind of wear the Oregon chip seal put on them at 55 miles per hour.

Smile when I think of how much fun I had last weekend.

Things I'm going to do today.Chip off the RR5 bugs.

Change the oil a bit early because we ran hard for four days and 1690 miles.

Take a good look at the tires to see what kind of wear the Oregon chip seal put on them at 55 miles per hour.

Smile when I think of how much fun I had last weekend.
Hey Pieman, you should probably also check to see what kind of wear they got OVER 55 mph as well.

Counting down the hours until takeoff on some of the best area roads tomorrow on the way to Wytheville.

Also, gonna try to clean up the FJR a little bit. Still have a bit of tar from the BC paving crew in the construction zone between Pembroke and Whistler.

Rode it to work again...but after cutting the grass, when I get home, I'll be packing it up, for an early blast off, down to EOM, in the morning.
punk.gif