What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things have warmed up a bunch here. Why it's over 260 Kelvin. (feels much warmer when you use Kelvin) They are talking 275 tomorrow (actually above water freezing)

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it's not like Fargo....or Brunswick. It is sure as hell not like CA

Murrysville, PA 15668
Friday
Partly Cloudy
partly_cloudy.png

°F | °C

Precipitation: 10%
Humidity: 50%
Wind: 18 mph
Temperature
Precipitation
Wind

I'm blaming the Arctic Vortex on Alaska. The weather from Alaska has gone all to hell since the Yanks took it over and started punching holes in it. We Canucks never had these kind of problems when the Russians were running the place.

It has been around 65 at night to around 68.5 during the day in my den where I have been on my couch since last Saturday evening with the worst illness I've ever had in my entire life. I'm assuming it's the flu and it has been the worst evil hell spawn thing I've ever had. Stay healthy my friends...

It has been around 65 at night to around 68.5 during the day in my den where I have been on my couch since last Saturday evening with the worst illness I've ever had in my entire life. I'm assuming it's the flu and it has been the worst evil hell spawn thing I've ever had. Stay healthy my friends...
I'm glad it's not just me. The temp here is 15 now. Its been cold all week; however, I missed most of it because I have been sick since Saturday. I haven't been sick like this in years. I don't think its the Flu, but it's kicking my ass. C got it two days after me, so its been a bitch getting the kids to school.

Muscle aches, congestion and something terrible going on in my chest. The crap that comes up looks like I've smoked 2 packs a say for the last 50 years...and I have never smoked. I'm short of breath and can't sleep for the coughing. Today I feel like crap, but feel way better than before. Luckily no fever, but this is bullshit already. I've never seen C sick for more than a day. She's been miserable since Tuesday.

I'm blaming the Arctic Vortex on Alaska. The weather from Alaska has gone all to hell since the Yanks took it over and started punching holes in it. We Canucks never had these kind of problems when the Russians were running the place.
Fitter, this is pure bullshit. If you checked the weather channel today, in neighboUring Yukon, the temperature at Whitehorse 13C (55F) and it is 6C (43F) as I write this. The brilliant thing to do is get Bungie to move up there, it'd be like Northern Cali.............

Fitter, this is pure bullshit. If you checked the weather channel today, in neighboUring Yukon, the temperature at Whitehorse 13C (55F) and it is 6C (43F) as I write this. The brilliant thing to do is get Bungie to move up there, it'd be like Northern Cali.............
Agreed Ray... Bill gets a little nutzo when he's been drinking.

You want to see problems? Stay tuned for these upcoming Olympics.

Agreed Ray... Bill gets a little nutzo when he's been drinking.
How can you tell? I mean, when has Bill not been drinking?

Cold bastids ya'll.

Of course, we have no water and will soon have property worth your toilets value.

but... riding everyday!

More sub-zero temps next week and more of this crap. My bike hasn't been out of the garage for all but one day in the last two months. I really need to move.

igrk.jpg

Cold bastids ya'll.
Of course, we have no water and will soon have property worth your toilets value.

but... riding everyday!
Dang it Mister Candy-Butt Prez, you have beer and riding.

The rest will take care of itself!

shitting_surprise.jpg

It was 9 freakin' degrees here last night.

That's -13 C to the Aussies and you Cali boys who may not even have a f'g furnace.

cold.gif

And the ice is so bad that a big-ass dump truck snow plow got stuck on the hill in front of my house. Actually that was kinda funny & you shoulda been here to see it while we raised a beer while standing at my picture window because the loaded dump truck with the plow was sliding backwards and crooked down toward a neighbors' little parked F150 in reeeaaaaal slow motion and that neighbor went running out in the snow and cold yelling in his T-shirt with his house slippers flapping away and his huge white belly bouncing to his man-boobs, the bearded dump truck driver had probably been plowing down peoples' mailboxes for the last 48 hours with the radio blasting away, and you just had to see it. But the truck slid to a stop and the neighbor's another story and I need to breath now . . . .

lmaosmiley.gif

And for all you Kanookians who are colder than us here in Disney North (DC), welllll - before I hear a patient slow uttering of

"What's the problem, Bob - 'eh?" (Obviously with a Toronto or Ottawa accent)

The difference is that you people get this cold shit every winter and just switch to riding your snowmobiles with your heated winter suits while drinking a nice hot red wine or something'. You bastids!

tonguesmiley.gif

Gotta go back to winter meditation and studying my Dharma now.

