What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got pics of the canyon cage install Marcus?
--G
I got a late start, watched the Seahawk's game and it was dark when I finished, I will post tomorrow.

I had to do a little grinding of the corners for clearance on the lower right side to clear casing bolts, and the left side for clearance for the shifter rod, I have an R-1 shifter arm which is shorter than the stock arm and it hits the lower left mounting bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode her to work again today. Was aboot 28 degrees. Wore a neck warmer. It was nice. Sat on her outside of work and had a couple smokes before I clocked in.

Nothing, I was going to start laying out the wiring for a pair of Hella FF500's but by the time I finished taking my cat for his daily walk on his favorite path I realized that it was colder than I thought. The attraction of working in my unheated garage disappeared.

Nothing, I was going to start laying out the wiring for a pair of Hella FF500's but by the time I finished taking my cat for his daily walk on his favorite path I realized that it was colder than I thought. The attraction of working in my unheated garage disappeared.
Go buy a 500 or 1000 watt halogen tripod lights. Besides lighting the entire work area one lamp on will keep you warm as well. With two lamps on you will think you are in the tropics.

Changed oil and rear end dope. Washed off 3 days of rainy riding goop, noticed an oily film from the left fork. time to start planning that fork upgrade / rebuild.

Rode mine to work today. Had a detour coming home the long way with a kid at work on his new crotch rocket. He was showing me a "twisty". By Mid Ga. standards it wasn't bad. Luckily, this old man on the big touring bike didn't slow him down any ;)

Changed oil and filter, changed coolant, ordered ram ball for the threaded hole near the clutch lever, ordered 18 pin bare wire power cable for my Garmin 750 so I can just wire the GPS into the Fuze Block and not have to mess with cigarette lighter sockets any more.

Took a whiz in the fuel tank.. Too cold to go outside and too drunk to go in the house..
I heard those hippos will run on darn near anything.
smile.png

Today I avoided whiz'n in my tank but did manage to pour in a 1/2 can of Sea Foam. Targeting a ride for Saturday.

Hippos don't run worth a poop on water/fuel mix.... I thought I'd flushed the tank real good but after firing her up after complete carb/s overhaul/ rebuild she's not happy..

Popped the fuel line and cycled the pump... Oh for fuks sakes!!! an ounce of water in a 2 ounce sample. I'm just going to siphon off the tank and pump out the rest via the petcock and aux pump..

Way too much headache pulling the tank again.

Note to self. Never ever attempt critical repairs while sober. It gives you no way out when they fail.

Now Howie... I've been married longer than most/some? here have been outa diapers.

I know enough too wait for her to fall asleep after the mailman leaves before I head in....

Stood on it to put some stuff into the garage's rafters. That's all it's good for whilst my road's icy. Seat still has imprint of my shoes, plastic's too cold to be, well, plastic.
cold.gif

Added Tank Pads from tech-Spec - not 100% i have the correct placement as i have a some rub marks on the corners of the tank - but they are removeable so may try and move if they dont help

2013-01-16%2016.27.10.jpg

2013-01-16%2016.26.57.jpg