What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flushed the brake system and added new fluid yesterday. Cleaned and polished the beast after a couple of months of crud buildup. No It isn't getting put away yet or maybe at all weather permitting.

Dave

Spent 2 hours using a plastic cable tie with a hole in the end re-winding and reattaching the middle throttle return spring after fitting a G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube. All is well in the World once again.

Gave it a pat as I walked passed to the car and took a road trip Here

What you can find in the corn fields of Iowa.

2012-11-24_14-59-04_9.jpg

2012-11-24_14-59-27_83.jpg

My RDL stuff is ready also, box is labeled and by the door, usps notified to pickup, and email order ready to hit the send button.

It may be wishful thinking, but I have a 4 day weekend coming up New Years. I'd love to take a few days ride on the new bum holder.

Wish I could get more than 13,000 miles out of a damn motorcycle tire. :(
Replaced the rear PR2 on my FJR that had 16,996 miles on it! Probably achieved due to superior Gen II FJR technology. :p I wasn't down to cord yet, but well past the wear bars. Because of constant riding in the rain, I decided it would be prudent to have a tire that could actually sipe water away from the contact patch. ;)

Let's see how long the Conti Motion tire lasts.......

Did a 450+ mile ride thru Little Switzerland, Boone and then up to Roanoke...jumping on & off the Blue Ridge Parkway at various times. I did about 150 miles on the Parkway in Va with minimal traffic and not a park ranger to be found. First time ever I was able to ride the parkway at a good clip. On the way home tonight I saw the air temp gauge get down to 32!!
Awwwww familiar roads/rides...

Replaced the rear PR2 on my FJR that had 16,996 miles on it! Probably achieved due to superior Gen II FJR technology. :p I wasn't down to cord yet, but well past the wear bars. Because of constant riding in the rain, I decided it would be prudent to have a tire that could actually sipe water away from the contact patch. ;)

About half as long as the PR2s, but will bring more smiles.

Please post your experience with them, I have heard good things....and the price is nice

Rode home in the snow after leaving work. :cold: It's amazing how much road those dam plow trucks take up going around a sharp curve.

SHEEEEEZ :eek:

Rode to work today temp 37 degrees. Gerbing liner and gloves, RDL heated seat, can you say comfy... AWWWW

Last but not least my new to me Rifle screen... Serious wind blocker.....

Last edited by a moderator:
rode to work, 41f when i left I need just a bit more modification to the hand guards...

New (to me) ce bailey flip +4 waiting for me at home, swapped my v stream out with it and took a short interstate ride. I may have that quiet spot I have been looking for...

I loaded jackie-O up with a farrier toolbox I built up and a "footstool" I designed for the job and went to the ponies pasture area and helped the farrier trim some hooves on the S.O.'s ponies. Then I swapped out vehicles and picked up some hay, alfalfa cubes and medium cut wood chippings for the ponies. I fed them, came home and then argued with the wife about how I need "understanding and comfort" training.......

don't ever get married............

Dumbest thing I ever did..........I hate life.

someone just fucking shoot me.
How much do you hate it?

Told the missus if I won the Powerball, I'd give her 549 of the 550 million if I won, and then I'd say "bye bye!"

She's not speaking right now, but that's nothin' new around here.

Well, all the wife does is speak....and I am the bad person. Now I love going to work riding the feej for the away time. I also love carrying tools to work after work.....that's fun. Now, how do I deal with the wife......