What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the 600 mile service yesterday. Noticed that the oil filter on the new '13 feej is shorter than previous FJR OEM oil filters. I installed the longer one, I still had.... Did anybody else notice this?

Bought a 12 volt push button switch so I can turn power off to the GPS and Clearwater Voltage Sentry.

Also put the new tabs on the licence plate. Last year I didn't do that until August despite riding to to 10 Western States and Canada twice and never got pulled over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode it to work today 31 degrees and some icy spots but sunny.
Is that you in you're Avatar?
Yea, but under all that ice
cold.gif
I have heated grips and jacket.
smile.png

It was a beautiful day in my part of Ontario today (58 and sunny), so I took the FJR out for a 187 mile ride.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
After that, I finally washed off most of the sand, salt, and dirt. I'm not putting the bike up for winter this year, so hopefully I'll get another ride in, in February, before the riding season starts again in March.

Today I rode the bitch. Spent the 1st half of the day buzzing around the mountians in the rain. Mid afternoon found me at the dragon, where I scrubbed pegs for the 1st time. When I looked to see what the clatter was the ground was so close to my face I could have scrubbed my nose too. Russel makes a great saddle! Areostich makes a great suit!

Valve checkPair plates

Spark Plugs

Installed Road Runner’s Spider Beater Setup

Changed Antifreeze

Installed Speed Bleeders

Flushed Brake and Clutch Fluids

Removed Fairing Nose, Cleaned and Greased Windshield Rails

Remove Penske Shock (Seals Blown –GP Next Stop)

Changed Air Filter

Thanked Panman & escapefjrtist For Spending Their Day Off Helping Me (Or Maybe Me Helping Them)

Did I Miss Anything Guys?

Thanked My Phone A Friend, ahchiu, For Helping Me Get That Dang Fairing Nose Off

The Combined Knowledge Of the Forum And My Friends Is An Amazing Thing
fan_1.gif
Installed rebuilt forks, shock and exhast pipe

Installed Cee Bailey +4 +2 to replace shield that the rock went through

Put it all back together - twice - don't ask - thanks again to my phone a friend card!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disconnected windshield auto retract, installed Cee Bailey +4 +2, drained coolant, removed PAIR and installed Wynpro blockoffs. While I had the coolant pipe out cleaned up corrosion and painted with zinc rich paint. Relocated PCIII to make room for Fuzeblock. Changed spark plugs. Next up, rewire grip heaters, get the PR3's mounted, 83* valve stems, install bag and trunk reflectors, bleed brakes and clutch.

Rode 50 miles in 21-30 degree temperatures. For ****'s sake! That is freaking COLD! That ain't supposed to happen around these parts!

Skated out to the garage gave it a pat while looking for the other bag of ice melt.

Freezing rain overnight....................but the trees shore look prudy.