What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first go round with FJR body panels and fasteners. Was there something wrong with screws and such we used in the old days? Checked my air filter and discovered a dirty K&N. Cleaned and re oiled. Did the C-Dog airbox mod while I was in there, took about 15 min. Figured I'd try it since I have the full Holeshot system and a pcIII. Even though I don't have a complaint about heat, I went ahead and fabbed up a fuel tank shield out of double foil sided insulation. Turned out nice. Test ride: the C-dog mod didn't do much but may need to add some fuel to let the big dog eat. Anybody know a good tuner in the Seattle area? Hell, I don't even know what map I've got. Heat shield made a noticeable improvement, tank is cool to the touch after an hour in 80* temps. Bike runs at 2 bars. Installed Decibel killers in the Holeshot slipons, took 'em back out. It's only moderately loud if I'm hammering it. Had 'er for a little over a week and I'm lovin' it! Next up - suspension. Oh yeah, my Calsci screen and T-Rex sliders will be here in a couple days.
Skagit Power Sports in Burlington has a dyno and used to have a good operator. Gary is one of the owners and did a great job on mine.

Doh! :blink: The previous owner of my '01 FZ1 had it dyno'd there in '05. 130 rwhp btw :D Thanks for reminding me Ray!

Rode teh wife and I to breakfest, Then brought it home and put it over in the corner of the shop with a cover on it. Wont be able to ride it for the next 2 days. Need the truck tomorrow for hurricane supplies, and have overnight duty on the base tuesday so I will be driving the truck then too. Most people at work dont know I own a pickup..

Got my rambone in today and installed it so I can put my old ass GPS on. Of all the GPS related parts, I spent the most on the rambone, and that includes the GPS and the touratech mount!

DSCN0209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally earned the dragon decals that came on my bike.

Also did another 150 miles thru the twisties with a lovely couple from Iowa.

I've met a lot of great folks and rode a lot of great roads. The rains approach from the south and I must head home.

Rode it home, mostly slab in the rain. The wet crap started just after blood mountain. I had 150 miles of wetness, gear stayed dry. I was dry except for face and hands.

All in all a good ride. A couple hours on the FJR in the rain beats a day at work!

Sunday, took two nieces and a nephew for their first rides on the bike.

Yesterday, let a friend who owned FJ11, FJ12 and Gen 1 FJR ride the bike to see what he thought about the car tire. He detested it :lol:

Last night, I received and mounted up the Calsci windscreen. Definitely seems to be less turbulence in most spots than the CB +2+4, but I want to ride it more.

I just received my Calsci screen today, haven't had time to mount it up yet. T-Rex sliders on the way.

Today I ordered AK-20 cartridges and spring kit along with a Penske 8983 shock from Traxxion Dynamics :yahoo: . Lee is a great guy to deal with. This is a great bike, it deserves great suspension. The change in my G1 FZ1 with rebuilt/revalved shock, forks and springs was amazing. Can't wait to see the difference the full meal deal does for the Big Boy!

I gave my daughter a ride to her first day of 4th grade.

526234_10151005904820946_1030805841_n.jpg
Good for you...plant the seed early. :drinks:

Me...installed new grips and made some adjustments to the bar end weights....adjusted the VistaCruise....and cursed Yamaha for not making the sidecase lid a separate part. Replacing the whole sidecase because of a cracked lid is out of the question.

Bastages....

Rainy day here. I poured 1/2 the concrete slab in front of my shed to make it easier to get the bike out. Now I HAVE to pour the rest so I CAN get it out ;)

Officially left the Darkside.

Brand new set of Michelin PR3's. I'm a little irritated about the 1.75 oz of weight needed to balance them! (both F and R). Swapped brake pads (L-R) while I was in there.

Brand new set of Michelin PR3's. I'm a little irritated about the 1.75 oz of weight needed to balance them! (both F and R). Swapped brake pads (L-R) while I was in there.
Tell us tomorrow how much you love your new bike's handling. :p
By comparison, it feels like I am riding on a tightrope - in a good way! I almost forgot how neutral the steering is on this beast. Give it a hint and it goes where you want. I didn't hate the CT but it really feels good to be back after 25,000+ miles. Might go back there but only if I was planning an extended trip that involved a lot of slab riding.

Ross

Tell us tomorrow how much you love your new bike's handling. :p
By comparison, it feels like I am riding on a tightrope - in a good way! I almost forgot how neutral the steering is on this beast. Give it a hint and it goes where you want. I didn't hate the CT but it really feels good to be back after 25,000+ miles. Might go back there but only if I was planning an extended trip that involved a lot of slab riding.

Ross
CT's. You been there, bought the t-shirt, enjoy the PR3's.

I gave my daughter a ride to her first day of 4th grade.

526234_10151005904820946_1030805841_n.jpg
Pat, That's so cool, way better than a yellow bus.. :lol:

IMG_3624.JPG

I installed my MV Motorrad risers from Germany, I like the adjustability of the bar angle. :yahoo:

Well It's what I am doing for my FJR since I am not done yet. Here are some pic's. to sink your teeth into. Once and a while I have to take time to do some of my own projects.

Made one of these for each side, See if you can guess

Another part of the project. Sorry for the poor lighting conditions.

If all goes well I hope to have this buttoned up this weekend. Now to start on the next part that I need.

Dave