What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode to work in some blustery weather this morning. Might be getting some rain this lunch/afternoon. Guess I'll get wet. Jackie-O likes the rain.
Oh come man. Don't tell me you did not have a couple of smokes on her while before walking through the turnstile for work. Damn it just ruined my day!
uhoh.gif
mighta been to blustery
drag.gif

How'd you pull that off half an hour apart? That's kewl.....like stealthy n stuff.

edit:"invizi-posting".

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it to work. 77f on the way home. I discovered 4 6pks of becks na (bottles) and 4 boxes of granola bars fit in saddle bags, also had room for long pants and a heavy fleece jacket

Left work yesterday and.....regretted not putting my rain pants on. Started with my left foot....then my left leg....oh, my ....my crotch.....right leg afterwards. Rain.....rain and more fricking rain.

I washed my Jackie-O yesterday. Rode her all clean and purty to work this morning and had a couple of smokes before the daily grind started.

Just recieved the last of my "maintenance" parts (caliper seals) in the mail, and went to the paint shop to look at my newly painted tupperware - yellow n black. Soon to have a "new to me" bike - again.

Anyone know of a good source for stickers? I gotta put a lil' sumtin' on the paint.

Screwed a Ram ball 349 U in the left unused mirror hole from Twisted Throttle for a GPS mount. Thats all I have money for after that Money pit Tenere entered the garage! Ouch!

Did a 265-mile lunch ride to a great Mexican food place in Miami, AZ, with six other riders, none on another FJR. The more I ride my 2013 the more I enjoy it. Temps varied from 45 to 60 F. I think I'll modify my grip heater set-up from the stock 1 - 5 - 10 levels to 4 - 7 - 10. 1 was not even noticeable, 5 was a little cool, and 10 burnt me out, so I will experiment with some other settings. And yes, my coolant temp -- stupid they made that digital! -- fluctuates quite a bit. I'll need to watch it more carefully on the next ride, just to see how much the variation is. I may remove that parameter to a display screen that is not my primary one.

Last night I strapped/bungied a plastic milk box to the back seat. Looks cool n-stuff. Gotta pick oil up for my cars xmission. This morning I had a back rest that wasn't very comfy. Couldn't lean back on the back rest and relax during my morning before-work smoke. Jackie-O didn't mind the extra weight on back. She's good like that.....never complains. Just goes and goes and goes.

Screwed a Ram ball 349 U in the left unused mirror hole from Twisted Throttle for a GPS mount. (snip)
I just did the same thing. I don't have anything to mount on it yet, but I got tired of looking at the gigantic hex head of the bolt I had in there. Now if I can only remember what size tap I used to tap the other side I'll get a ram ball for there as well.

Screwed a Ram ball 349 U in the left unused mirror hole from Twisted Throttle for a GPS mount. (snip)
I just did the same thing. I don't have anything to mount on it yet, but I got tired of looking at the gigantic hex head of the bolt I had in there. Now if I can only remember what size tap I used to tap the other side I'll get a ram ball for there as well.
So, you'll have two balls ...and no real use for them?

biggrin.png

So, you'll have two balls ...and no real use for them? :D
I would say the addition of a matching set of balls would be equivalent to a PCIII and headers with a power map. ;) . Question is will the extra cojonés be used at all...?

I ran all of the wires for various accessories using a relay and distribution block yesterday. Also installed an n/line dash and CeeBailey +4+2 wind screen. Can't wait for it to warm up!!

Took that POS Shorai outta my and put it back in a box and sent it back where it came from. Now looking for yet another battery. This will be the third in 18 months. Im gettin pissy!!
angry2.gif