What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good weekend of work but wish I could have made EOM. :huh:
Sounds like you did do a good bit of work...you would have loved EOM. I've been twice...and it's always been great riding roads...some of the best you'll ever ride.

You didn't miss much with EOM. The clique is well established down that way..CFO is far warmer regarding noobs. ;)
Total bullshit.

All you have to do, is do some riding on some of the best roads anywhere, have the time of your life, be friendly and FJR people are generally friendly back.

You may be just BSing, but don't lead people astray. I'm not sure what the purpose of badmouthing a great meet on a "what did you do on your FJR today" thread...butt it aint nice.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the G2 Throttle Tamer and a Kaoko throttle lock while I was at it. The G2 really made a difference in controllability at low throttle openings. Very nice. The G2 works very well with the previously installed PC-V. If Dad isn't happy with it now, the problem is not the bike.

The Kaoko throttle lock is very easy to install, and works wonderfully. I feel that both mods were money and time well spent.

I have owned my cycle since Dec. last year, and just realized that the webbing hardware inside the saddlebags is removable. So I removed it. Best mod so far if time and money are considered. The buckles really got in the way!

I have owned my cycle since Dec. last year, and just realized that the webbing hardware inside the saddlebags is removable. So I removed it. Best mod so far if time and money are considered. The buckles really got in the way!
I have to ask....what webbing hardware? I have an 08, it came with canvas travel bags and otherwise empty saddlebags. Am I missing something? Got pics?

Changed the oil and filter. Then got energetic and bled/flushed the clutch cylinder fluid and the front brake fluid.

I have to ask....what webbing hardware? I have an 08, it came with canvas travel bags and otherwise empty saddlebags. Am I missing something? Got pics?
You don't have the little straps that hold the bag in? They buckle in the middle and attach to two points on each side if the bag.

Installed new left muflfer with no dents or scratches thanks to Radiummadman! :yahoo:

Installed a brand new left saddlebag and transferred the lock (with Locktite of course) thanks to Nazgul! :clapping:

That brings me back to 100% after the Reuben Run.

You don't have the little straps that hold the bag in? They buckle in the middle and attach to two points on each side if the bag.
Nope, I thought the rings on the bags were for shoulder straps that I don't have.

I did however get a really great deal on the bike ;)

Nope, I thought the rings on the bags were for shoulder straps that I don't have.

I did however get a really great deal on the bike ;)
The rings on the bag are for shoulder straps, which are supposed to store away in the zip-up net inner lining of the liner bag's lid. And while the little straps can apparently be used to hold the liner bag in place (I'd never done so before), they can also be tightened up to hold loose stuff from bouncing around inside the liner-less bags, which is how I have always used them.

Dammit, So now I find out I am missing something I never needed or knew existed and I want em!

Sounds like you did do a good bit of work...you would have loved EOM. I've been twice...and it's always been great riding roads...some of the best you'll ever ride.

You didn't miss much with EOM. The clique is well established down that way..CFO is far warmer regarding noobs. ;)
Total bullshit.

All you have to do, is do some riding on some of the best roads anywhere, have the time of your life, be friendly and FJR people are generally friendly back.

You may be just BSing, but don't lead people astray. I'm not sure what the purpose of badmouthing a great meet on a "what did you do on your FJR today" thread...butt it aint nice.

Ok then, it's been a week.

3 pm's to me indicate the "old boy " network is highly enforced.. Yeah I received 2 last year...................... from neither of these guys..

Sorry Mark but 2 of the three who felt "unwelcome" this year, were from less than half a days travel.. It seems as though you have to 'Know somebody" in order to be welcomed into the clique.

Not at all surprised.

I did the Dragon 3 times on my Vstar 7 years ago.. Like the town whore , she's been done by everyone. Plenty of better roads deserve reporting down that way.

BUT.............The best roads and people in the US? West of the Mississippi. Bar none.

I got my oil changed. I hope I used the best stuff, it's hard to make sense of the oil advice here ;)

So now after the next few days of t storms have passed I'll be ready.

Went out to the shop :rolleyes:

Opened big door :yahoo:

Sat on bike and made motorcycle sounds while watching raindrops :angry2:

3 pm's to me indicate the "old boy " network is highly enforced.. Yeah I received 2 last year...................... from neither of these guys..

Sorry Mark but 2 of the three who felt "unwelcome" this year, were from less than half a days travel.. It seems as though you have to 'Know somebody" in order to be welcomed into the clique.

Not at all surprised.
Maybe we should take this to a separate thread because it is not about what we have done to our FJR today. I think it does deserve discussion.

Total bullshit.

Not at all surprised.

Stop it you two or Old Michael and Papa Chuy are going to PhotoShop a picture of you two kissing and making up, we absolutely guarantee it will not be your lips that each of you will be kissing! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Installed the PIAA Sports horns, Grip Puppies, and a Sargent seat. The hoes on the right do get a little horny if I turn too tight. Nothing hits the forks though...