What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bracing for the January thaw, it could be over 50º this weekend. Guess I'll have to put the window air conditioner back in
wink.png

Police chase in Maine:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Scotland.

She said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping far below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let the drunken bastard in.

The forecast today is partly cloudy, high 68. MikeP1300 and I have decided that the horses need to stretch their legs. I might even bring my camera along.... stay tuned.

Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Scotland Kincardine, Ontario.
She Pam said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping far below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. Her husband Tom has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let the drunken bastard in.
Fixed.

Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Scotland Kincardine, Ontario.
She Pam said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping far below zero and the north wind is increasing to near gale force. Her husband Tom has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

Fixed.
Hey!

Damn this freezing cold ass weather in New Brunswick CA, I was driving over to MaryEllen's house in Fredericton to soak in the hot tub with her when I got caught up in this traffic nightmare! Damn it all to Hell, eh!

If anyone talks to our MEM tell I will get there as fast as I possibly can: I have got three bottles of Chardonnay, a bottle of Bailey's, a box of chocolate covered strawberries and the new Michael Buble CD with me!

Damn this freezing cold ass weather in New Brunswick CA, I was driving over to MaryEllen's house in Fredericton to soak in the hot tub with her when I got caught up in this traffic nightmare! Damn it all to Hell, eh!
If anyone talks to our MEM tell I will get there as fast as I possibly can: I have got three bottles of Chardonnay, a bottle of Bailey's, a box of chocolate covered strawberries and the new Michael Buble CD with me!

HAHAHA! You're too much. Love you, Papa
kiss2.gif

Freezing rain this morning and then steady rain over the frozen slush. You'll not get up my slightly inclined driveway without ice grippers on your huaraches
blink.png

High 50's and raining, We just had lightening and thunder and it seemed like the temps went up at least 5 degrees. I crazy out there.

Well anyway I put a new battery in the wife's car and changed the oil today. Now I have my glass of wine relaxing and reading the forum.

Yes life is good,
smile.png

Dave

Damn near hot, 65*F with horrible rain and wind. Thunderstorms dropped nearly 3" of wet in my yard. Tornado warnings across parts of the state just east of me though I've not heard of any damages from one yet but many in isolated pockets without power due to trees being blown down.

All in all an early normal spring time day for us.

About a foot of white stuff and maybe another by morning. Glad to see it cause we are way behind on the snow pack.

Blowing rain and snow. Sustained winds of 35-40 MPH, gusts of 70 MPH. Gusts of 85-100 MPH up near the east gate of Glacier NP. Supposed to continue off and on like this until Monday night.

We are getting inundated by pot holes. First lots of snow, then it got warm enough to produce a lot of snow melt then it went to ~0º every evening for over a week followed by lots of rain. The pavement has given up and chunks and strips are disappearing everywhere, some has been steadily clinking off my windshield. If they aren't filled it will make 2014 a bad year for riding. The best is yet to come -- frost heave season; something to look forward to around the beginning of next month.

Back in the deep freeze after a week of mild temps and snow. -30C this morning. I had to get in the passenger door as the drivers door was frozen solid.

Saturday my gf's dad came over in EarthPig (snowplow) to take a pass at the driveway. Yea! Next thing I know it's billowing smoke and he's shoving a fire extinguisher up from underneath. FECK!

Long story short, something shorted out and heated up the emergency brake guide on the firewall to glowing hot (2 industrial batteries = you can weld with it). which set various bits aflame.

Truck is now in the shop getting damaged assessed. FECK!

As much as I hate filling that truck up I sure like the short work it makes of the snow!

As much as I hate filling that truck up I sure like the short work it makes of the snow!
I was going to clear the driveway yesterday afternoon, but I don't have to go anywhere for a while so I decided to let it go. The 50+ mph winds have done the work for me now! Almost completely clear! And like many other areas, we are descending into the deep freeze again this week. Single-digit (F) temps here most of the week. Nutz,...

VerdeHotSprings033.jpg

Just another crappy 76F and Sunny day here in Arizona, riding my BMW GS off road on the Seven Springs Trail! Yo Bungie, not exactly Sudbury eh!