What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The all-day rain yesterday got the salt off the roads so I rode into the office this morning.

Dunno what the temperature was for the ride in - upper-30's or lower-40's, I guess. Didn't matter - I was riding in no matter what.

Still many feet of the crap on the ground, but it's been above freezing all week, today, double digits! (50F) and sunny.

Melt you bastard melt!

Been snowing for two days now. It's melting off some during the day but turns solid when the sun goes down. Had to drive in ice this morning and again tomorrow.

It was a little windy here.

12832329_10154034282009628_1336798271830877027_n.jpg

Motorcycles are usually first on and first off on the Mukilteo Ferry but not on this day.

It was a little windy here.
12832329_10154034282009628_1336798271830877027_n.jpg

Motorcycles are usually first on and first off on the Mukilteo Ferry but not on this day.
I've been on the Islands run in that kind of weather and the crew has you stay with your bike to help stabilize it. After that the first stop is the car wash to desalt the bike. The bikes are usually over on the side behind the wing a little but you still get damn wet.

Rain all day here but that is good because it will help wash away the sand and salt. I managed to find the FJR buried under some garbage cans in my garage yesterday and started it up and let it run for a while. Here's hoping it is clear enough tomorrow that I can get to go for a ride.

Typical March weather here in Western South Dakota.

Monday it was in the 60's and beautiful. Called the dealer where the Gray Ghost was getting a new left side switch assy under Y.E.S. and they said yup she's done, let us give her a wash, come pick her up around noon. At 1:30 I had my wife drive me to the store, temp was in the 40's and sky looked ominous. Shot the $hit a little bit inside and when I came outside to ride home it was sleeting. Has been windy and cold since then with snow in the forecast through the weekend.

Yesterday it was in the 60s. Got to ride two days in a row. Today Blizzard Warning posted by NWS. 10" - 14" of new snow with 25 - 35 mph winds gusting to 55 mph. Yes, it's definitely Springtime in the Rockies
weirdsmiley.gif

wheatonFJR posted: perfect...or pretty darn near!
Wheatie, you missed the blizzard warning?!?!? . . . . . . . . . . . . Oh yeah, that wasn't for us.
coolsmiley02.gif
Headed to Greer on Saturday. Bridgestone T30's are calling me ...

It's perfect...or pretty darn near!
wheatonFJR posted: perfect...or pretty darn near!
Wheatie, you missed the blizzard warning?!?!? . . . . . . . . . . . . Oh yeah, that wasn't for us.
coolsmiley02.gif
Headed to Greer on Saturday. Bridgestone T30's are calling me ...
Okay. I'm jealous . . . I'll be thinking of you guys this summer when you're boiling in your own sweat
blushsmiley.gif

excessive_sweat430x300_zpsu6zsyjis.jpg