What's the 'Harley' appeal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. I wasn't gonna call you out on that, but since you volunteered... It's you!!
See, the difference with me is that I admit to less than socially acceptable behavior at times while riding. Not many others do and some may call them lying hypocrites*.

*I, of course, am generalizing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. I wasn't gonna call you out on that, but since you volunteered... It's you!!
See, the difference with me is that I admit to less than socially acceptable behavior at times while riding. Not many others do and some may call them lying hypocrites*.

*I, of course, am generalizing. ;)
**as do we all.

But you've never seen me ride, nutty one. I ride like a grandma, I tell ya. And ATGATT and stuff. :unsure: :rolleyes:

But you've never seen me ride, nutty one. I ride like a grandma, I tell ya. And ATGATT and stuff. :unsure: :rolleyes:
But do you ride like TWN's Grandma?

Why, yes. Yes I do.

TWN's Grandma:

50d1121261386-hot-babes-all-time-favourite-babes-most-important-thread-ever-brook21.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to save this thread. ;)

You guys are "stuck" on the Harley mystique.
Have you bothered to consider how many cruiser-type motorcycles the Japanese manufacturers sell in America compared to...er...uhm...sport-tourers? Compared to sport bikes?
Hey, I aint stuck on harley mystque, I have never even owned one, and wouldnt buy one to ride. That said, I think in terms of stock looks, while there are some good looking japanese crusers I dont think they are as nice. :rolleyes:

50d1121261386-hot-babes-all-time-favourite-babes-most-important-thread-ever-brook21.jpg

Now do you call this a V-twin or an in-line twin. Hell of a displacement on that engine:unsure:
It's a transverse-mounted V-twin like a Moto Guzzi. I'd say we're looking at about 850cc's. Anyone care to guess the bore and stroke? ;)

It's a transverse-mounted V-twin like a Moto Guzzi. I'd say we're looking at about 850cc's. Anyone care to guess the bore and stroke? ;)
Soooo many places to go with that one... so many places... :whistle:

:blink: Suddenly I feel the urge to 'ride' :wub:

I actually like some of the Harley's but I hate the lifestyle. If they were more affordable I might even consider one but when you start looking at what you get for the money the FJR stands tall. I might have an Ultra Classic at some point but for now I cannot imagine life without my FJR.

"I don't get it"

Crap, late for another harley bashing...

You know, I don't get it either, and I also don't get:

Why anyone would want to own a giant SUV or Pickup..

Why anyone listens to the radio anymore.

Why anyone would drink Budwiser.

I don't get it. someone explain...

Why is it cheaper to buy two small cans of tuna instead of one large one?

Why are there cheap cell phones that work great but I have to spend over 200 bucks to talk to my passenger?

Why is there still Rap music...it was supposed to die like Disco...

Why don't more cops sit at intersections instead of the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere?

Why can't they just make a computer that can't get "infected?

Why do people still eat McDonnalds hamburgers?

I just don't get it.

Why do all the other riders make fun of Harley riders?

Why do Harley riders make fun of all other riders?

Why do folks watch American Idol?

I just don't get it....

KM

"I don't get it"

Why are there cheap cell phones that work great but I have to spend over 200 bucks to talk to my passenger?

Why don't more cops sit at intersections instead of the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere?

I just don't get it.

I just don't get it....

KM
Man KM - your 'I don't get it' list pretty much matches mine! :clapping:

Harley Davidson sold 36,735 motorcycles in 1986.They sold 177,187 motorcycles in 1999.

That period in the '90s was a fad. . . .
Harley Sales:

2003 - 291,147 motorcycles

2004 - 217,289

2005 - 329,017

2006 - 349,146

2007 - 330,619

Judging from 2007, maybe now the fad has passed?

"I don't get it"

I just don't get it.

I just don't get it....

KM
Brilliant! :good:

"I don't get it"

Oh, oh, allow me! I know the answers.

Why anyone would want to own a giant SUV or Pickup.. - It's a world-wide conspiracy to block my view from my crappy little car! You're all in on it, admit it!

Why anyone listens to the radio anymore. - Cassette tapes, baby! Always commercial free!

Why anyone would drink Budwiser. - Commercials with half-naked women can convince half-witted people that even moose piss is worth drinking

Why is it cheaper to buy two small cans of tuna instead of one large one? - It's the reverse of super-sizing (more for less money), now, they're selling us less for more money so we don't get fat

Why are there cheap cell phones that work great but I have to spend over 200 bucks to talk to my passenger? - Just 'cuz

Why is there still Rap music...it was supposed to die like Disco... - We're waiting for John Travolta to dance in a box office smash hit first, then we can kill it.

Why don't more cops sit at intersections instead of the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere? - Intersection = lots of potential work, middle of nowhere = no work unless some butthead comes along raping every driving law in the book (jeez, man, ya just messed up his rest time)

Why can't they just make a computer that can't get "infected? - Bill Gates somehow makes money off your down-time. I'm not sure how yet, but he does

Why do people still eat McDonnalds hamburgers? - Ok, I've got no idea on that one

I just don't get it.

Why do all the other riders make fun of Harley riders? - Deep down, they have chrome envy

Why do Harley riders make fun of all other riders? - Deep down, they wish they had plastic, because it's easier to wash

Why do folks watch American Idol? - Never heard of it

I have passed and passed by this topic for weeks. I have only read the first few posts-not even the first page. I don't care about the lifestyle or the maketing hype. I looked at a vrod while considering a new bike, but I am value conscious and HD was not there for me. That is why my decision was between various configurations of an FJR and a Warrior. I liked the look of both bikes..oops I digress...bottom line is that I would like to ride a good, mostly American made bike but HD did not have what I really was lookin for and neither Buell for that matter.

Why do all the other riders make fun of Harley riders? See below for answer (Hatfields)

Why do Harley riders make fun of all other riders? See above for answer (McCoys)