What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda SUCKS here...over a foot of snow and still coming down...High temps Monday & Tuesday of 0 degrees F.

weirdsmiley.gif
This shit's kinda cuttin in to my riding time.

Kinda SUCKS here...over a foot of snow and still coming down...High temps Monday & Tuesday of 0 degrees F.
weirdsmiley.gif
Just snapped this outside. Talk about cutting into your riding time. This is what -50C looks like. Those aren't clouds. That's ice fog from cars and houses. Wanna go for a ride?

IMG_20140103_084323.jpg

Cold enough to freeze the knots off a blue spruce!! Bungie don't care what oil you use in your bike..... 20W aint flowing so good, so he keeps it parked.

Last edited by a moderator:
weirdsmiley.gif
Just snapped this outside. Talk about cutting into your riding time. This is what -50C looks like. Those aren't clouds. That's ice fog from cars and houses. Wanna go for a ride?

IMG_20140103_084323.jpg
Steve...You gotta be just a little crazy to live where you do. I guess Ohio is a little more tropical... Oh, and about going for a ride...not without my Mukluks.

Cold enough to freeze the knots off a blue spruce!! Bungie don't care what oil you use in your bike..... 20W aint flowing so good, so he keeps it parked.
0W doesn't flow to good either. It's fun driving to work when it's this cold. Everybodies exhaust freezes the instant it hits the roads making for black ice, usually in the right hand track only. Which means if you hit the brakes, your gonna spin. Ever see what happens to plastic at -50C when it gets hit? It doesn't crack and fall off. It shatters.

Take comfort in the fact that your running snow tires. Real ones. You know, rubber that stays soft at sub-freezing temperatures. When it's this cold, they flat spot and it feels like your driving a Fred Flintstone mobile with 4 square tires.

Ya, us Frostbacks. We're a hardy, stupid bunch.

The snow rolled through yesterday and dropped several inches of the white stuff. Now it's sunny but cold. And, like Joe said, it's gonna get colder. And the early weather forecast models are showing us getting up to another foot of snow come Sunday into Monday. Hoo-fucking-ray. At least I have a really short commute these days...

~~Stan-lee Steamer is out on his new Ski-Doo R-Motion 800 (lucky bass-tard)
Tell him I said to beware of ducks.

Cold now (-7F when I got up this morning), snow everywhere. Up to another foot of snow forecasted for Sunday then high temps below zero F for Monday and Tuesday.

Screw this shit, we're flying to Orlando tomorrow for a few days and returning Wednesday when tennis get back to normal!

It's going to be in the 30's in Orlando Mon-Tues. Rode today, and it got down to 46. Not bad really, and love not sweating and soaking the helmet.

32 degrees, that's degrees C at 9 am this morning, heading to 39 +

A mate had a facebook photograph of a car out central Queensland with 50 degrees C showing on the dash.

Cold now (-7F when I got up this morning), snow everywhere. Up to another foot of snow forecasted for Sunday then high temps below zero F for Monday and Tuesday. Screw this shit, we're flying to Orlando tomorrow for a few days and returning Wednesday when tennis get back to normal!
Autocorrect is a bitch.

:)

It's going to be in the 30's in Orlando Mon-Tues. Rode today, and it got down to 46. Not bad really, and love not sweating and soaking the helmet.
lol, I'd love to have LOWS in the 30's in the winter! When we get an ocassional winter day in the 50's, we break out the t-shirts and shorts!

Cold now (-7F when I got up this morning), snow everywhere. Up to another foot of snow forecasted for Sunday then high temps below zero F for Monday and Tuesday. Screw this shit, we're flying to Orlando tomorrow for a few days and returning Wednesday when tennis get back to normal!
Autocorrect is a bitch.

smile.png
yes, it is. I do most of my internet work on my Android phone...

Got down to -14F last night.

Deb and I met friends out at an Indian Restaurant. The spicy food was actually a good call, but the "hard nipples" atmosphere soon won out.

And... I only ride snowmobiles in this weather for good reason....

image_zpsb4ce556c.jpg

cold.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
no.gif

Got down to -14F last night.
Deb and I met friends out at an Indian Restaurant. The spicy food was actually a good call, but the "hard nipples" atmosphere soon won out.

And... I only ride snowmobiles in this weather for good reason....

image_zpsb4ce556c.jpg

cold.gif
weirdsmiley.gif
no.gif
KJ, is that yamafitter underneath that ice?