What's the Worst Farkle you've ever bought?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
So what's the worst Farkle that you have ever bought? This thread could be interesting and could save a fellow rider some waisted Farkle money.

Mine: In helmet speakers from eBay. Granted they were cheap at about $12/inc shipping but they sounded like crap and were worth about $.50...

I didn't buy this. But it has to rank up there as the stupidest, most worthless device sold, and only $39.99. I give you the Electric Supercharger.

24_1.JPG

On the other hand, and back on topic, I haven't had any "worthless" farkles for Frank-I always research any planned mods/add-ons, and have never been the first to try, I let others do the beta if said mod is debatable in value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the worst Farkle that you have ever bought? This thread could be interesting and could save a fellow rider some waisted Farkle money.
Worst farkle: Fog City Universal Hyper Optics (https://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=324697&store=Main&catId=&productId=p324697&leafCatId=&mmyId=)

One of those photochromatic face shield inserts that are supposed to darken with increases in sunlight. The little piece of [work] wouldn't darken any more after the second day. And when it decided to stop working, I was 400 miles into a thousand mile trip. Second worst (pseudo) farkle: the crappy sunglasses that I bought on the trip that came apart in my helmet.

The Tankslapper clear adhesive protector. Hard to install and looked like crap. Threw away after a piece blew off.

The JCWhitney in-helmet comunicators. (Nady, I think) What was I thinking? I know what I am thinking now; the brand name is an adjective.

Peg lowering kit. The more relaxed riding position did not outweigh the pucker factor as I scraped through the twisties. Took them off after two weeks. Also, Tankslapper. Agree with previous post.

Another vote for tankslapper. I made the side pieces on the tank work on my '04, but they never really wanted to stay. I was stupid enought to try again on the '06, and quit before I even put one piece on. If anyone needs any tankslapper pieces, I'm your guy. :lol:

Wow, I must be strange. Ok, so I am most definitely strange. Even so, not only do I count the Vista-Cruise as the THE most important farkle I have, but consider the TankSlapper a good farkle too.

Granted, it's a PITA to install, but if done correctly the pieces last quite a while. The key is to get the 3M adhesive pieces and they are pretty much permanent.

As for my worst farkle, I didn't install it - it came already installed on FJR#2 when I bought it. Regardless, I freaking hate it. The P.O.S. that is called the Throttlemeister.

Throttlemeister. :thumbsdown:

The Tank Slapper kit was donated to EOM, primarily because of all the sucky installs I've seen and I just didn't want to spend the time to do it right.

Off course the deer whistle and Alien Air Extractor® rank pretty high on my list, too.

don't understand why you guys have had so much trouble with the Tankslapper kit - mine is still on after 2.5 years and 41k miles? And I commute to work on mine nearly every day.

Just replaced the pieces that go on the top of the saddlebags cause they were scuffed up from my wife dragging her foot over them.

Sigh... too many 'bad idea' farkles to decide which is the worst. Thankfully in the end none of them have ended up costing me too much $$$. Some of them alot of time though.

Oh well, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet....

Wow, I must be strange. Ok, so I am most definitely strange. Even so, not only do I count the Vista-Cruise as the THE most important farkle I have, but consider the TankSlapper a good farkle too.
Granted, it's a PITA to install, but if done correctly the pieces last quite a while. The key is to get the 3M adhesive pieces and they are pretty much permanent.

As for my worst farkle, I didn't install it - it came already installed on FJR#2 when I bought it. Regardless, I freaking hate it. The P.O.S. that is called the Throttlemeister.
Just goes to show how subjective this all is... I used a Vista Cruise for years and don't miss it. And I love the Throttlemeister I installed on the Feejer.

I had okay results with the Tankslapper on my old Connie. Works best if you wax the tank first and install with a small squeegee. I haven't tried it on the FJR.

The thing I'm most sorry I bought is the Icon Urban Tankbag. Cheesy zippers stick all the time and the map pocket becomes a water bladder when it rains.

Yup, different folks, different experiences. My main bitch with my tankslapper was that everytime I took off my Corbin seat, it tried to peel up the bottom edge on the tank. After awhile, they simply didn't want to re-stick. But as for the Vista cruise, I've had one on every street bike I have ever owned since 1981 and love them. I would kill to find a way to make one work on my AE.

Oh yeah, I wasn't real thrilled with the passenger footpeg extenders either on the '04. Jenny claimed no real benefit for the money spent. Pretty pricey experiment too.

California Scientific at one time did offer a cooling kit....it consisted of some plastic stick-on pieces & some extra foam....what a waste, totally useless, did nothing worthwhile....except lighten your pockets :derisive: ....in that respect it was excellent :good: ....

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Worst farkle was the HUGGER from Free Street Design.

:assassin: :assassin: :assassin: :assassin: :assassin: :assassin: