What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91 in this pic, but a hailstorm came through and cooled things off. Visiting Terlingua, TX
20160410_134112_zpsnftmrvvq.jpg

You must be one hell of a rider if you were able to keep up with those guys! Your FJR was badly outclassed.
weirdsmiley.gif
LOL Yep, it made for a unique group of bikes. The guy in the Gold Wing was having fun the day of the picture. Two days earlier it was a different story as he had never ridden real curves at any rate of speed and was putting a death grip on the handle bars. As a rider coach I never give unsolicited advice to fellow riders while out riding but I had to help him out. Two days latter when we went to Oark he was smiling from ear to ear at his new found skills and was able to keep up a pace that prevented me from putting a bullet in my own head for bringing him down there.

The guys on the 1997 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic and Harley sportster Low always surprised me with the speed they were able to maintain in the curves. When I let the guy named "Willie Nelson" on the old Royal Star Tour Classic lead he would throw down an amazing pace that I would have never dreamt possible for that bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get out for my second ride of the year yesterday (first ride was Friday). 50 miles at 37 °F and 20 mph crosswind. Winter wasn't bad but spring has been reluctant. Hoping for some decent temperatures toward the end of the week. Maybe as high as 50 °F!

Perfect weather here today, 50s to low 60s and sunny. Got to do 100 miles of back roads. Not much blooming at the higher elevations

DSC01122-1.JPG

but the lawns are greening up and trees have the early light green hue. Some redbud on Little Round Top in Gettysburg

DSC01123-1.JPG

I'm in Long Beach CA this weekend. The weather is, in a word, perfect !

Been getting lots of seat time on the bicycle checking out the local watering holes
rolleyes.gif

Got a call from the dealer last night, He said he could show me how to legally reset my odometer back to zero. Because it was 71 here today, I just had to stop by to find out. Of course, he said there would have to be a new paint job to go with it:

IMG_1174_zpsxo3eidbv.jpg

After weeks and weeks of TRULY shitty weather, we finally got a break this week and weekend. Yesterday, it was between 55 in the morning and 65 later, not a cloud in the sky and no wind. Couldn't have been a more perfect Spring day. I spend most of it outside doing yard work, specifically repairing damaged sprinkler lines, one of which required a total "coronary bypass".

I gave up on sprinkler services when the ONE good guy retired from the field because his knees are totally shot. The rest are all jack-legs. But I found, at the local sprinkler supply house, the most amazing trenching shovel that cut the time and effort of digging the new trench to 1/3 of what it would have taken.

Here is my 4/16/16 testimonial for central Colorado weather. From NWS:

Code:
ROADS ARE ESPECIALLY ICY IN EL PASO COUNTY. SEARCH AND RESCUEHAS REPORTED GREATLY REDUCED VISIBILITY IN WIND AND BLOWING SNOW...EQUALING NEAR WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS. TRAVEL IS HIGHLYDISCOURAGED FOR THE REST OF TODAY.
We've had near blizzard conditions all day. The good news is that it's supposed to be getting up to the 50's to high 60's by the end of the week.