What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those tank pads are very nice. I have been meaning to get a set of them. I have plenty of paint wear in the areas covered by the pads.

Lets see -

tires

brakes

rebuild front calipers

lube everything

replace throttle cable and brake lines

rebuild fork - seals, bushings, etc

valves, plugs, coolant

rear pivot and steering bearings.

arghhhh. But this is the first real service other than fluids and tires since new - now at 36K

Folded the mirrors in so I would stop walking into them. Took the battery tender off the Duc, plugged in the FJR.

Whew! Big day today.

Added Tank Pads from tech-Spec - not 100% i have the correct placement as i have a some rub marks on the corners of the tank - but they are removeable so may try and move if they dont help
2013-01-16%2016.27.10.jpg
Looks good!

Tech Spec pads are the shizzle. Lots of pics of the pads floating around the forum too. The tank corners are difficult to protect, after a few thousand miles you're gonna have some wear -- it's inevitable. You might try moving the sides back a little, but nothing is going to be perfect.

--G

Looks good!
Tech Spec pads are the shizzle. Lots of pics of the pads floating around the forum too. The tank corners are difficult to protect, after a few thousand miles you're gonna have some wear -- it's inevitable. You might try moving the sides back a little, but nothing is going to be perfect.

--G
Those pads are awesome, I've put them on my Gixxer, they actually also help ya to real hang on the bike in a tight turn.....money well spend.
V

RPK

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see -
tires

brakes

rebuild front calipers

lube everything

valves, plugs, coolant

arghhhh. But this is the first real service other than fluids and tires since new - now at 36K

Ok, you got me. So why............

- rebuild the front calipers?

- replace throttle cable and brake lines?

Added Tank Pads from tech-Spec - not 100% i have the correct placement as i have a some rub marks on the corners of the tank - but they are removeable so may try and move if they dont help
2013-01-16%2016.27.10.jpg
Looks good!

--G
The best tank protector out there, love mine. Mine look better on the faster silver color, but they look pretty good on blue too!

Managed a ride today
smile.png
. Had to convince SWMBO our road was clear enough of ice. Well, it was, nearly.

Rode VERY gingerly over the bits that I'd lied about
uhoh.gif

Didn't go far, but managed a brief bit at 7x mph
rolleyes.gif

Temperature was never above -1C (30 or 31F), but just riding was giving me a warm glow from inside
tongue.png

Lets see -
tires

brakes

rebuild front calipers

lube everything

valves, plugs, coolant

Ok, you got me. So why............

- rebuild the front calipers?

- replace throttle cable and brake lines?
He's in maryland......what else is he going to do?

I worked on a way to mount my first ever gps on a motorcycle. I occasionally have to drive in Las Vegas and found the gps is essential for getting around safely in that traffic, bike or car.

Pulling over and checking the map isn't an option.
uhoh.gif

Put on my 3rd PR2...the one that came off lasted 14,000 miles!

Conducted my 24th oil and filter change.

Found a bunch of dirty black oiliness on the right fork leg. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Gotta make a seal-mate!