What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work, day 527 consecutive now. Ordered new Michelin PR2s last night to mount just before I leave for EOM.

Mounted up the rear PR4 last night. Took way less weight to balance than the front (13gr vs. 35 for the front).

Also pinned the lower side case mounting flanges to the stays. Just in case.

Vehicles into the mechanic this week , so against my normal sane judgement, letting the teenager use/borrow my Silverado. Up-side is that beautiful August/September weather in Maine dictates the FJR gets solid use for the next few weeks. Boss can't say anything about that! (fits "reliable transportation"!) May have a high percentage of nights getting home late.

Baby got new shoes!

I put the set of Roadsmart 3s on for my September odyssey. Figure they'll be worn out when I get back from Bridgeport, Reuben Run and EOM. Then the PR4s will go on.

Post install scrub in ride:

Spearfish Canyon, O'Neal Pass, Deadwood, Boulder Canyon, Sturgis, I-90 home. Scrub in complete, balance good.

Dun got mah hip replaced on 7/26/18, 'n haven't ridden since. This is the longest I've gone without ride'in since the cops took my license back in '80. I B jones'in fer ride!

giphy.gif

Rode it to work. Tonight I will drop it off for its summer camp.

At camp it will learn to become more nimble and how to act with new shoes and a suspension upgrade (AK20s and penske). I can't wait to pick up the bike afterwards. I am sure she will be a whole new animal!!!!

I wanted to make sure she would be in tip top condition for EOM.

Rode it to work, rode it for work, and will ride it home. Still warm around here, but the saddle time was fun anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
mounted up a set of Road 5's....of the many tars I've put on, the rear was the hardest one I've ever done....reminded me of when I mistakenly bought medium Trojans for myself...I actually looked at the sticker halfway thru to see if they sent a 16 incher.. nice looking, quick handling...circumference is 80"...tallest 190/55 I've had-the PR2 is 79"....190/50 PR2 is 76.5 inches..

Used the FJR to kill a buzzard. Actually, I used my helmet, failed to duck enough when slow rising buzzard veered into my path at last minute (of it’s life). Every cervical vertebrae (mine) crackled at impact, worse than a visit to a chiropractor. Looking in my mirror, bird was laid out on it’s back in middle of the road. Best things were no bird poop on top case or me, and not dropping the bike. Time for cervical traction now.

Used the FJR to kill a buzzard. Actually, I used my helmet, failed to duck enough when slow rising buzzard veered into my path at last minute (of it’s life). Every cervical vertebrae (mine) crackled at impact, worse than a visit to a chiropractor. Looking in my mirror, bird was laid out on it’s back in middle of the road. Best things were no bird poop on top case or me, and not dropping the bike. Time for cervical traction now.
Glad you're ok. You get used to the traction after a while. I've been doing it every day for over 20 years.