What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, it's Laurent cochet ! An excellent motorcycle journalist. during this test, his cameraman asked him to turn a little earlier forgetting that it was a fjr ... and not a small roadster ... fortunately he just broke his wrist in this fall ...

The place of the accident is the port of saint martin, on the island of ré.

What did you do to your FJR today?

Pissed it off since I took the XR to work today.
grrr.gif

Dave

Rode it to work in a light rain. Day 459 consecutive ride.

Only work 4 hours tomorrow then head west for the Spearfish meet!

Lol, it's Laurent cochet ! An excellent motorcycle journalist. during this test, his cameraman asked him to turn a little earlier forgetting that it was a fjr ... and not a small roadster ... fortunately he just broke his wrist in this fall ...The place of the accident is the port of saint martin, on the island of ré.
I've watched that several times, and tonight was the first time that I noticed the saddlebag being knocked off, the rider going into the boat and the bike hitting the dock. Amazing.

Took my rear brake pivot apart. Cleaned it up real good with WD40 and then lubed it with lithium grease. When pushing the brake pedal, it sounded like there was sand on the pivot. So nice and smooth after the clean and lube. Yay me! :)

During surgery recovery couldn't ride so...

Install Fenda extenda, dual PIAA horns, powerlet plug,

Yamaha large windshield. Removed radiator grill and used black RTV adhesive to attach some black window screen to keep the bugs out.

Well , I was supposed to swap out tires yesterday but it never happened. I did get the new tires on the truck. I have another story to go with that but not here.

I did ride it to work today with completely bald tires. It handles like my truck.

Dave

Change brake and clutch fluid. '14 FJR with 32,000 miles.

It appears the brake fluid was changed by a former owner since it was a medium to dark amber. Used alligator clip method to trigger abs. The clutch fluid was never changed since it was blacker than I have ever seen in any brake or clutch fluid before. So black, you could not see the bottom of reservoir.

Well that sucks Joe, are you lost? LOL

Dave

New tires were installed yesterday and a short ride afterwards. Got back and had a couple of beers to celebrate.

Dave

Instead of riding to work...I've been riding around South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana, for the past few day.
And yet you couldn't make it to Nakusp?? Did they stop you at the border, Joe?

I rode mine to Costco. Split lanes the whole way, past 7 or 8 hundred cages, which is at least as fun as riding The Dragon a couple times.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last weekend: Rode it 500 miles to see Mom in the hospital. She's OK, and quite pleased with being the oldest patient (89) receiving an appendectomy at McLeod Regional Hospital..

Rode to work on the new tires. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better! No more fighting the handlebars.

8,700 miles out of the stock tires. New rear Avon Spirit. No weights added. New front Avon Spirit took 20 oz's to balance. I was lazy this time. I didn't bother letting the air out and spinning the tire around to see if it would make a difference.

Dave