What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a rear wheel and drive shaft removal, cleaned and regreased the splines and the axle, put on my new Beowulf exhaust and went for a nice long ride.

Well, it was last week, but...

Tag-a-long fuel cell is finally plumbed! Works great--Joe2LMaker does great work once again.

StandingrightsideFJR.jpg

Shane

Last night I added the graphics kit I got from Premier Motorcycle accessories.

Suited up first thing this morning and rode over to the local Tim Horton's for my morning coffee ...

CA05091217061681-L.jpg

I should have used my Nikon. I'll get a better photo tomorrow. I rode over to my local dealer to pick up my brake pads. When I placed the order I clearly remember telling them I need two sets of pads PER SIDE on the front. Some how that got interpreted as two sets of pads for the front and I will have to wait another day while they get the two other sets of brake pads I ordered in the first place.

I went home and switched out the FJR for my WR450F and went dirt biking for the afternoon until the rains came.

Hey Billy,

Did you park that thing in the Hardly parking area or sumpthin'? I know it wasn't your feejer marking its territory there. Even the lowly, second gen automagics hold their oil well. :p At least you have the bigfoot out there as an outrigger in case you sink into the hydrocarbon drenched tarmac.

PS - must be awesome to be retarded retired. The big trip of the day is to Tim's and then the stealership to pick up some parts? :huh:

Did I mention I hate you? :p

Oh yeah... and why is that bike so clean? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prepped it for sale once again,wash,wax etc,. :unsure: Looky-Lu's.Will someone please pull the trigger.......

Hey Billy,

Did you park that thing in the Hardly parking area or sumpthin'?
I do have a handicapped parking permit but it really pisses them off when I park the bike there. My friend also has handicap parking and we used to park his pickup with two dirt bikes in the back at the pub in the handicap parking. That got some strange looks.

I know it wasn't your feejer marking its territory there. Even the lowly, second gen automagics hold their oil well. :p At least you have the bigfoot out there as an outrigger in case you sink into the hydrocarbon drenched tarmac.
It was the snowblower that dropped the oil. My vastly superior Gen II AE would die of embarrassment at the mere thought of leaking hydrocarbons.
tongue.gif

PS - must be awesome to be retarded retired. The big trip of the day is to Tim's and then the stealership to pick up some parts? :huh:

Did I mention I hate you? :p

Oh yeah... and why is that bike so clean? :unsure:
I had cleaned it prior to going to Tech Day IV in Owosso and had it all cleaned up in preparation of the application of the graphics kit from Premier Motorcycle Accessories. Unfortunately the crappy iPhone camera did not capture the stripe graphic properly. I wasn't sure I was going to like it but now that it is on I think it definitely adds something to the bike by breaking up the solid silver on the fairing. Me likey.
smile.gif

My usual early spring routine for Wednesday would to get up and go to Tim Horton's and after a while go over to the Older Adults Association and shoot a few games of Snooker and then play some Canasta with the old ladies and clean them out of their Bingo money. Now that the nice weather is finally here, I'm on two wheels that being my FJR, the WR450F, my Trek Medone SL1 Project One road bicycle or my Kona mountain bike. So many choices, so little time.

As for the retarded retired remark, I was recently asked if I would like a job driving a school bus. I used to ride the short bus and now I might be driving the short bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
12,000 mile service today at 12,600.

Needed a new air filter. I guess I could have blown it out but what the hell, it was like 30 bucks and since I bought a service contract was all I had to pay.

It was pretty gray though and was saturated the entire inside, not like I have seen where it was only half way dirty.

Installed extended length OES frame sliders and MC Enterprises rear tipover bars. Very easy installation. With tipover bars installed the passenger pegs are always deployed, they can't fold up.

It was pretty gray though and was saturated the entire inside, not like I have seen where it was only half way dirty.
That's odd. Did someone turn it around last oil change maybe? That's the only way I can get mine evenly dirty.
Not sure on that. Maybe these guys are pretty good. It was enough that I did not think blowing it out would do it any good. Could have bought a K&N but went OEM. If another 12,6000 shows the same thing I may do a K&N.

Washed & waxed was all that happened today. The Mrs. had an appointment in Portland after eye surgery last week.

have an 04 non ABS and I went & weighed it today on a local scale used for weighing moving vans, etc.

Book says the thing will weigh 606 completely wet, I assumed that was with hard bags however I guess bags

are extra. Full of gas without bags it was 620 which suprised me. Could the scale be off on low readings

since it is designed to read much greater weights ???

have an 04 non ABS and I went & weighed it today on a local scale used for weighing moving vans, etc.

Book says the thing will weigh 606 completely wet, I assumed that was with hard bags however I guess bags

are extra. Full of gas without bags it was 620 which suprised me. Could the scale be off on low readings

I've never seen the 606 lb figure - where did you get that from? Wet weight of the non-abs Gen I FJR is in the 620-630 lb range from most figures I have seen. Add 15 lbs for ABS.

I re-installed my Tanji Fuel Cell today along with the 'stupid hurts' fuel tank from my beloved Dirty Ol Whore or FJR#!. These pieces haven't been on in over a year and a half but I have a big ride with the Team Lyle Alamo Express going on this upcoming weekend. :yahoo:

I've never seen the 606 lb figure - where did you get that from? Wet weight of the non-abs Gen I FJR is in the 620-630 lb range from most figures I have seen. Add 15 lbs for ABS.
Page 8-1 of Yomammaha Owners Manual FJR LIT-11626-17-27 and 5JW-28199-11. FJR1300S© FJR1300AS©

"Weight: with oil & fuel: FJR1300 275.0Kg(606 lb) (U49)

" 276.0 kg(609) (Cal)

FJR1300A 282.0 622lb U49

" 283.0 624lb Cal

Just another dim wit from New Mexico here.

Page 8-1 of Yomammaha Owners Manual FJR LIT-11626-17-27 and 5JW-28199-11. FJR1300S© FJR1300AS©

" 276.0 kg(609) (Cal)

FJR1300A 282.0 622lb U49

" 283.0 624lb Cal

Yeah radiummadman, the Imperial Navy was also just conducting "training exercises" off of the coast of Oahu too! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

" 276.0 kg(609) (Cal)

FJR1300A 282.0 622lb U49

" 283.0 624lb Cal

Ahhhh...... that is your problem! You are believing what Mother Ship Yammie tells you! Silly boy. As you have found out, they are fibbers!

I used to be able to find 'actual' wet weight measurements done by magazines with the help of Google, but it seems Gen I FJRs are getting long in the tooth. I can't find those anymore. :(