wheatonFJR goes down!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from ortho doktor......only slight OC joint shoulder separation....no surgery required. Ribs sore and maybe some breakage...but doktor says they can't do anything for that anyways...so just buckup and take the discomfort dammit. :)

Just bruising and sore for a couple of weeks....no biggie.
I'm glad to hear you're not too messed up. I had a slight shoulder separation once. It hurt like hell!

I hope ya heal quickly. :thumbsup:

Glad it's nothing real serious.No pain, no gain!

From the photos it looks like your bike should be repairable.

Now hurry up & get it fixed, your SE Ohio spring ramble will be here before you know it.

;)
I hear ya...but someone else may need to organize it...I mean who wants to ride with a crasher anyways. :blink:

(....)...I mean who wants to ride with a crasher anyways. :blink:
Mmmh...you did hit your head after all, Wheatie... :lol:

Who has never crashed a bike raise your hand...

Look after your old bones bro and fix that bike, will ya

Stef

Crap dude!

This is the first i heard of this!

I am glad you are ok.

Damn... the original Hooterville gang is getting picked off one by one. be careful guys!

I have a spare windshield, and a Motivation slider puck, if needed. Let me know

Adam

Wheaties,

Good job my man. You have tied a great crasher (ME). Oh wait I managed to break my femer.....

At least you managed to kill a 04 fjr just like me. Now you will have to get that 05 you have been lusting over for so long..... :lol:

In all seriousness, I am glad you are doing OK. Better get that 05 and be ready for our spring ride on the great roads

of WI.

Dana

...only slight OC joint shoulder separation....

hmmm...typo... I think you mean "AC joint" separation....

I think you get "OC joints" down at your local college campus...

anyway, hope you feel better soon.

I've been told there are two types of riders: those who have fallen, and those who haven't fallen YET. i'm new to riding on two wheels and haven't fallen YET. These crash stories scare the who-ha out of me. Hope you heal up fast and STAY ON THE ROAD! :rolleyes:

Wheatie-

Fix the bike, it's a rare '04 after all. Or, I'll sell you a VERY dusty K bike languishing in my garage!

BTW, cowbells are not considered farkling. Heal quickly!

Scott

... who wants to ride with a crasher anyways.
If that's the case, then that disqualifies many of us. ;)

Great news in the medical report. :clapping:

Brave question to ask your wife and daughter. I give you credit for welcoming their response ... and I was pleasantly surprised to hear what they said.

I mean who wants to ride with a crasher anyways. :blink:
Uh...me?

Yeah, what the hell. How bad could it be?

Heal up, man. Sooner or later, it seems we all play this game. Sorry you got in the club. Meetings are on Wednesdays. :huh:

Good to hear you're OK! :clapping:
Fix that thing, not enough bikes of the right color running around.

Was the mishap non-ABS-related?
Nope...I was not on the brakes at all during this set of curves...just before in prepping my speed.

One last thing...thanks to the riders of this board

-for helping me on the scene

-for well wishes on the board

-for PMs offering assistance with the bike

...you guys are great! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

It's unfortunate that you had to "lay 'er down". When's the benefit ride gonna be?

What tires were you running? Were they up to temp.? Was the road surfacechip sealed/strewn with excess gravel?

The shadows in the pics look long. Morning or late afternoon?

Oh, yeah...glad you're all right. I look forward to riding with you again next year.

Kris

Mark,
It's unfortunate that you had to "lay 'er down". When's the benefit ride gonna be?

What tires were you running? Were they up to temp.? Was the road surfacechip sealed/strewn with excess gravel?

The shadows in the pics look long. Morning or late afternoon?

Oh, yeah...glad you're all right. I look forward to riding with you again next year.

Kris
Tires were up to temp...been 24 miles since our last break in Marshall, AR. Tires were in good shape...front a little cupped but not too bad...air pressure checked that am...it was mid-morning probably in the 40s air temp. Road surface seemed okay...typical AR roads in that area. I was #1 rider...was not trying to keep up with anybody, Scott and his buddy had gone on ahead because they are great riders and I was too slow for them...(ie I was riding my pace and they were rising theirs). I had gone through many other curves that morning as you can imagine if you have ever been in this area. I had also gone through other curves that were marked at the same speed as this one so I felt I had a good bead on the consistency of the signage. This was a left curve - right curve combo. I went into the first curve confidently based on what I saw, but then as I was in it realized that it was a bit tighter than what was expected soI was not set up well suspension-wise or line-wise for the second curve which was tighter and to the right. I adjusted and turned my head farther to the right to ensure that my body and the bike followed. I felt confident that I was in good shape even though the curve was tighter than originally thought. Shortly after I adjusted my line as said before, my tire(s) lost traction...I thought it was the rear, but my buddies said it was the front...I'll take their word for it.

Just to let you know, I am no pegscraper. And I did not lay it down in some sort of panic...I expected to get to the next curve. I didn't.

Petey and I only ride the same pace when his suspension is shot and mine is brand new...

Breadman, I look forward to riding with you next year on an '04 (or '3 or '05)...mine or somebody's that I buy.