What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gapiob posted: Fz-7? Is it the mt07 in other country? Or another bike. 8 find mt07 realy funny to ride, and realy adapted to ride in city. With its nice torque, and it's weigh really light
I think they're the same motorcycle: https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-yamaha-mt-07-is-an-fz-07-with-euro-name-and-few-other-updates

And YES! It's a really fun bike to ride until you get on the Autoroute where the wind from other vehicles push it around.

... and here's a tip on the English language, thanks to Google translate parce que je ne peux pas parler français.

The MT-07 is fun to ride. = Le MT-07 est passionnant à piloter. Fun = smiles and feeling good; exciting but not dangerous; "I want to do that again!"

The MT-07 is funny to ride. = Le MT-07 est marrant à piloter. Funny = to laugh at a joke; to laugh at a clown; to laugh at Gad Elmaleh; or to laugh at Uncle Hud as he tries to speak French.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it to work again (like I do everyday unless there's snow on the ground). But checking the countdown timer on my phone, I see that I will only have to do this 71 more times before I retire.
icon_e_smile.gif

The fine print:
I'll officially retire the end of February 2019, but won't actually work a single day in 2019 thanks to vacation and paid holidays being used up.
I normally work four 10hr days each week and have lots of vacation, holidays and sick leave that reduce my work days for the remainder of 2018.
I suffer immensely with this stressful schedule.
icon_lol.gif

Moved my FJR forward in the garage to make room for my DR650!

PSxSEqr.jpg

Farkling on the DR is is full swing! It came pre-farkled so it doesn't need much. Mount the GPS and a Wolfman tankbag on order. It has TKC-70's on it. I am thinking of getting some TKC-80's to improve road manners.

Moved my FJR forward in the garage to make room for my DR650!
PSxSEqr.jpg

Farkling on the DR is is full swing! It came pre-farkled so it doesn't need much. Mount the GPS and a Wolfman tankbag on order. It has TKC-70's on it. I am thinking of getting some TKC-80's to improve road manners.
purposeful looking skooter

Rode over Carson Pass, CA (hwy 88) and Ebbetts Pass, CA (Hwy 4) today. Hwy 4 had several one lane road on west side. Smokey on west side of both passes due to wildfires further south. Just off Hwy 88 on west side was cat creek road. Couple miles down it, big brown bear crossed in front of me.

Went to swap out windscreens and snapped off 2 nylon bolt heads…
weirdsmiley.gif

Went to Lowes, came home and converted the windscreen bolts:

Button Hd Cap Screw Metric M5-.80x20

3/16x1/2x1/16 Rubber Washers

Fender Washers Metric M5x15

I know, I know …safety, but I figure that before I hit the windscreen, I will have embedded my GPS mounts 8" into my kidneys.

… besides that, I would have beaten my head against the concrete garage wall and been dead before I had a chance for any collision.

Replaced the throttle cables. What a hoot! Definitely not for the faint of heart or those easily frustrated.
Broken, frayed or "just because"?
Ever-so-slight fray in the front one, 2 strands (or so) broken. Found it last weekend when applying a little lube. Maybe a little lube more than once every 5 yrs or so would have helped eh.

The Gray Ghost and I went for a little "Back Therapy" ride this morning. I-90 to Sturgis then an unimpeded jaunt down Vanocker Canyon to Nemo, continued on the Nemo Road to Rapid City for the Sunday BMW group Coffee Klatch. Funny group, there were four of us on this clear, cool, cloud free morning, I rode the Ghost, Bob on his Triumph Truxtun and the other two in pickup trucks. Go figure? A quick ride home to catch the last few holes Of the "Open Championship" . Back does feel better.

Replaced the throttle cables. What a hoot! Definitely not for the faint of heart or those easily frustrated.
Broken, frayed or "just because"?
Ever-so-slight fray in the front one, 2 strands (or so) broken. Found it last weekend when applying a little lube. Maybe a little lube more than once every 5 yrs or so would have helped eh.
I had a clutch cable in a Yamaha Roadstar that went from a couple frayed strands to snapped in about three days! Good that you fixed it.

I made a bracket to move my windshield about 1" up and 1" away from the fairing. I may be imagining it, but I think this reduces some mild buffeting I was experiencing at highway speeds. More testing required this weekend in the White Mountains of NH and western Maine.

I pissed off all the hornets that were hanging from my eve off the dryer vent next to the garage door. I let the nest get to big out of curiousity. Now we are battling over turf. It looks like I will eventually win.

And yes I did ride my FJR to work today.

Dave

08FJR4ME posted: I let the nest get to big out of curiousity. Now we are battling over turf. It looks like I will eventually win.Dave
As you spray them down with Raid, make sure to shout, "This is why we're the dominant species!"

Good luck, brother; hornet stings are really painful -- and is their way of shouting back, "Take that you murderer!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rode it over 120 miles (for work) in a torrential downpour, stopping at every SB ramp meter on I-75 from the Perimeter to Hudson Bridge. All in ventilated summer gear. Got as wet as if I'd jumped in a lake.

But Hud, it's only about 30 miles from the Perimeter to Hudson Bridge/

Yeah, well I had to loop it three times, and had miles to/from the house. Wore hiking boots, as moto-boots are not good for traipsing through weeds, brush and muck on the side of the freeway. Boots were still soaked when I put them on this morning to do the NB ramp meters -- in the rain, again.

Well yesterday I rode it to the Ducati shop.

For parts.

Okay, they were cosmetic parts, but that's funny right there.