What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowmobile is now the toy to ride up here in northern Minnesota. Depending where you go along the northshore of Lake Superior the recent snowstorm brought us 24 to 40 inches of snow. The temperature dropped with highs subzero since last Friday. Evening temps at my place were running at -30f to -25f all week long. Needless to say the bikes are resting in the barn for a few months while the ski doo gets a workout. Savor the seasons and take advantage of what's available. I like snow.
Good on you! Snowmobiling is one of the things I miss most not living with real winter. I've logged many an hour on Sno Jet, John Deere and Polaris sleds.

Going riding this weekend helps me get over it.... :)

El Toro Joe and wheatonFJR, you two are so royally screwed today ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said eh!

snow1.jpg

El Toro Joe and wheatonFJR, you two are so royally screwed today ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said eh!
[img=[URL="https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/December%202013/snow1.jpg%5D"]https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/December%202013/snow1.jpg][/URL]
Yea...No shit, Don

My local forcast...

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Brunswick&state=OH&site=CLE&textField1=41.2457&textField2=-81.8212
Me too! Up to 8" of fluffy white stuff from tonight through tomorrow afternoon! Definitely gonna ride today before it hits.

Just got in from a 2 day Beach trip (Snowmobile venture) to S/Western NY. It was balmy, saw plenty of thong bikini's on the beach. Basically we sweat out what we drank and never had to pee! (Coffee & Dognuts)

On the way there, the roads were basically clear (of any traffic!)

KJ_snow1_zpsb4568cd8.jpg

Good thing my truck is a 4x4, with all that sand flying, we could hardly find our Beach Condo (Holiday Inn).

KJ_Snow2_zps84be36ba.jpg

hehe. Actually we had a ball. Wouldn't want to have to shovel it all day like those poor folks, Eden NY (and we have a member here from there) had places of at least 2 feet of the stuff.

Got back home this AM to a balmy 24F but all bare ground. Not worried about the cold really, Deb and I are going on another Cruise in Feb so it's a breakup and all good :)

ENJOY what ya got! ...and I know Don, it's sunny and warm in Chandler :) :) :)

snow1.jpg
I thought for a second that this was my catscan...but no Don, no royal screwing here.

If you still know how to read, it only mentions minor amounts of snow for Chicago area.

I would expect you to know about snow, having worked in Alaska and all...

...or was that only something you made your underlings perform?

snow1.jpg
I thought for a second that this was my catscan...but no Don, no royal screwing here.

If you still know how to read, it only mentions minor amounts of snow for Chicago area.

I would expect you to know about snow, having worked in Alaska and all...

...or was that only something you made your underlings perform?
I would not ride my motorcycle up to Alaska until either the Cassiar - Route 37 or the ALCAN Highway was clear of snow, the second it started snowing in September I would turn to the Union Job Steward and say: "Get me my Money!" Then I was on the Alaska Ferry MV Matanuska sailing back to Seattle, after two Winters in Germany in the US Army: I HATE SNOW!

Wouldn't want to have to shovel it all day like those poor folks, Eden NY (and we have a member here from there) had places of at least 2 feet of the stuff.
No way in hell I would shovel that much. Electric start snow thrower is da bomb!! We got off slightly better here in Eden than our neighbors in Boston, NY. I spent the beginning of this week in Wichita where it was single-digits half the time, but absolutley no snow on the ground. Wednesday night I came home to find I couldn't really get into the driveway, so I had to wade throught it all to get into the house and then fire up the snow thrower for an hour or so of clearing. Definitely makes me miss my time in SoCal...

...after two Winters in Germany in the US Army: I HATE SNOW!
So Don, are you saying you hate beautiful winters in Germany?
Dumkopf!! You are going to piss Herr Petey off!!
As Company Sergeant of 5/32nd Artillery Battalion I was assigned a 5/4 ton vehicle, I burned more fuel than any other vehicle in our Division because I never turned the engine off and I never had the heater below max. I'd never get out of the cab on Winter maneuvers, unless the ammo dump was going to blow up! I will never forget what a pain in the ass it was to place a 105mm towed howitzer in firing position in the sloppy, wet and cold snow!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the Weather like where YOU are today?
I don't know. I am hibernating till May. I don't go outside anymore since I found out about the home delivery liquor service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh and the Penguins won again tonight.

Ever since climate change occurred I noticed that hockey is moving south. I think we're expecting that snow tonight. It should be fantastic skiing tomorrow...so who moved the mountains?

Pittsburgh and the Penguins won again tonight.
Ever since climate change occurred I noticed that hockey is moving south. I think we're expecting that snow tonight. It should be fantastic skiing tomorrow...so who moved the mountains?
Hockey moving south has more to do with northerners moving south and bringing their beloved game with them than any climate changes.

If they eliminated indoor rinks it would put an end to the non-sense of hockey in the south land. It would also mean the season would go back to being just a couple of (intense) months long (with 6 teams?) and they wouldn't be running the finals in fricken June. Might be the best thing that ever happened to the game. ;)