What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it wasn't all done today, but over the last couple of weeks as I have gotten to know my new-to-me '07 ----

RDCUA TBS

TBS/idle air bypass sync, or whatever it's called

Found a set of other brand Grip Puppies at a dealership, for $2!

Adjust suspension settings

Installed PC V

Seriously considering unwinding the throttle return spring. Only thing holding me back is that I cain't see a way to rewind it if I don't like it.

Oh, and I ride it. 66.7 miles to work, and 66.7 miles home, 4 days out of 7. And joy rides, to get used to my first ever sport-style motorcycle. Yeeehaww!

Well, it wasn't all done today, but over the last couple of weeks as I have gotten to know my new-to-me '07 ----

RDCUA TBS

TBS/idle air bypass sync, or whatever it's called

Found a set of other brand Grip Puppies at a dealership, for $2!

Adjust suspension settings

Installed PC V

Seriously considering unwinding the throttle return spring. Only thing holding me back is that I cain't see a way to rewind it if I don't like it.

Oh, and I ride it. 66.7 miles to work, and 66.7 miles home, 4 days out of 7. And joy rides, to get used to my first ever sport-style motorcycle. Yeeehaww!
if it were 66.6 miles you could say the devil made you do it.

Replacement front fender arrived so fitted Fender Extender I bought from another member (there's a song there somewhere). Although said member supplied hardware also, I decided to follow another member's lead and stick the extenda on instead of drilling my nice new fender.

Both were nice and clean anyway so just abraded the surfaces with a scotchbrite pad, slathered on the two part epoxy and lightly clamped together overnight.Thought about using one tiny screw as back up but decided to live dangerously.

All fitted on bike and as the extenda has the carbon fibre look, it goes great with the carbon fibre Beowulf mufflers.

Congratulate myself with a nice cold beer.

Replacement front fender arrived so fitted Fender Extender I bought from another member (there's a song there somewhere). Although said member supplied hardware also, I decided to follow another member's lead and stick the extenda on instead of drilling my nice new fender.

Both were nice and clean anyway so just abraded the surfaces with a scotchbrite pad, slathered on the two part epoxy and lightly clamped together overnight.Thought about using one tiny screw as back up but decided to live dangerously.

All fitted on bike and as the extenda has the carbon fibre look, it goes great with the carbon fibre Beowulf mufflers.

Congratulate myself with a nice cold beer.
Put your name and address on the inside of the FE so when it falls off, it will stand a better chance of getting back to you.

:p

I rode the sucker a couple hundred miles on some Minnesota and Iowa roads then back to the hotel at CFO.

Got up at 5:00 Sat morning, while waiting for sun-up, searched posts re after market wind screens.

Last saw her earlier this week, gearing up shortly for few hours of clear blue sky SW Ontario riding. Now what is there to eat for breakfast?

Cheers

Been a little busy:

Last weekend a buddy and I did some leisurely North Carolina riding. Near Albemarle, NC we visited here

MorrowMtn.jpg

In Biscoe, NC I met Glenn who rides an '07 FJR he recently acquired. Ken the HD Guy and I also stumbled across a covered bridge near an old but restored and working mill in Lee County, NC not too far from Sanford

LeeCounty2.jpg

LeeCounty-1.jpg

All in all a good day for a ride- not too hot and not too cold.

Today was a good maintenance day: new rear tire (Pirelli Angel ST) with new fancy 90 deg. bolt-on type valve stem; removed, cleaned and greased both the rear brake and shifter levers. The only reason I did these is b/c last week Ken mentioned my rear brake light was staying on so I hosed the lever with WD40 but wanted to get the grit out. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself and I'm gonna do some riding tomorrow. Dunno where yet.....

edit: also did the kickstand pivot bolt and bushing clean and lube. Don't wanna shortchange myself on such an unusually motivated day :D !

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed the forks,cleaned/flushed/refilled. Cleaned and inspected the brakes.

Little screw on the handlebar bolt cover stripped and had to dremel a slot in it.

Flushed out the brake/clutch fluid. Test ride Sunday.

My backorderd gaskets for my holeshot cans came in today ( much earlier than I expected). Of course I had to install them. It was a good thing to, The paper gaskets I had made were burning away, they crumbled like the dead sea scrolls.

Took a little ride around the block today. Went about 380 miles to nowhere and back. Did see something new tho: 2 riders on horseback parked in the Advance Auto Parts parking lot. There's something you don't come across very often :yahoo: .

I put the front forks back on after fixing a fork seal leak and refilling the oil that was lost. Cleaned up the spooge from the front of the bike and brake pads/caliper areas. Bled the clutch fluid and cleaned the bike. Took off the risers. Took her for a quick hour long check out ride. She still rides nice! :yahoo:

Oil & filter change on Saturday.

Sunday went on my first, (and last!), Toy run*

Brake & clutch fluid bleed and change today.

*Charity or no, I will not ever again subject myself to being stuck in the midst of a rolling roadblock composed of a hundred-odd pirates on embarrassingly LOUD bikes :blink:

Rode to LaPine, with a whole lot of other FJR peeps from New Mexico, Arizona, California, and even Michigan.

RubenRun022.jpg

RubenRun032.jpg

but my tire evaporated on the trip, and at 7300 miles the PR 3 had enough. I dashed up to Bend OR with HotRodZilla and bought new PR2 tires

RubenRun053.jpg

RubenRun058.jpg

Then had some expert help mounting them.

RubenRun064.jpg

RubenRun067.jpg

RubenRun066.jpg

Since all my maintainence has been done I cleaned it up in preperation of EOM. Kickstand up in 33 hours. :yahoo: