What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode the black widow to work today. 28 F outside. I accomplished another feet whilst getting ready to leave. I put my helmet on the truck turned around and took two steps. Guess what happened next!
omg2.gif
As i herd a noise and turned around it was sliding off the hood of the truck. So now I have to order some new parts for my helmet. DAMIT!
Is there a dropped helmet logo for my sig?

Dave
short_bus_air.jpg

You're welcome, Dave.
tongue.png
Poor Odie.... His last day with Champion Air and only one day in the new uniform................

They made me.....wear............that.......hat.

BOT:I rode Jackie-O into work today. Woke up a half hour late so I was only able to have one smoke before drudging tween the turnstyiles and heading in to work. I did get my morning coffee made so that wasn't too bad. Didn't lose my cup either since I eskimoed up me a cup holder on Jackie-O.....oh, you gotta see it. Farming 101, baby. I'll get pics of it some other time.

I got to ride today.

Sun in my eyes both ways.

I finally figured out the cure. I put a strip of tape along the top of the flip down sun shade.

More testing tomorrow.

Today i fixed a couuple of brackets from the main cowlig the ones that hold onto the V at the front below the radiator .I was suppried to find that in all 4 had been snapped of by a mechanics that does not read his manual

I used a product called JB-WELD as it is suitable for abs plastics, well it worked a treat now i can continue to put the old girl backtogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Russell build front and rear seats. I also split lanes in California traffic, kind of intimidating squeezing between some of the SUVs. I think everybody in California drives 2 cars or more to work and back. There can't be any other reason for that many cars on the highways. I moved from here in 89 because of the traffic. It has not gotten any better.

Fixed the rattling Wynpro kickstand foot.

Removed it, added an extra washer under each screw, filled the 'foot' with bathtub caulk, tightened everything, wiped of excess caulk.

Issue solved... with spare stuff from the workbench = free.

You may have missed the earlier posts, but some of us early BigFoot adopters used JB Weld as the filler/adhesive and red lock-tite on the screws. It's not going anywhere now!

I had some quality time in the garage today and made some excellent progress on the re-assembly of the relay arm, centerstand and shock. I thinking the worst is behind me now.

I didn't do anything to my Feejer today. It's a good thing Its at my inlaws garage. It is now mud season for my driveway. I am going to ride it to work tomorrow though. We don't have turnstyles but we do have badge readers at work. Another day of slavedome.

Dave

Installed a Power Commander V with Autotune and smoothness map and fitted my custom made +6.5"/+4" Rifle screen. A test ride confirmed both did what it said on the tin making me a happy chap.

You may have missed the earlier posts, but some of us early BigFoot adopters used JB Weld as the filler/adhesive and red lock-tite on the screws. It's not going anywhere now!
Sounds like a really solid fix!

My "using materials at hand" this time was a step up from years past when it might have been duct tape and/or wire coat hangers.

(With my bride, in the background, patiently whistling the theme from The Mickey Mouse Club.)

I rode my FJR from Temple City, CA -- just southeast of Pasadena -- up to visit my son in Belmont, CA, about half-way between San Jose and San Francisco.

The ride up was leisurely, on US-101, with a nice detour on Interlaken Rd. and Jolon Rd. from Paso Robles to King City. Other planned detours -- Foxen Canyon/Tepusquet and Carmel Valley Rd. -- had to be skipped due to either road construction or a late start.

We had a nice dinner at Godfather's Burger Bar in Belmont, and caught up on life. Afterwards, around 6:00pm, he left on his Speed Triple to stop by his house in South San Francisco (South City to the locals...) on his way to work, and I headed back home. This required 30 miles of lane sharing from Belmont to Morgan Hill on US-101, then SR-152 over to I-5 for the long slog home. I found a nice audio book to listen to on the Zumo to help pass the time, and I pulled in to the driveway around 12:30am, after 775 miles.

This was my first extended ride with the Sena SMH-10 headset and SM-10 adapter that I got for the holidays. I plugged the Zumo 550 into the main port of the SM-10, and the V-1 into the Aux port, and it worked great. I was nice not having to be tethered to the bike at gas stations.

750 miles? Not bad. I rode aboot 40 miles today.....to and from work. Was a real treat to come home and argue with the wife. Low fuel light started blinking bout a mile from the house....need to get gas on the way home from work tomorrow......

I'm thinking I'll get reacquainted with my mistress soon. Like in about another 45 days or so. Haven't even laid eyes on it since Nov 23. It's been a long winter.

Went to have my stock windscreen tinted but the guy said it wouldn't take the heat shrinking (curvy sheild) and would melt the plastic.

Years ago I remember seeing tint in a spray can, can't find it anywhere though, have to look on fleabay I guess.

I rode my FJR from Temple City, CA -- just southeast of Pasadena -- up to visit my son in Belmont, CA, about half-way between San Jose and San Francisco.
The ride up was leisurely, on US-101, with a nice detour on Interlaken Rd. and Jolon Rd. from Paso Robles to King City. Other planned detours -- Foxen Canyon/Tepusquet and Carmel Valley Rd. -- had to be skipped due to either road construction or a late start.

We had a nice dinner at Godfather's Burger Bar in Belmont, and caught up on life. Afterwards, around 6:00pm, he left on his Speed Triple to stop by his house in South San Francisco (South City to the locals...) on his way to work, and I headed back home. .......
Good job, dad, that's a long way for a Burger.
smile.png
Nice weather here the past couple days. I'm off on a day ride tomorrow to enjoy the nice weather. Will probably take the FZ-1, but I did put new tires on the FJR this week as well, so it's ready for the longer runs planned for later.

--rb

I'm thinking I'll get reacquainted with my mistress soon. Like in about another 45 days or so. Haven't even laid eyes on it since Nov 23. It's been a long winter.
I didn't want to look like Sacramento Mike, so I got the Sunblocker. Same idea, just a little cleaner, and doesn't look like painter's tape. No adhesive, so it can be moved easily.

Spread salt on the ice flow in front of the garage door, should have it cleared by the time decent weather gets here.