What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean you folks don't want to hear about me mowing my lawn Monday?
Doncha need the grass to dry out first?
I wish, then I would only have to mow a couple times a year.
smile.png

Sunny high 70's ALL week and into next week, monotonous I tell ya!
When I lived in San Diego, one of my friends there said he got bored with the weather, it being as you described nearly all the time. No seasons, as such (we are both from the northeast originally). I wanted to smack the guy! Now that I'm back in the northeast, I REALLLLLLYYYY miss SD.

When I lived in San Diego, one of my friends there said he got bored with the weather, it being as you described nearly all the time. No seasons, as such (we are both from the northeast originally). I wanted to smack the guy! Now that I'm back in the northeast, I REALLLLLLYYYY miss SD.
Yeah I live almost in SD county.........Southwest Riverside county.

Why did you move??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark and Dave, I raked my gravel today! That counts, doesn't it?
Isn't that kinda dangerous? Prolly not knowing you though...I bet you send out the help first to trap the scorpions and rattlers.
Don't remind me Wheatie, got stung 4 weeks ago! Side effects is your taste buds, everything you eat tastes metallic! Haven't seen a rattler in a decade!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't remind me Wheatie, got stung 4 weeks ago! Side effects is your taste buds, everything you eat tastes metallic! Haven't seen a rattler in a decade!
Hey Don, in some countries they deep fry these critters and eat them...ummmm ....Cold here, only in the 40's better by the week end, in the low 60's

Why did you move??
I was in SD for 10 years. Got a job w/more money up in the Bay Area for another 5 years, and then back home to Buffalo to get married...if we could afford it, we might move back there someday. It beats the hell out of the single-digit deep freeze I'm in at the moment. You don't have to shovel sunshine!

Why did you move??
Is it smokey yet? If we don't get some moisture, it will be all summer.

Not to be outdone by pics of patio furniture, I snapped a few of the blizzard that moved through yesterday. 30*F and snowing like a sumbitch, damn near paralyzed the entire state. I gotta move farther south.

DSCN3544_zpsc6dc4b74.jpg

DSCN3545_zps7fdeead2.jpg

Not to be outdone by pics of patio furniture, I snapped a few of the blizzard that moved through yesterday. 30*F and snowing like a sumbitch, damn near paralyzed the entire state. I gotta move farther south.
DSCN3544_zpsc6dc4b74.jpg

DSCN3545_zps7fdeead2.jpg
Must be a battery problem...... Uppa Yuasa ya wussy!

My son was saying everyone was nutz because of that stuff. Hell they haven't turned the heat on in his barracks yet. Good thing he's from up nord eh?

DSCN3544_zpsc6dc4b74.jpg

DSCN3545_zps7fdeead2.jpg

That's a blizzard photo? OK, calling people in Buffalo, Duluth, UP of Michigan, North Dakota........anyone?

DSCN3544_zpsc6dc4b74.jpg

DSCN3545_zps7fdeead2.jpg

That's a blizzard photo? OK, calling people in Buffalo, Duluth, UP of Michigan, North Dakota........anyone?
Yep, that's a blizzard. Canceled/delayed school. Many companies/stores opening late, including the county gov't my wife works for. The following morning (I work night shift) about 1/4 of the employees called in and said they couldn't make it safely.

I'm not kidding. No one here ever learns to drive in it. Ice is the norm, we rarely get just plain snow. Folks just freak out. Grocery stores are cleaned out of eggs, milk and bread if there's even a hint of bad weather. Me, I'm from up north. I chuckle, call them wusses and head out to wherever.

The Canucks don't mind it as much 'cause they measure temps on that Celsius scale thingee, so they're almost always below zero!
tonguesmiley.gif
Judging from the Canucks I've ridden with they don't have enough blood in their alcohol system to be affected by the cold.
Gunny that. I've heard the proper ratio is 50/50 for best temperature protection while maintaining clear arteries.

...My g/f's (Deb)...
Thanks for helping us distinguish which GF you were talking about.

Otherwise, it might get downright confusing and we might misspeak at one of the events...

biggrin.png
It's safe to just say "Miss"
wink.png
Oh I get it. That must be where the expression "Hit n' Miss" comes from...
tonguesmiley.gif

DSCN3544_zpsc6dc4b74.jpg

DSCN3545_zps7fdeead2.jpg

Bwaa haa haa... blizzard. That looks more like a light dusting to me.

Northerners would be deciding which bike to take out that morning.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I was just gonna let it pass. Having had an actual weather service-titled blizzard in the last couple of weeks, I chuckled at this. But then again, if it snows this much in an area that never gets snow, they just can't deal with it. No one knows how to drive in it (hell, even here in Buffalo the first real snow of the year sends all sorts of knuckleheads into the ditch because they can't remember how to drive in snow since LAST winter!).

It's all relative. What we had as a blizzard is probably just another winter day for those in places like Minnesota or Wisconsin!
cold.gif