What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Charlotte Monday and arrived in Tampa yesterday afternoon...heading for Marathon in the Keys day after tomorrow. Weather is fukin' great, but I don't have the FJR.

I think I'll have a good Margarita and be completely over it.

I was in Charlotte Monday and arrived in Tampa yesterday afternoon...heading for Marathon in the Keys day after tomorrow. Weather is fukin' great, but I don't have the FJR.
I think I'll have a good Margarita and be completely over it.
Don't stop now!! Keep going: Key West, Duval St. Tequila and Key Lime Pie on a stick. JSNS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even want to talk about how shitty the weather is. Waiting for a break so I can get in a break in ride on my new dirt bike.

On the positive side of things the new Rekluse CORE EXP clutch showed up yesterday so at least I can get that installed today.

It has absolutely sucked since last Friday! We had 71 mph winds over the weekend and it has been gray cold and rainy all week and it's not looking good for the weekend. The local cinema had a light pole blow over on 2 cars, blow out the cinema sign etc. We had shingle damage along with half of Indy.

It hit 100 on my back patio today. Glad I am going riding tomorrow. Forecast for only in the 80's. I am in Bermuda Dunes, SE of Palm Springs.

It has absolutely sucked since last Friday! We had 71 mph winds over the weekend and it has been gray cold and rainy all week and it's not looking good for the weekend. The local cinema had a light pole blow over on 2 cars, blow out the cinema sign etc. We had shingle damage along with half of Indy.
I guess I have to take credit for all of the shitty weather, since I picked up my new bike on Friday. I did get a short ride in on Saturday, before the snow started...it's been shitty here since then, and more snow, and colder temos this weekend.

I know the feeling Joe, I picked up a new 1983 750 maxim in Feb. '83. On my lunch hour. Damned if it didn't snow. Bike sat in the shop at work for days before I could ride it home.

I don't even want to talk about how shitty the weather is. Waiting for a break so I can get in a break in ride on my new dirt bike.
29ºC. Soft breeze, clear, blue skies. Everything blooming and green.GAWD, I miss northern Manitoba.

Bill, aren't there laws against selling a dirt bike to a man your age?

Jus' sayin', and .......

Last Saturday we had a couple inches of salt. This past Monday we had another couple of inches of salt. Probably going to salt again on this coming Saturday evening and again next Monday. Err, snow is just a byproduct of salt
wink.png
We have had about 6-8 inches of snow to boot.

You Northerners are confusing. Down here we use salt as a seasoning for our food. A small percentage put salt on their beer cans. I have seen salt used on the rim of a Margarita glass.

We generally don't salt our roads. Especially if putting salt on the roads causes snow.
smile.png
Why would anyone want that?

I am going for a ride while you ponder a mean reply. I will have to close the vents on my jacket. It must be 70 degrees this morning. Brrr!

...Down here we use salt as a seasoning for our food. A small percentage put salt on their beer cans. I have seen salt used on the rim of a Margarita glass...We generally don't salt our roads....
It's Alton Brown's fault, he confused everyone when he put together his motorcycle trip around the US and called it Feasting On Asphalt.

Today's rain should wash off most of the salt, it sucks that we will be getting more snow. It's been a mild winter so far so there is salt left over (unlike last year) so they feel obligated to put it on the roads while earning overtime.