What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was married 2x. When it was good, It was real good. I don't really regret it...I just wish my taste in women had been better :eek:

Poor Odot. You wanna come to Albuquerque? You can stay in my garage. I have some work you can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could get more than 13,000 miles out of a damn motorcycle tire.
sad.gif
Replaced the rear PR2 on my FJR that had 16,996 miles on it! Probably achieved due to superior Gen II FJR technology.
tongue.gif
I wasn't down to cord yet, but well past the wear bars. Because of constant riding in the rain, I decided it would be prudent to have a tire that could actually sipe water away from the contact patch.
wink.gif

Let's see how long the Conti Motion tire lasts.......
Please post your experience with them, I have heard good things....and the price is nice
I've had a Conti Motion on the front for about 2000 miles now. Feels great on the road and so far it's wearing evenly and looks like it will last longer than the OEM it replaced. Price was great. I don't tend to scrape hard parts...more touring/commuting and it works great for me.

I hid my keys to my fjr so the wife wouldn't be able to hide them and hold me hostage.......

Changed oil/filter, gas treatment, 80 mile ride. Garaged but not done for the winter!
Well, that didn't last very long. Put it back on the highway this weekend. The wether around here hit mid 60's. So I clean it up, waxed it, covered it, put it on the charger. Ready for winter............. Ha! NOT!

This...

headerdamage2.jpg

Ran over something in the road on the way home from work tonight about a mile from my exit. It was dark, foggy and raining a bit, so I never really saw what it was and I wasn't about to stop on that particular stretch of the interstate to find out, that would have been suicide. It's mighty loud this way. I guess I'll start my winter maintenance a little early and start pulling it apart tomorrow. I'm assuming a good welder can put a patch over it.

I took my new-to-me fjr out for a twisty road shake down. I'm coming off a 1996 R1100RT.

I was very please with the handling on the narrow and twisting road that skirts parts of Zion NP. The RT would handle quite well, but it took more conscious effort to position my body for turns. The fjr's riding position is such that turns were automatic and effortless. Of course the power out was no comparison, just open it up and you are gone.

Even with the more forward body lean, I was comfortable, no back or wrist issues. I owe that to lots of miles weekly on my bicycles, and riding my Ducati.

The next big test is to see how I feel after a 600-1000 mile day.

This...

headerdamage2.jpg

Ran over something in the road on the way home from work tonight about a mile from my exit. It was dark, foggy and raining a bit, so I never really saw what it was and I wasn't about to stop on that particular stretch of the interstate to find out, that would have been suicide. It's mighty loud this way. I guess I'll start my winter maintenance a little early and start pulling it apart tomorrow. I'm assuming a good welder can put a patch over it.
Ouch!!!

Odot would just wrap it with duct tape and a bit of seal skin and never worry about it.

Yeah a decent hand with a welder could probably patch ya up. lucky a tire didnt eat that as I bet the air would have danced out of it at quite the rapid pace.

Damn Phil, that sucks!
Yeah a decent hand with a welder could probably patch ya up. lucky a tire didnt eat that as I bet the air would have danced out of it at quite the rapid pace.
Yep, it could have been a lot worse. I expected to have two bent wheels and some plastic damage, but all I could find was the header damage and a scrape on the bottom of the rear shock linkage.

This...

headerdamage2.jpg

Ouch!!!

Odot would just wrap it with duct tape and a bit of seal skin and never worry about it.

Not even.....I wouldn't waste any seal skin on a motorcycle....that'd be stupid. Now beaver tail.....that's a different story. However, in this case I would personally use walrus gut followed by a layer of asbestos wrap. Eskimo style, baby.

Well, since the WX in WA is all but helping me to ride, and if that doesn't succeed, my job does cross my plans. Well at least there's the night of any given day and a garage, so lets go for sum farkeling.......

Here ya have it:

8267672146_9cfed9e837.jpg

What have I done so far?

Installed me Pazzo levers, Warchild's hand guards packet, so my knuckles will stay warm, if I ever get to ride, a new CeeBailey OEM shape windscreen (Want ot buy a good CB with flip in good nick?), new light bulbs, the fancy Osram blue what not ones and the ZX1 mirror farkel (Don't ask me, how many times I used fowl language when both nuts on left hand side attempted to vanish in my fairing, well now I know how to disassemble half my bike
omg2.gif
) ...... My wife calls my FeeJay now an fire ant
tonguesmiley.gif

Next in line, AUX lights, fuse block, voltmeter and power in to my smuggler.

Later

V

RPK

Well, since the WX in WA is all but helping me to ride, and if that doesn't succeed, my job does cross my plans. Well at least there's the night of any given day and a garage, so lets go for sum farkeling.......

Here ya have it:

8267672146_9cfed9e837.jpg

What have I done so far?

Installed me Pazzo levers, Warchild's hand guards packet, so my knuckles will stay warm, if I ever get to ride, a new CeeBailey OEM shape windscreen (Want ot buy a good CB with flip in good nick?), new light bulbs, the fancy Osram blue what not ones and the ZX1 mirror farkel (Don't ask me, how many times I used fowl language when both nuts on left hand side attempted to vanish in my fairing, well now I know how to disassemble half my bike
omg2.gif
) ...... My wife calls my FeeJay now an fire ant
tonguesmiley.gif

Next in line, AUX lights, fuse block, voltmeter and power in to my smuggler.

Later

V

RPK
Unless you got one of those wimpy french model 07 FJR's, I can tell you that it won't melt if you ride in the rain!
winksmiley02.gif

We have had some harder rain around here lately, but those handguard do help keep some rain off your gloves. And the guards, in conjunction with heated grips, really help to keep hands warm. Even with my Raynaud affected hands, I can ride with regular winter gloves until temps drop below 40. From 39 to down into the teens requires the heated gloves though.

Hope to meet you one day so we can compare the beauty of our Black Cherry FJR's. I'm only up the road from you near Sumner.