What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved the FJR out of the way so that the Wingabago could go for a ride.

Came home and moved the Honda back so the FJR can ride Ortega Hwy. in the morning.

"Anticipation..."

Just checked and Cee Bailey sells a +2"H +4"W in dark gray tint for $160. I know that may seem steep but it is a first rate product. Other than the tint, that is my windshield of choice for the FJR. Of course even I am not stupid enough to get into "What windshield is Right For You!", just offering some options. If you have not dealt with any other shields for the FJR it is hard to believe how much difference the right shield can make.
Well with the stock screen at low level the wind hit's my chest/shoulders, I really don't mind that

When I raise the sheild the higher I go the more noisy it gets with turbulence and at the highest the wind hits my helmet, don't like all the noise and wind up there.

If I lean down towards the tank at the highest position it gets VERY quiet...so I figured if I had a screen 4" or so taller at the highest point it wouls be quiet.

How tall are you and what's your inseam?

I'm 6'0" tall but long waisted with only a 30" inseam.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Adjusted stock suspension, 2 lines showing, 8 top adj, 8 lower legs, 8 rear w/stiff setting.

Rode it thru local canyon, front end very harsh/stiff over bumps, corners well, and rear feels planted.

Any thoughts on front end?
umnik.gif

Adjusted stock suspension, 2 lines showing, 8 top adj, 8 lower legs, 8 rear w/stiff setting.

Rode it thru local canyon, front end very harsh/stiff over bumps, corners well, and rear feels planted.

umnik.gif

Installed new oem top case I bought fom a member here, changed the lock and added some black 3m reflective tape, I had over fom my side cases

Checked the air in the tires. Saturday is the first significant ride of the upcoming season. Yes! Ride report will follow.

I finally got my forks put back together, tommorow the steering head gets lubed, then start putting it back together.

I've helped several folks attempts at using spray on, with less than spectacular results.First the screen must be perfectly clean as any imperfection will stand out. Then you have to be real careful about spray thickness as this stuff is like a track meet in a can.

Add to that consistent layers are hard to achieve.

It can be done but as I said before, make sure you have a few pieces of plastic to play with first.

Film isn't that bad as you have to cut it oversize "work" it.. I've done 2 face-shields and the curve is far tighter.

Didn't use a heat gun but maybe it would have made it easier.
Ok Thanks.

I may try the film to see how it works out.
No problem.... Just keep it under yer hat man. These dickbags here would have a field day if they found out I actually helped out.

Rode around some on the 09 FJR. Filled up with fuel and got a respectable 49mpg.

Continued my 'comedy of errors' while doing a valve check on the 04 FJR. Somebody just shoot me.

Received all my plastics back fron the paint shop the other day, put on bothsides & the front only both topsides , screen , & mirrors to install

And the internal plastics thats palned for tommorow. Then its time to ride.

Went to my local dealer to check out the ground spider recall & have a wee gander at the new '13. Lo & behold bike hasn't had the spider sorted so that's going to get done under warranty. I'll get her serviced @'the same time. Had a drool over the GenIII so I might go for a test ride next week. Dealer is keen to get some miles on his demo machine. (Hook, line & sinker methinks?).
Have fun on the '13.

Take pictures of your new baby after you buy it...

:rolleyes:
I'd have to sell one of the kids to be able to afford it. (Come to think of it that wouldn't be a bad idea!).

I'm just going to ride it for the banter.

Road 220 miles around Hood Canal in Washington State. It was warm today with temps from 48 to 58 degrees. Ride report to follow as time permits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Road 220 miles around Hood Canal in Washington State. It was warm today with temps from 48 to 58 degrees. Ride report to follow as time permits.
Lazy ass.. You should be more like me an only sleep 4 hours then you'd have plenty of time to rub it in gumby.

Adjusted stock suspension, 2 lines showing, 8 top adj, 8 lower legs, 8 rear w/stiff setting.Rode it thru local canyon, front end very harsh/stiff over bumps, corners well, and rear feels planted.

umnik.gif
Air pressures are 40 and40
Front tire pressure is fine, though I'd go up to 42 in the rear.

Harsh over bumps means the front compression damping is too high. Just go CCW on the lower fork leg adjuster 1-2 clicks at a time until it goes away.

https://www.santanflat.com Rode to San Tan Flat with Miss Donna on "Naomie Harris" for a burger and a beer! Ordered a laminar lip for Naomie.

Close to the 4K oil change and have not thought of anything else that my 2013 needs other than better wind protection; she is a "perfect" moto!

OFF TOPIC: This is my six month old Labrador Retriever Puppy's Mom Remi, no wonder my Oso is such a Hooligan and a total Knucklehead!

36631_560768310609018_1913829453_n1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: