What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a Techmount, GPS wiring to go directly to the battery and a GPS mount to screw to the Techmount. No more tank bag unless I am really short on room. I decided to wire the GPS directly to the battery seeing that I was burning fuses for the 12V in the glove box.

After the Christmas spending is paid off, I will order a Givi E55 to replace my cracked rear Yamaha case (Yamaha should be on the hook to replace it
angry01.gif
).

A little late posting ( crazy busy as usual) but Saturday went to the dealer to have the controller for my heated grips replaced. A few weeks back noticed they were not working. Tried the easy checks fuses etc. but NG so called the dealer and brought her in. He said it was the controller, he ordered one (covered under YES). Called on Friday he said it was in so in we went on Saturday he swapped out the controller only to find an open circuit from the right grip. Apparently my Vista Cruise damaged the wiring in the right grip. :-( Now pondering the solution, attempt repair of the grip,replace the grip,heated gloves, ride with cold hands or winter storage time. :-( (still got no smileys)

Rode to work today. It was about 43F when I left the house. Will probably ride her back home after work......like I have a choice.

You ride to work a lot dude!! Hardcore!

If I had a job I would do the same, but right now I only go to the welfare office once a month.

but then you take the beater, right?​

I wouldn't want to give away my status as a goldwing owner.​

He's a silly twit today that Odie... First it's all the way to the right of the page, an he's got another that's too fukin small for me to read.

Oh I walked by mine today ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode to work this morning. Had a few smokes sitting on her before work. Will probably ride her back home after work.

I ordered the Canyon Cage for the FJR front and rear, just got in on the group buy, BTW extended till tomorrow, you need to call in to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't ride to work. It was cold and I am a wuss.

My RDL front seat from the group buy came in tonite, I managed a 30 minute ride before dark.

I like to eat deer meat, not wear it.

[quote name=mcatrophy" post="1023283" time="1355342721"]Made my FJR ugly by moving its "wings" to the outer position. Why? Because I did a 230 mile round trip in temperatures ranging between +2C and -2C (that's between 35 and 28 for you Fahrenheit aficionados. Why? To return a handbag inadvertently left behind by Sister-In-Law Sunday. Any excuse for a run.

This kind of stuff is why you're one of my Heroes MC. I do shit like that on a regular basis too. Any excuse for a ride!!!
smile.png