Fred, you are starting to figure Bill out....... all his talk of 40 Creek and other fine beverages (he only goes for the good stuff)... ever noticed that Camelback, yep. And if you see him wandering around with what looks like an insulin pump and the extra battery pack... I tell ya, intravenous is the best!

It's easy to get depressed over this winter, gotta be one of the worst on record as far as I'm concerned. Almost everywhere..... you watch, next year will be a green Christmas for us north of the 39th and we'll be pissed we can't build a snowman. But, I gotta admit, even though I never really get down on winter, this one makes me think I need a road trip to Arizona, maybe throw a bike in the back of my truck....... meanwhile, I worry about Bungie...... if he slips and falls on the ice, his nutz are gonna shatter like glass and I'll have to listen to his stories next year in a higher octave...... Lord have mercy!

Keep yer stick on the ice..........

Last edited by a moderator:
-9C out this morning and snowing. Supposed to go back in the shitter tonight with -29C again.

(Looks out the window..)

Not snowing. SNOWING. White out snowing. I can see EarthPig's headlights on in Line's dads driveway. I hope he plows the driveway, that way I can stay inside with the bevies and my appliances.

My water heater continues to puke water in the basement and is just barely able to keep the place kinda warm and still supply almost-warm showers for me and Sooze, but it's warmer out at least (all the way up to 26F today!) and snowing. Like Phil said, a deep freeze is on its way - I am REALLY hoping to have that new water heater installed on Monday. Otherwise...

...and that neighbor went running out in the snow and cold yelling in his T-shirt with his house slippers flapping away and his huge white belly bouncing to his man-boobs...
And here I thought beemerdons lived in Arizona. Whoda thunk?

Sun, lightning, thunder, hail, rain, rivers ... "rivers" are weather? - Read on.

Weather looked bright, SWMBO said "Why don't you go for a ride?". Never one to argue with her, I set off.

Stopped to pick up petrol, then told Tomtom to find me a "Windy Road" route to Ashbourne, from where I proposed exploring some of the Derbyshire Dales.

Half way to Ashbourne, on this narrow lane, the road got very wet as if it had just received a heavy shower, but all looked well. Until I rounded a bend, came up from between high hedges, and saw the sky in front, blacker than I'd seen it for a while. Glanced at the instruments, temperature said 10C (50F). Ok, let's go for it.

That's when the lightning started, at first hidden in the clouds, but lighting up the whole horizon. A little later, bright flashes were visible, irregular patterns forking in all directions against that black background. And the thunder, clearly audible above the rattle of the hail on my helmet. My hands were getting cold, strange at 10C. Wait - hail at 10C? Another glance at the temperature gauge showed 3C, changing to 2C (36F) as I watched. From 10C to 2C in something like two minutes. Unusual in these parts. I turned on the heated grips, the hail changing to heavy rain.

Got into Ashbourne, the rain continued unabated, though the lightning had stopped. I was wearing my old, no-longer-waterproof, suit (well, it was sunny when I set off), I could already feel wet creeping around my crotch, uncomfortable. Decided to abort the ride, and head for home. Still, of course, using "Windy Roads".

Over the past few weeks we've had a great deal of rain, many places flooded. The roads of my route were bordered by fields, already thoroughly saturated. All the rain simply runs off the fields and over the road, so my route required splashing its way through muddy rivulets of varying depths. And slipperyness. Some of the twists and turns were potentially "exciting", a delicate throttle hand was the only option.

A couple of miles from home, the rain almost stopped, the police were just closing off the road (don't know why, but I suspect flooding), had to turn round and find another way round. Just about sums up the ride.

So, not a grand multi-day adventure, just an hour of sun, thunder and lightning, hail (still lying in some of the grass verges) and rain. And rivers.

Enjoyed it all.

Except for my wet crotch.

My route.

And Tomtom's summary.

Motorcycle riders know about wet crotches, that's for sure.

Sorry about the aborted ride...glad you made it home without going down on the pavement.

Nice here today low 60's for the high, tomorrow mid to high 60's and going for a ride with some friends from T-Town..AR twisties here we come.
punk.gif
grin.gif