What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode it to work...43 degrees this morning...kinda like a Spring morning. Got to wear the new Motoport pants my wife got me for Christmas...Woohoo!!!

Rode it to work...43 degrees this morning...kinda like a Spring morning. ..........Zip>>
Gunny! 43º here too, nice and toasty, except my hands.

A couple weeks back I did change to my winter V-Stream windshield for the weather. Nothing like a barn door to block the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat on my scoot during lunch and had a couple of smokes. Was raining. Had my umbrella at a forty five degree angle to stay dry.

Rode to work again, great day today.

got friday off and room reserved in the mountians this weekend.

Then I looked at fridays weather north of me...warm and rain...fuk it...better wet and riding than working

Sat on my scoot during lunch and had a couple of smokes. Was raining. Had my umbrella at a forty five degree angle to stay dry.
Never woulda worked here.. We use 52.3 degree angle due to the specific gravity of our raindrops..

More of a "for my FJR" than "to my FJR" today.

Unpacked a "new to me" Cycle Hill Tire changer and Tusk wheel balancer. No more carting wheels to Yama-hon-kaw-suzi-dealer...

Santa left me a late Christmas present on the front porch when I got home last night. I had to mount it up and take it for a ride. I think it looks wonderful on the bike, and the six miles or so I rode it make me think I might like it a lot. It is likely to be spring before I know how much I like it.

The seat adjuster still works and I think I like it in the high setting. I rode it last night in the low setting. Russell did a great job. I did not talk to them much, but they gave me what I wanted.

It is going to be rainy and nasty and then cold. It might be a while before we get to go for a long ride. That is fine. I need to do a lot of work to the old girl anyway.

2010RDL_zps0d13be68.jpg

I bought two cans of Sea Foam last night. It will take another post here before I can actually put any of it in the gas tank.

Pulled the forks off with plans of having them rebuilt and upgraded. Moved my radar detector to the left side next to my GPS. Installed a new battery and wired in a pair of PIAA's.
smile.png

Drove the 2013 home from my unloading area two blocks from home and kicked the traction control light on while turning into the icy driveway.

Received the new set of Michelin PR3s for the coming season.

Ordered a Cee Bailey screen.

Unplugged her from the Battery Tender; it doesn't seem to be working right.

Fixed the mount plate for the OEM top trunk.

Coming up, finish installation of the air horn.

Have a set of PIAAs from my ST1100 I never installed, need to see how/where/if/when to do it on the FJR.

Spoke with some folks about 'names' for bikes. Never really done that thing before.

Busy week:)

I washed and pledged the windshield, waterproofed my gloves and packed for a couple days in the mountians.

I got to test the rain baggie and rubber band on the xm radio comming home from work. It worked quite well. I have another for my cell if needed ;)

Washed and waxed it for the last time.. I know I actually washed it twice in less than a year..I figure I owe Blassoff at least a clean scoot.

I farted on the Wings new seat, and prepped the lowers for paint tomorrow.

installed hyperlite CA brake Flash and Cal SCI Large screen, had 600 mile service done by Roseville Yamaha - All good no issues
What's your thoughts on the Calsci screen? I'm 6'0, and am finding the Large to be too tall...
Sorry didnt men to ignore you, I like it, its still a liitle low with respect to wind noise when sitting up, master yoda style, however when raining I drop it as it too high then

I moved my brand new PR2s that were resting against the front fender so that I could have easier access to the carburetor on my snow blower.
unsure.png