What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposed to be 13 and snow tonite. Probably plowing in the morning. Glad I wired my tractor for my Gerbings gear.

Low 60s today, mid 70s this weekend
punk.gif

Mid to upper 40s this morning, should hit low 50s this afternoon. I'm already leaving work to go ride! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
10 inches of the white shit, -15C with a strong north wind. Lots of drifting.

GF's dad plowed the driveway twice, but I still had to get the snow blower out for an hour late in the day.

'Snow Blower': Noun. A machine designed to hurl snow into the air which then gets caught by the wind and blown directly back in your face.

We are in our third day of freezing rain, snow and ice pellets. I was out last night in the rain at -7 °C. Was freezing solid on contact with any surface. At least we didn't get the ice as badly as Southern Ontario did. Snow is much easier to deal with than the ice although I share Bungie's assessment of snowblowers.

-3 ºC with rain freezing solid on contact with any surface. It was life threatening just to walk slide out to my vehicle, then I discovered how hard it was to chip the ice off. My back driveway is up hill to pull out and it took 4WD to get out.

It must have been a warm July day when the previous owner decided that my house should have TWO driveways. One goes to the garage and has to be cleared every snow and the other goes to the front door of the house and has to be cleared every snow. I get Bungie's snowblower syndrome X2. I wear my waterproof winter motorcycle gloves and insulated motorcycle boots (with anti-slip soles) when I snowblow and I've contemplated wearing the helmet too.

The motorcycle helmet is a great idea. I even have a Pinlock shield so it shouldn't fog up on me. Maybe I can run an extension cord from the heated jacket liner to the car battery while I work!

All the snow we had (2.5 feet or more) has melted in the pouring rain we got all weekend. I think it even hit 50 on Saturday. All that ground water was seeping it's way into the crawlspace we use for storage. I spent all night Sat-to-Sun with a 5-gallon shop-vac getting the 2" of water out of that crawlspace and dumping it down the sump in the basement. Could have been worse and flooded the basement, as it did for many folks around the area. And north of the city the temps dropped like a rock Saturday night and caused widespread power outages as ice-coated branches and power lines succumbed to gravity.I guess even Mother Nature has mood swings...

A few from the yard...

ice001_zps25346d7e.jpg

ice007_zps0f6033d6.jpg

ice004_zps94bb7ed8.jpg

ice2007_zps985689f6.jpg

ice2006_zpscf9f426a.jpg

a couple from down the road..

ice2001_zpsd6d3c9d8.jpg

ice2003_zpsda383504.jpg

1/2 the city without power right now, more than half the county. We're under a state of emergency and many will be without power until Saturday.

Were still drawing from the grid,and even if it does go down we're set up pretty good to make it a few days w/out 'lectricity.

It's a bear without it in the summer or warmer climes, but it's only hitting low 20's all week and single digits at night.

We'll keep our place open to any in the area who need shelter.. Last night we had 2 here.

ice2002_zps5129579c.jpg

We're in Prime Time here is the desert SW. With football bowels and nba playoff just around the bend the highways will be deserted. The Cowgirls play a big game Sun. at 11 am . I'll be out there. Just have to remember to avoid the convenience stores before game time.

I'm hunkered down, day 3 without power since the ice storm. Looks like that last picture of Bust's..... Got the generator going steady, but it's been hanging in around the freezing mark. Heating with the airtight woodstove. Tonight gets worse, going down to -12C..... so I'm going to run a feed to the furnace. Trees and branches down all over, power just has been restored to some areas..... except me, apparently not until late Christmas eve. Shit, I hope Santa can find the place to deliver my stocking full of coal..................

Delivered the landlord to Toronto airport..... headed to Australia where it's over 30C and sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still visiting in the PNW - we've enjoyed the ice, snow, rain, mud, and cold. But about noon today the sun came out, the clouds disappeared and the blue skies seemed to be confusing....

Home tomorrow!

I was out riding in that sun felt good although bike is in dire need of a bath more sun coming so it can wait.